Cheap make-up you absolutely love....

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Everything Wet N Wild. Jumbo eye pencils, lip pencils, lipstick and gloss, nail polish....Love it all.

Maybelline Full & Soft mascara. Maybelline Great Lash Clear (as brow gel.) Maybelline Define-a-Brow pencil. Revlon Superlustrous & Colorburst lipsticks & lipglosses. Revlon Matte Single Eyeshadows. Revlon Age Defying Cream Concealer. Hard Candy Sheer Envy primer. Bonne Bell Gel Bronzers. NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils. NYX Black Eyeshadow Single. NYX lip liners. Wet 'n' Wild Eyeshadow Trios - especially Walking on Eggshells & Silent Treatment. Wet 'n' Wild lip liners. Annabelle Smoothliners & lip liners.

Revlon Colourstay Liquid Foundation

NYX Eyeshadows

NYX Lipstick

NYX Eyeshadow base

I like Llehsals suggestions.   The only exception is the lipstick since I've never tried NYX,   yet i do like their other stuff.....

My favorite lipsticks vary widely based on what shade I am looking for,  but Revlon, CoverGirl etc seem fine  (cover nicely and don't smudge easily)

On a few rare occasions i have tried a few dept store products (eg. Clinique,  Dior)  and to be honest I think it is all marketing and hype. 

ELF and NYX :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

NYX: Jumbo Eye Pencils, shadows, lipsticks, lipliners, soft matte lip cremes, gloss, glitter, etc etc I could go on :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

ELF: brushes, blotting sheets, some shadows, lip products, blush, and a few others

I really love Sally Hansen nail polishes. Especially the Hard as Nails nail polish, which I think may have been discontinued unfortunately. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

It was fantastic though! I love how quickly the nail polish actually dried and hardened! I'm really notorious for banging my nails against something right after they're painted and ruining the paint job, but with the Hard as Nails polish it actually hardened so fast that I never had any problems with it denting or chipping off really fast! The color I owned was jet black too (it was called Black Knight :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ) So I definitely would have noticed if I ruined my paint job.

Also, I love the size and shape of the brushes that come with all the Sally Hansen nail polishes. They are just perfect, and make for a very smooth and easy nail polish application. Most of the colors are gorgeous too.

I am quite suprised nobody has said cover girl yet, I have used the clean foundation and powder since I was a teen. I use a good spf lotion underneath with a bronzer or blush over top and I use just a touch of each so at the end of the day I don't look blotchy. They have increased the prices these days but its still far cheaper than the department stores, lately I have been using the organic wear brand powder as I found a wack of them on clearance and I do find they don't clog my pores nearly as much as the liquid cover girl so I may just use that powder from now on. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Most of my lipsticks are CoverGirl, Rimmel, Maybelline, Revlon, NYC, NYX and Wet & Wild.  All of my liners, except the Urban Decay liners that came with my I ♥ NYC palette, are cheap, drugstore liners. And my mascaras are all Maybelline and CoverGirl. My only high end requirements are my face products. My primer, foundation and concealer are Make Up For Ever. Anything else is fair game!

I'm really loving the CG lipsticks lately. And I like the quality of the Maybelline lipsticks as well. The Falsies and One By One mascaras by Maybelline are definitely my go-tos. I'm trying out the NYX Matte Lip Creams to see if they are long lasting. If so, then those will be a new cheap fave at $6 each.

cheapies i like:

covergirl lash blast mascara

milani eyebrow pencil in taupe.

revlon colorstay foundation and pressed powder (always wait for BOGO sales + coupons)

sally hansen nail lacquer (insta dry and complete salon manicure)

i did like loreal hip cream crayons as eyeliners, but no stores near me carry them anymore (discontunued?)

i still have several anyway.

cornsilk pressed powder-i'll always have it as long as they make it.

walmart's equate brand of olay makeup remover wipes

ELF.....NYX......and Wet N Wild!  Who knew that less expensive brands could work so well?  

Back