FOTD March 28, 2011

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
[SIZE=11pt]Good Morning Everyone,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]For today, I decided to continue practicing the tutorial by Celina on the Brown w/Purple and Blue.  [/SIZE]You can find the tutorial here:

[SIZE=11pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]https://www.makeuptalk.com/forum/thread/114216/brown-with-a-twist-of-blue-and-purple[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]I didn’t have her exact colors, but I had similar colors from my Mary Kay collection.  [/SIZE]I noticed that my colors didn’t stand out as much, which leads me to believe that 1) I’m not layering enough or going on strong enough with my shadow or 2) my shadow is as pigmented as I thought.

[SIZE=11pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Either way, here are the results:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt] [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Eyes:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Mary Kay (MK) Primer[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Center Lid:  [/SIZE]MK Mineral Eye Color – Peacock

[SIZE=11pt]All over Lid:  [/SIZE]MK Mineral Eye Color – Iris & Sweet Plum

[SIZE=11pt]Crease:  [/SIZE]MK Mineral Eye Color – Chocolate Kiss

[SIZE=11pt]Brow:  [/SIZE]MK Mineral Eye Color – Sweet Cream

Maybelline Ultra Water Proof Eye Liner - Black

Mascara:

Rimell Eye Magnifier Waterproof Mascara – Black

MK Brow Gel

Cheeks:

Mary Kay Mineral Cheek Color – Sun Spice

Lips:

MK Lip Liner – Neutral

MK Lipstick – Shell

MK Lipgloss – Gold Rush

Face:

Bare Minerals - Primer

Bare Minerals - Golden Medium

Bare Minerals - Warmth

Bare Minerals - Mineral Veil

[SIZE=11pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]I also wanted to point out my scars.  [/SIZE]Here is a pic of my face and the scars left over from a bought of acne.  My face has finally settled but I now have to deal with the purplish scars.  I don’t always use concealer because I just don’t have the time to work it right.  I’m currently using Caudelie’s VINOPERFECT Radiance Serum, which is supposed to help with the dark spots.  I[SIZE=11pt]’[/SIZE]m half way thru the bottle and while the scars aren’t as deep, they’re still [SIZE=11pt]noticeable[/SIZE] thru the foundation.

Just wondering if you ladies have any suggestions.[SIZE=11pt][/SIZE]

Good morning Dream!  You look bright eyed for a Monday morning!! :0)  Hope everyone had a fantastic weekend.

For today's look:

Eyes:

ELF Eye Brightening Eye Shadow Quad - Day 2 Night

Maybelline Natural Smokes

Maybelline Lash Stilletto Mascara - Black

Cheeks:

Ulta Powder Blush - Adore

ELF - Bronzer

ELF Studio Blush - Gotta Glow

Lips:

Maybelline 24 Hour Lip Color - Constantly Cabernet

Have a wonderful week everyone!

Peace and Love,

Jeannine

Love these.  I love the lip colour DreamW and your eyes are gorg Jean.

As for your question DreamW, you can probably use a full coverage foundation such as MUFE HD Liquid or MAC's Full Coverage Creme foundation.  For my skin hiccups however, I use Dermablend's Cover Creme.  It works really good on me.  Hope I was of some help :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />. 

Also Divadoll has a thread regarding BB Cream that seems to be working for her.  See it here https://www.makeuptalk.com/forum/thread/116221/bb-creams ...it may be of some help.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Gorgeous looks, ladies!  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

This is a look based on Rhianna's 2011 Grammy look.  It's red eyeshadow with red lips... a little strange, but fun to recreate anyway!  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Main Products Used:

• MAC e/s:
    - Passionate
    - Brule
    - Soft Brown (crease and brows)
    - Carbon
  • Estee Lauder e/s:
    - Honey Drop
    - Copper Penny
    - Petal
  • NYX e/s:
    - Wild Flower
    - White
  • L'Oreal cream liner in Black

On the cheeks I have MAC l/s in Viva Glam I.  Yes... on the cheeks (not pictured here...).

On the lips I have NYX l/l in Auburn.  Estee Lauder l/s in Fig and MUFE l/s in #22 (to lighten up the inside of the lips) and Cherry Culture l/g Cherry.

So here's my FOTD using Dior's 5 Couleurs Eyeshadow Palette in 034 "Gris Gris."

I Iike these greys because they have an ever-so-slight blue undertone in them. I used the lightest color as as the highlight, the two middle colors blended on the lid, and the darkest shimmery black over liner and in crease. I also used that to blend into the bottom liner.

I lined my eyes with Almay's Eyeliner in black. Mascara is Opulash by MAC, and my foundation is custom blended with the RCMA Shinto Palette. Great work everyone!

Dream you blend so well! Love the warm colors on you!

Jean I'm loving the reflecting shimmer. I also like the darker lips on you! Does that lipstick have a blue/purple undertone?

Barbie great work on that look! I'm thinking that lip color is going to be big this spring. I've seen color in quite a few ads!

@Barbie - Love that pink on your lids and lips

@greeneyedlady - Wow! The greys really give your greens a cool tone, love it! The lipstick I'm wearing does have a purple tone to it.  I looked at literally hundreds of lipsticks trying to find a pretty purple tone that didn't look costumeish.

All you ladies look Marvelous !!
1f.gif

It's Sephora Advanced Lash Booster mascara.  I got it as a sample and I've been using it up.  I really like it!  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by StereoXGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Great looks today!  I love them all!

Barbie, what mascara did you use?

@ barbie good to knw about that mascara...I'm almost out and need a new one! I dont like lengthening ones, but love volumizing ones!

Lookin good girls, that silver looks awesome with green eyes, and I bet that red would make hazel eyes really stand out! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by ox0xbarbiex0xo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's Sephora Advanced Lash Booster mascara.  I got it as a sample and I've been using it up.  I really like it!  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thanks, it looks great!

Originally Posted by greeneyedlady /img/forum/go_quote.gif

@ barbie good to knw about that mascara...I'm almost out and need a new one! I dont like lengthening ones, but love volumizing ones!
I'm the same way!

@ox0xbarbiex0xo: I really love your eyes today....and the shape of your lips is intence

Here's mine :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

More pictures on blog

http://kattatonic.blogspot.com/2011/03/antique-me-redblack.html

Look 49 (3-28-11) Antique Me
·         NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk-All over lid

·         Beauty From The Earth’s- Mix&Fix Mixing Medium

·         Beauty From The Earth’s Dangerous-Crease

·         Beauty From The Earth’s Isis-Lid

·         Beauty From The Earth’s Livid-Outter half of lid

·         Beauty From The Earth’s Smoke-Outter edge of Dangerous

·         Beauty From The Earth’s Chance-Lower lash line

·         Beauty From The Earth’s Sweet N’ Spicy-Brow bone

·         Maybelline New York Eye Studio Gel Liner in Charcoal- Waterline

·         Maybelline “The Falsies†Volume Express mascara

@dreamwarrior- so pretty i really love that lip color on you.

@jean- very cute! i love the deep lip color

@barbie- i love the pink eye shadow and i love that lip color so much.

@greeneyedlady- pretty smokey eye

@katt-i love that eye. it's so pretty with the gold and bronze

Another simple boring look lol

I just hung out at the house today

Face: Tarte Smooth Operator TM Agent 12 (sample that I got from Sephora). I love the consistency of this and the coverage is good for a TM.

Lips: Sephora Shimmer Lipgloss Orange Juice

Eyes: Mark No Place To Run Solid Gold & Maybelline One By One Mascara Blackest Black (waterproof)

Latest posts

Back