Baby Powder gives roots volume!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I read this in a old German In Style issue, the article said a celebrity hair dresser always uses Baby Powder on Angelina Jolie´s Roots, on dry hair, before blow drying/hot rollers (I guess)

so I tried that too cause I´ve been wanting a change from my always straight hair. and ot worked great for me...and it washes out easily, soaks up any oiliness on your roots and the effect is more intense when you blow dry and slightly tease your hair afterwards.

try it!!!

Photo of you with curls please :icon_chee

I will have to try this, I'm sure I have some BP around here somewhere!

I didn´t curl my hair after applying the Baby Powder. I just blow dried in all directions to give my roots some lift and then held my head upside down. but I´ll try to make it wavy sometime, cause my hair always goes flat so fast when I try that

Cool...I'm always looking for ways to keep the oilies at bay. I just hope it's not really obvious on dark hair.

Now if i tried that, it would look like i'd serious dandruff! I think Halo mentioned before that there's some sort of dark colour powder out there for dark haired girls though

I do this all the time if I am trying to rid my hair of the greasies!! Works awesome!!

I have never tried this... but I saw on the Style channel or something once that Bumble & Bumble makes powder in various (also darker) colors that accomplishes the same thing as baby powder (only costs more haha).. but if the baby powder is noticeable then maybe this would be a good alternative?

I looked on the Bumble & Bumble website and it shows these available in white, red, brown, and black in 2oz bottles. It says that the powders will "create a dry, perfectly matte texture and over-the-top body" AND that they are a "fantastic form of temporary color" also.

I use baby powder, when i don`t have time to wash my hair. The only bad thing when you have dark hair is, that it looks grey after using the baby powder. :eek:

Iv never heard of this before but my bloke always get greesy hair real quick and dandruf comes with it, we have tryed every type of shampoo to help but it doesnt seem to work, u think this would be good for it?

Are you overcleansing your hair? Sometimes too much shampooing can make oil glands kick into overdrive :icon_conf

Do you put this on wet hair or dry hair. I am confused, because above you said ... before blow drying. Or did you mean blow dry, then add powder and blow dry again????

yeah, i use it on dry hair after blow drying. you don´t really need to blow dry again after that, but I still do cause it adds volume

The Bumble and Bumble hair powder sounds like a great option if your hair is dark like mine. As for blondes, they have more options. Another alterantive to the baby powder is corn starch. It works in the same manner as BP and is safe and natural w/o talc which is harmful to breath. Check out the following article for info on Bumble and Bumble, Baby powder, and corn starch. I found it quite interesting and if I was blonde I would use cornstarch over baby powder but that's just me.

Check it out!

Latest posts

Back