Do you pull your eye when you apply eyeliner?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I know there's a lot of people who will say that pulling your eye to apply eyeliner will give you wrinkles and whatnot, but almost every time I put on eyeliner, I pull my eye to get the skin tight. No wrinkles so far... but I'm still young! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I just don't know how people can get a straight line without pulling the skin!  lol

Do you pull your eye, too?

I have tried not to, but I just can't get it on properly without pulling my eye taut.

Yes or I make a mess and scribble everywhere, I did have a makeover recently and the consultant didn't have to so maybe I jsut have to try harder!! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I've never pulled my eye but I've been thinking it might do me good!  It takes me forever to do my liner and I'm thinking it will be easier and "cleaner" if I do. 

No!  lol.  The thought of pulling my eye just makes me cringe.
scared.gif

I tilt my head back and look into the mirror while using small strokes.  That's just what I've found works for me. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Nope...I used to until I heard it wears down the skin below the eye as its very delicate.  I use super soft liner so I don't need to pull my lid.  I simply tilt my head down and look up and line it.  It sometimes touches my eyeball though, but no pain or anything...it's done before any discomfort takes place.  This goes for the top as well.  No pulling.

Maybe I just need to try a little harder to not pull.  If I could master it without pulling, I'd be all over it. 

Tomorrow morning, I will try to not pull!  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

@lleshal and stereoxgirl - What liners do yall use?

Nonono! I just kind of tilt my head as I'm applying it to follow the natural curve of the eye

I used to pull, but I feel like pulling my eye when applying eyeliner was making the shape I wanted much more distorted than I wanted it to be. I just mess up so much when I do that, so I stopped, heh heh. I already have a hard time trying to make the eyeliner look symmetrical on my eyes.

Yeah, I used too... with the cheap liners.  Now, I mostly use liquid liner on top (no need for pulling)... and sometime a pencil on the bottom eye lid - but the self sharpening type.  Those tend to be easier for eye applications and smooth/straight lines.

I've always pullled it taught... I could never get it not doing so. I have been doing a thicker line towards the ends lately and I haven't been pulling when I do that so maybe I'm on my way!!

Originally Posted by DreamWarrior /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah, I used too... with the cheap liners.  Now, I mostly use liquid liner on top (no need for pulling)... and sometime a pencil on the bottom eye lid - but the self sharpening type.  Those tend to be easier for eye applications and smooth/straight lines.

Urban Decay's 24/7 pencils go on like butter :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I only line my top lid. I lay my pointer finger along my brow bone and look down.  Closing my eye and holding the skin on my brow tightens enough so I can line.  Gel liners or pen liners are easy to use and doesn't require too much pulling.  I don't use pencil/kohl liners at all, its too hard on my eye lids and it hurts. 

Yes I pulled my eye when I apply eyeliner even though I know it's not the right thing to do.  :) it helps the eyeliner to go on straight.

I don't pull.  I know a lot of people do, but it has never helped me.  I don't get a straight line when pulling for some reason.  I've found that using short strokes is the best method for me.

I use MAC Kohl or Avon Glimmersticks....both work like a dream :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by ox0xbarbiex0xo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Maybe I just need to try a little harder to not pull.  If I could master it without pulling, I'd be all over it. 

Tomorrow morning, I will try to not pull!  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

@lleshal and stereoxgirl - What liners do yall use?

I don't pull, I didn't learn to do it that way when I was a teen/twenties, so didn't get in the habit. Also I have weird eyelids, they always seem kind of puffy, like I've been crying, only it's like that all the time and super puffy if I have been crying. Because of this puffiness, it looks strange if I use a thin line, so there really is no need to pull on my eye if I'm going for a thick line anyway.

What kind of eyeliner do you use when you do pull on your eye? All kinds? Or can you do some liners without pulling, but others you feel you have to in order to get the right look?

Back