How do you shape your eyebrows?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I get mine threaded. I used to tweeze until I got fed up with it, and besides, I was really bad at shaping them correctly. The woman who threads my eyebrows gets it done in just 2-3 minutes or so, but tweezing them myself took so much longer. It's definitely worth the cash to get them threaded imo!

Mods, if this isn't in the right forum, feel free to move the thread :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

This forum is fine :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

And to answer your question, I tweeze my brows and then fill them in with pencil and set with powder. I don't allow anyone else to touch my brows ever since a horrible waxing job about 7 years ago where I was left with two VERY different and crooked brows. I'm still trying to even them out, all these years later haha. Scariest thing is that "professional" does PERMANENT MAKEUP too. RUN! Run far far away from her and never look back!

I usually do it once every 2 weeks or so, with tweezing in between whenever necessary.

I'd taken a course in fashion makeup at MUFE and they taught us eyebrow trimming there. So glad they did, because now I don't have to pay for professionals!

A full eyebrow trimming sessions includes tweezing, combing and trimming of those hairs growing out.

xoxo,

Roxanne

Self Wax and Tweeze.  I wax all the open parts (upper, lower, and in between) with Bliss Wax (LOOOOOVE), and then go in and shape them with a tweezer and do a cleanup with a tweezer in between waxing.   I wax about every 1.5 weeks or so.

As far as shaping them, Im still learning.  Sometimes it comes out PERFECT, other times I find I tweezed too much. LOL!  The arch is my hardest part.  I never know exactly where it is.  :-(

Yup, 30 something and still learning about myself. :)

Originally Posted by AmourAnnette /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This forum is fine :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

And to answer your question, I tweeze my brows and then fill them in with pencil and set with powder. I don't allow anyone else to touch my brows ever since a horrible waxing job about 7 years ago where I was left with two VERY different and crooked brows. I'm still trying to even them out, all these years later haha. Scariest thing is that "professional" does PERMANENT MAKEUP too. RUN! Run far far away from her and never look back!
I'm grateful that the person who does my brows is really good at it. I can't believe that the person who waxed your brows does permanent makeup!

I tweeze my brows once a week, I used to be SO bad at it and over tweeze but since I have to do it so much I've gotten really good at it so they come out perfect, or really close to it every time. I also trim my brows super short weekly, lol their like weeds. I fill them in too, so they look just right.

I actually use these super fine tweezers from one of my entomology classes lol!! Works great as I just browse around the eyebrow for strays when I pluck them! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I tweeze. I have gotten them waxed before just cause I was too lazy haha. My eyebrows are my favorite part of my face and I spend a freakish amount of time making sure they are as even as possible. 

Beautiful eyes SarahJean, I love the look and the colors you used are incredible!! You should post on the FOTD thread and share your secrets! LOL!

Originally Posted by SarahJean /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I tweeze. I have gotten them waxed before just cause I was too lazy haha. My eyebrows are my favorite part of my face and I spend a freakish amount of time making sure they are as even as possible. 

Tweezing.....got sooo used to it.  I thread sometimes as well, but most time it's tweezing.  I'm still working on getting it right.

I tweeze but always pause and think when I'm walking thru the mall and theres a booth for threading. Right there in the middle of the mall 
rolleyes.gif
  I've never been able to get my eyebrows "just right" tweezing so maybe next time I'll stop and get them threaded (and get over my fear of everyone watching who walks by lol). 

I tweeze. I hate dealing with my brows.  They're pretty thin and not very unruley, but they just get on my nerves and I hate trying to make them look nice.

I get waxed 1-2x's a month, depending on my personal needs and if I have a photoshoot, I'll get waxed so I have a nice arch and no strays. While doing my makeup, all I do is brush them into place and use a tiny bit of brow powder on a slanted bristle brush to give them that perfected but not overdone, drawn-on, fake look. I like to keep my brows looking natural but at the same time always very neatly groomed & arched.

I got them threaded and now I keep up with tweezing.  I wish I could keep up with threading, but when I did it, it took them around 1/2 hour.  Maybe I'll try waxing a couple times a week...

I think I'll have to go back to shaving and plucking. This is the 2nd time I've done threading and they messed up my brows - I absolutely HATE the surprised/shocked look they seem to think I need... I can't trust my brows to anybody else.

Originally Posted by xjackie83 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got them threaded and now I keep up with tweezing.  I wish I could keep up with threading, but when I did it, it took them around 1/2 hour.  Maybe I'll try waxing a couple times a week...

Jesus Christ, you got a bad threader. The one who does my eyebrows seriously gets it done in less than 5 minutes. I estimate about 3 minutes max for her, and they come out completely even. This is even if I've gone a few weeks without doing my brows! I have encountered people who are really bad at threading, though, not because they make my brows uneven but because they take so damn long. You may as well have just tweezed them yourself if it takes them half an hour. That sounds so painful :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My eyebrows are my prized possession of my face, it is the only thing I ever really liked about myself, can't stand anything else... lol.. I tweeze them and pencil and powder them in, I use 2 different color pencils and then powder.. 

Originally Posted by DreamWarrior /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Beautiful eyes SarahJean, I love the look and the colors you used are incredible!! You should post on the FOTD thread and share your secrets! LOL!
Thank you, that's very nice. I will have to do that I've just been so lazy lately. Haha.

Back