FOTD April 1, 2011

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LAminerals

Makeup Formulator
Reaction score
Happy April Fools Day
heart.gif
This look is not a joke! Ha ha ...It's our Flower Power Collection from L.A. Minerals. The shades used are Violet Frost, Pink Slip, and Purple Rain.

Check out the Step by Step Tutorial here
Here's what the set looks like:

@ Lorraine - The smokey pink look is beautiful.  I'm going to have to give that a try!

I'm doing my Friday happy dance!!
dance.gif

My look today was inspired by Grace on youtube at Cosmeticouturier.  She always does really bold eye looks and has inspired me to try some different color combos.  Today I went for a slightly smokey green and peach look.  Have a great weekend everyone!

Eyes:

Profusion 12 color Palettes I got from Walgreen's during the Holidays

ELF Cream Eye Shadow - Sugar Cookie (the pink all over lid to help eyeshadows stick)

WNW Eyeliner - Blackest Black

ELF Cream Eyeliner - Black (waterline)

Maybelline Lash Stiletto Mascara - Black

Cheeks:

ELF Bronzed - Contouring

ELF Blushed

ELF Studio Blush - Gotta Glow

Lips:

Avon Glazewear Liquid Lip Color - Sundial (I love this color, it's like the perfect peachy bronze and its' discontinued! grrr)

Peace and Love,

Jeannine

@ Jean - job well done as always.  Quick question tho - what do you prefer? Jean or Jeannie? Or CAAAAAJUN QUEEN (think boxing announcer guy voice)! LOL!

@LA Minerals - Im loving the pink smokey look! I will HAVE to check out the tutorial when I get home!! (Work blocks vids and some pics
bawling.gif
)

@Dream - Thanks!  Truth is I'll answer to just about anything!!! hehehehe.  When I was a kid my best friends grandmother didn't like me and she always called me Denise.  No matter how many times we corrected her she'd still call me Denise.  So as long it's not an ugly word, I'll answer to it!! hehehehe It's funny cause when I'm in public and someone calls out a name that rhymes with my name or a part of my name I'll say, "What?" Some of my family calls me Jean, and some call me Jeannie and the little ones call me Nean. So, whatever works for you!
kopfkratz.gif

@Jean Love the way you blended those colors together, very beautiful! I wish I was talented enough with a brush to do that lol

@LAMinerals Just gorgeous, loving the shimmer in the shadows.

WOW!!!!!!!!!  I love the smokey pink colors. Such pretty eyes.  Winged eyeliner might add to it a bit more.  However I love it.

Beautiful ladies!!!!!

@ LA - I love the pinks.  GORGEOUS!!!!!!

@Jean - looking good girlie as usual.  I noticed your profusion palette and I remembered you asking about the Amuse palettes.  I found something extremely similar to both!  Its at the dollar tree and its called Colormates and only a $1!!!!  There were 3 different colors if you're interested.  And doesnt it look like the Amuse too?

@Kiki, they sure do!

@Girly, Thank you!  Honestly a couple of months ago I didn't think I could do this either.  All I can say is practice, practice, practice.  I learned watching youtube videos and just pushing myself to try.

LAMinerals - I'm really loving the smoky pink!! I want that look! 

Jeannine - I'm loving your eyes as well!! Your lips look really pretty too! Your whole look is so radiant. I love it.

FACE:
Mary Kay Mineral Powder Foundation in Bronze 2
Make Up For Ever Lift Concealer in 4

EYES:
Urban Decay Naked Palette - Half Baked all over lid and as highlight, Toasted on upper lid and Hustle in crease
NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Electric Blue
NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Pure Gold in inner corner of eyes
Wet and Wild Mega Liquid Liner in Turquoise
CoverGirl Perfect Point Plus Liner in Black Onyx

LIPS:
Revlon Super Lustrous Creme Lipstick in Siren

LOVE this lip color! Not as scary orange as I would have thought. I'll definitely be rocking this all spring.

@tiara, that orange is GORGEOUS on you.  I think you can wear it all spring and summer!  I like it with the turquoise and gold.

Originally Posted by jeanarick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

@tiara, that orange is GORGEOUS on you.  I think you can wear it all spring and summer!  I like it with the turquoise and gold.

Thanks!

@LA Minerals - Love the smokey pink eye

@Jean - Gorgeous color combo!

@tiarra - love the pop of blue on the lid!

Back