All the 'No-Buy' success stories....HELP!!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
How in heavens did you do this?  I said I am not purchasing anything beauty wise for April as I just got a bunch of stuff and thought OMG I'm over doing this.  This thing takes discipline I believe I just do not possess!  How did you guys make out?  What did you do to help you not buy stuff? I mean...I've heard of people who did No-Buys for a year and I just don't think I can even make a MONTH!!! 

It really depends on you.  What motivates you?  If you go into a no-buy just go into it, it wont work.  But if you need to save for something important - like a new house, then your no-buy has more meaning.  Also, saving for the sake of saving does no good either.  You need clear and reasonable goals to make them stick.

think:

I'm saving for a new car VS. Im saving $5,000 to purchase a new car by December by putting away $150.00 a week.

The second statements adds passion to your goals and will have you more committed to them, making sacrafices like "no-buys" easier to manage.

I'm also saving for a car, so I look at my savings account a few times a week. It's a big motivation! Right now I want an Mp3 player, but if I have to wait a few weeks to buy it, so be it!

I haven't figured out the best way for me to stick to my no-buy just yet.  I'm in serious need of using and even trying the makeup I have. I think that setting a goal and sticking to it is admirable, but I don't know if I can do it! But until I truly try, I guess I can't really say. It's a great idea to save for, say a trip with  my hubby.  That would give me motivation.  But our new year's resolution is to quit another bad habit that would save us a TON of money that I could use on a trip or for more makeup! Dang it, see, I go right back to how to get more money for makeup! One track mind...LOL..I'm trying to do a 5 pan, but doing it so that I use 1/2 of 10 items so I'm not completely out of something that I would just need to repurchase, instead of using something that I won't want to repurchase.  So far, everything I've tried, I would repurchase, which makes it hard to pick an item to work through. But I got two good suggestions here, so I will give them a try. Thanks!

How about making your current makeup more attractive? 

Clean up your stash.  Set them out on your dresser and wipe the packaging down with a damp paper towel or a baby wipe.  After they're all clean - display them somewhere within reach so that you see them (like in a department store).  Display your brushes in a clear glass vase with marbles or sand on your dresser so that they're easy to see and use. 

When you see your makeup stuff displayed nicely and cleaned out looking like new - you'll be more tempted to use them and finish them up.  You'll also know what colors you already own so you wont be tempted to purchase stuff "just because."   

Actually Dream...that is a really good idea.  I don't havea  proper storage system for my makeup, so much of it is packed in a train case and its not the most ideal to get to everything easily.  I tend to reach for things that are easily accessible.  I'd have to find space for all these though :/

This person has given you a better reply that it all depends on your self how do you think and  what do you wanna be look.Don't take stress or follow others.look as  you have.That will pretty suit you than other things.

Actually it depends on you ,How do you manage your self .God has given you wisdom so you can use it as you wish as you want.Nothing is impossible in this world.

Latest posts

Back