Can you rock red lipstick?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I know personally I can't, but a client came over to my house the other night, and she could not bare to leave the house with zero makeup on, so she had sunglasses on and red lipstick.  Red looks good on her, and I have other friends who red looks great on them, especially my friend Dianna, she is like a pin up looking chick with the dark brown hair almost black and blue eyes and red lipstick, beautiful, absolutely gorgeous.  But me.. it is such a hell no it isn't even funny.  I put it on and took a picture just for the hell of it, lol.

So here is a picture of me in the red lipstick, I mean it looks like a joke!  I look like I have those red wax lips there, yea, I'm making a dumb face as usual, but whatever.  Then here is a picture of me with my pretty much typical everyday lipstick color.  Sometimes it changes a bit due to if I'm heavier on the liner/outer lip color.  It's amazing how a lip color can totally change how you look, because both of those pictures are like a day apart but yet the 2nd picture I actually appear tanner and healthy all together, the 1st one I look ugly (well I always do but even uglier), I look like Elvira with dark hair/pale skin/red lips. 

And if anyone is wondering what is up with me having all these pix of myself, I have a boyfriend who goes on extended "vacations" and we've been together for a long time and he likes to "vacation" apparently quite more frequent then I'd like.

YES!! i love red lipstick!!! my favorite is ruby woo by mac. All my friends and family are scared to wear red but I absolutely love it! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> or for a deep red I been loving cheerful cherry by E.L.F

no...personally i feel weird with any color at all on my lips, when I had my summer job I wore mauve lipstick and a rosy hue everyday, but now im back in school...Also, I take so long on the rest of my face, and always leave lips for last, and never get a chance to do them...

Actually, you look hot.  Well, not for everyday... but defo for a night out with the girls! LOL!

As for me, it has to be a deep maroon rich red, not a candy apple or orange red. 

I like a true red, more cool side (blue) than orange.  It makes my teeth look scary white :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I think that red looks awesome on you sans the pucker face ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I do not know why I always make that dumb pucker face, I mean I do smile all the time in pix but then when I'm goofing around I make that pucker face.. LOL

I can't believe you guys actually think that looks good, I was like ew and posted it on my facebook to make fun of it, cuz thats what I do make fun of myself, I like to post 90's pictures of me and have a go at it with friends, it's funny.. me and a couple friends of FB have "old school" galleries and all our pix are so fun to make fun.. like the clothing and makeup from back then.. wowowow!!

anyways, thanks guys, but i wouuullddd never wear that, lol! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

You look great with red lips!!!!!!! Me on the other hand, epic fail!  I can't wear any color without looking like a clown.  

Yes I too think it looks awesome!! I stick to a rosy color as well I don't think I even own a red, that will have to change for rockin out at summer parties!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

LOL, you guys are nuts!  But I think Jean you might possibly be able to do, you should try it real quick if u have any and post it!

Yep, I love red lipstick! Used to be all I'd wear, but now I love to change colors because it's fun! I think you look in red lipstick too!

I don't know because I've never tried. I'm too shy for red lipstick lol. I like it on others though!

I wish I could "rock red lipstick", but unfortunately I look TERRIBLE in it.  I think it looks beautiful on some of my friends, but no way on me.  ChangingFAces, I think you look fantastic in the red lipstick!

Victoria

I was just telling my mom how peope on this website are actually saying I look good in red lipstick, lol, because my friends on Facebook when I posted the pic were laughing and making fun, which I was too, but my mom was like well they just don't know you and havent seen you everyday thats why they think that, cuz I guess my personality isnt a red lipstick person, I dont know, all my friends said "its def not me at all" and "could never see me wearing that"...

I think there's a shade of red for everybody! And I think that red looks good on you.

Red lipstick works for everyone but make sure that your teeth are white because red shows up all your flawed colours!

xoxo,

Roxanne

Sadly, I cannot rock red lipstick.  I have tried every shade and I just look like a clown, a very sad clown. However, I do have a fear of clowns so maybe that has something to do with it?  Hmm...lol

I'm very pale and have large lips, I find I can pull off most colours but some colours emphasize the size of them and make it look like I have clown lips. =(

Most reds suit me, and they're my go-to lipstick colour. Corally-reds, berry-reds and dark reds.

Back