What is/was your biggest turn off in a guy?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
There is this guy I met on Twitter through friends and so forth...so sometime we decided to go to each other's excercise classes and stuff like that....and even do lunch...well....hmmm!!!  He met me at my office sometime to go to lunch and let me tell you, his car was the filthiest thing I have seen in a very.....very long time...files and paper and wrapper and dust was just everywhere...the passenger seat had soooo much stuff on it...it took a while for me to get it cleared and into it...on top of that...the dashboard had a film of dust thicker than a sheet of cardboard (little exaggeration but you know what I mean).  There was alot of gunk stuck around all over as well...I go out to have lunch and dreaded going back in after lunch...after that, I was like..but if this is just his car..what does his apartment look like? 
icon_eek.gif
  Sorry ....but I won't be finding THAT out....that was the ultimate turn off..and on top of this...I was expecting a "sorry the car is in such a mess, but......".  But I got nothing....oh wel...what about you?

sadno.gif
 OMG! Nooo! I hate that! Im thinking the same way as you are.  Not even an apology?! Really?!

FAIL!
plthumbsdown.gif

My turn off is arrogance and cockiness and a macho ego.  Alpha males are okay, but Im an Alpha too - so we tend to butt heads.  That's why I went and got me a wifey! LOL!  Yes, my S/O is a man, but I tell him all the time Im glad I found him and that he is my wife and I am his husband.  He takes care of the house, picks up the kids, and he does the cooking (sometimes)! He even does LAUNDRY!  OMG, did I tell you he's a mechanic too!  Faint. Im set for life ladies!

Hahaha so glad my guy didn't think that when he met me, I am a slob still but not so bad as I was in high school idk I just find cleaning tedious and I have done a 180 since we met. His brother used to sleep on his laundry all over his bed with no sheets and the dirties went on the floor he was a tree logger than and had his own business and no time to clean, his now wife has straightened him out completely so if it's the right guy things can be "corrected.'

Dream I agree 110% I hate rudeness in any sense of the word arrogance, no manners, respect etc. I was always taught to thank people for even the littlest of kind gestures. LOL Right on Dream you found yourself a nanny, jk!! I knew mine was a keeper when Grandma liked him, she got him a Christmas present after a month of us dating and always remarks on how polite, and neat he is.... Now we are building a house together and planning a family so life couldn't be better.....but I think grandma is trying to steal him from me hehe!!

LOL! Grandma is awesome! LOL!

Originally Posted by Amber204 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I knew mine was a keeper when Grandma liked him, she got him a Christmas present after a month of us dating and always remarks on how polite, and neat he is.... Now we are building a house together and planning a family so life couldn't be better.....but I think grandma is trying to steal him from me hehe!!

Lots of things turn me off - but they are deal breakers:

abusive, cheater, self-absorbed, cruel to animals, etc.

Little, petty things don't bother me as I'm not perfect either

Turn Ons - Class. Intelligence. Independence. Financial Stability. Good hygiene. Disease and drug free. Men with direction. Sophistication and Suaveness. Extraverts (I am extraverted and expect my man to be social. I tried dating an introvert and it just didn't work). Culturally connected men (A man that cannot tell me the difference between a Persian and Arab is not for me). Loyal men. Men with a sense of individualism (whether it be in their aura or fashion sense, etc). Humor. Security. Men with intellect and common sense. Optimism. I am attracted to men that can be serious, yet wild. Mysterious men who are open books are a turn on. Men with swagger. Non-smokers. Confidence (men can have some insecurities, but when you are constantly putting yourself down, it gets nauseating). Social drinkers. A man who currently wants a child, but has none is a turn on simply because I am a woman with no children that wants children someday. And more...

Turn Offs - Dependent men. Stupidity. Bad Hygiene. Disease (will not date anyone with an STD). Drug Users. Alcoholics. Uneducated men. Men who have no ambition, goals, or any accomplishments. Men with lots of kids to lots of different women. Attention seeking men. Weirdly introverted. Men with any addictions that are abnormally sinister. Men with a Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde type personality. Men with no faith in anything. Pessimists. Men who are racist. Men that laugh at their own jokes. Morbid jealousy. Collectivists (wanting to own the finest of everything is great, but when you purposely shove it in other's faces, like they owe you more is not worth a relationship). Radically introverted men. Skeezes. Little Man Syndrome. Low self esteem. Insecurity. Narcissism. A man that smokes cigarettes (pot and hookah don't bother me that much when in moderation). A man with more drama and baggage than the Chicago airport. Any man that is on the convicted felons list. I am sure I have more.

My list would be equally extensive as Sarah´s above me. I am very picky when it comes to both looks and personality - which is why I am so grateful that I managed to find a man that actually exceeded all my expectations and on top of that thinks I´m a godess. So I´m holding onto that one for dear life!!
biggrin.gif

But if I had to pick my personal top 3 biggest turn offs (lying, cheating, dishonesty and so on are obvious so I won´t list them)

1. boring personality - a guy who wants to sit at home all the time, won´t go out with me and can´t laugh at himself every once in a while

2. someone who´s religious and/or conservative (not necessarily in a political sense) - that would lead to nonstop arguments which I don´t want to deal with

3. someone who doesn´t love animals - cause I NEED a pet in my life at some point lol

What turns me off?

Men that wear sandals or flip flops.  It absolutely revolts me and I live at the Jersey Shore, so people do be wearing them, but not the kind of guy I would be into.

Guys with snaggle teeth, I just can't.

Men who wear tight jeans/skinny jeans or even fitted jeans.  I hate that look, sorry I like a man who wears loose fitting jeans. 

Men who do not know how to live life and want a mommy

Guys with long finger nails, friggin gross!

Overweight men

Guys who aren't sarcastic or have no personality

A man that loves heavy metal and all that isn't for me either

Guys who are not affectionate and don't like to hold hands and cuddle in bed

Men who don't compliment me and make me feel beautiful and good about myself, not that I need them to feel good about myself, but it is the worst thing in the world when you actually have a man who makes you feel ugly and says things to you like you're not attractive and then take it back and then say it again, and play all those games

Guys who play mind games and say I love you but have no clue what the meaning of love is

Drug users (been there, done that)

Alcoholics (grew up with one, not into it)

Guys with no job or goals or aspirations

Guys who play the victim with the why me's

Men who act like pussies and I'm more manly then they are

Guys who are SHORTER than me, big no no

Men who don't respect my likes and dislikes and career

Guys who talk badly about Michael Jackson, it makes me soooo mad

and I could go on and on all day but... number 1 thing is MEN WITH BAD EYEBROWS! 

I really hate guys who treat there moms awful. It's the most unattractive thing to me, i just want to end it right than and there.

@ ChangingFaces....I love the first line "Men that wear flipflops or sandals"  That made me seriously LOL.  I on the contrary....secretly find flip flops on men sexy...everyone else I know would probably disagree with me....except the friends I have that wear them.  Also the one with disliking Michael Jackson....hahaha...I totally get you...when I genuinely love someone or something and a guy or anyone for that matter constantly bashes them or does not accept my adoration, that totally gets under my skin!!

sandals or flip-flops seriously?   I will use my vote to outlaw granny panties!  

Originally Posted by Darla /img/forum/go_quote.gif

sandals or flip-flops seriously?   I will use my vote to outlaw granny panties!  

Yeah, what is so "seriously" about that.  It turns me off, maybe it doesn't bother you, but it bothers me.

Originally Posted by Kitytize /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My biggest turn off is not liking cats. 

Hahah, I'm allergic to cats, so when I hear a guy has cats it's like a  big turn off for me, but I know how you feel because I have a maltese and a lot of guys are real jerks about it because it's a "small dog", but he is a sweet pea and he isn't yappy or bark-y or annoying, he is a pet therapy dog and is a sweet angel who's days are filled with cheering sick people who need love up!  He is such a BLESSING!!!  I love him!!  He has his own facebook page (my mother, lol)

Originally Posted by llehsal /img/forum/go_quote.gif

@ ChangingFaces....I love the first line "Men that wear flipflops or sandals"  That made me seriously LOL.  I on the contrary....secretly find flip flops on men sexy...everyone else I know would probably disagree with me....except the friends I have that wear them. 

I find flip flops on guys sexy as well, but only if they have nice feet. So many guys just don´t seem to care how they their feet look at all, and those kind of feet need to be hidden in closed shoes lol

Originally Posted by Andi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I find flip flops on guys sexy as well, but only if they have nice feet. So many guys just don´t seem to care how they their feet look at all, and those kind of feet need to be hidden in closed shoes lol
Oh man, I hate it, but then again, I hate feet as well..especially mens feet, just gross me out, but I can admit if a guy has nice feet or whatever though, cuz my on/off again boyfriend has nice feet but he only wears like adidas slip ons around the house for house shoes with socks on and that's quite enough for me, lol!   i dunno, i always date "bad boy/gangsta" type guys even tho it's sooooooo stupid but anyways, flipflops/sandals would just look really stupid on them as well. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by CHaNGiNGFaCESx /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah, what is so "seriously" about that.  It turns me off, maybe it doesn't bother you, but it bothers me.
Well yeah,   but i suppose you do have your standards and if his choice of footware is one of them then I am glad that is working out for you.

Hiking sandals with socks that's what I got hawt!! I think my SO was dressed terribly when we met but he waited for me to get off work and go to my usual spot all day so I over looked the sandals with socks, he knew allot of jokes made me laugh and didn't let my drink hit the bottom of the glass haha!

The first night we met we were both really shy and didn't say much during the game of pool we played with friends, than he came back a few ninghts later and sat with the owner waiting for me to show up and I did, that was that... now I accept the socks and sandals and simply make fun of him allot!

Originally Posted by Darla /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well yeah,   but i suppose you do have your standards and if his choice of footware is one of them then I am glad that is working out for you.
Did I hit a cord or something?  Why are you riding my ass about what I said about my personal likes and dislikes, and I said a million after that, and there are other people on here who said their dislikes, but you chose mine to be catty with and say your sarcastic comment?  I guess you wear flipflops/sandals.  Sorry!

Back