Finding the purple light purple!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please try to upload the pictures again (you can do it via saved files on your computer, or upload from the URL... just copy and paste the picture's URL in the picture upload field). 

Hey yall, so for the longest time I have been looking for the perfect almost lilac or periwinkle to replace this wonderful light purple eyeshadow that came in this not so wonderful 12 color L.A. Colors palate from the Dollar Store (or cherry culture). I love L.A. Colors but their products are not always consistent, they tend to slightly vary by batch.

SO, if you know of any color that I could replace this with let me know! High end or low end it does not matter.

This color is a very light purple that hangs more on the blue side of things, it not matte but its not glittery, its more shimmery. I hope the pictures are ok. Incase you cant tell its the one I hit pan on :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thanks so much to anyone that can help :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />   <3 Rachel 

It looks more blue than purple on my screen, but I'd check the NARS Duo in Bateau Ivre from Spring. It might not be much of a bargain, especially if you only want/like/use the one shade.

Since you seem to be so incapable of putting up your pictures (though I think it's just self promotion), I put them up for you, and even the text. You're welcome.

It is hard to tell by the pictures what the actual shades are, however; based on what I say, some great dupes for that shade would be...

-MAC Eyeshadow in Parfait Amour

-Laura Mercier Sequin Eye Color in Lapis

-Sephora Eyeshadow in Midnight Hour

-LORAC Eyeshadow in Rhapsody

just to name a few...

Originally Posted by Loveley /img/forum/go_quote.gif

http://www.lacolors.com/productdetail.php?catID=0001.0001.0004.0000&MainiD=0001.0001.0000.0000

Left to right: PE 301 Lavender Frost & Deep Lavender; PE 305 Purple Fling & Grape Crush; PE 306 Juicy Plum & Sour Grape

http://www.lacolors.com/productdetail.php?catID=0001.0001.0005.0000&MainiD=0001.0001.0004.0000

PE 406 Juicy Plum, Sour Grape &Eggplant; PE 409 Snow White, Lilac Mist, Royal Violet; PE 412 Copper Glze, Gold Dlgger, Royal Violet; PE 704 Iris, Orchid, Purple Passion   http://www.lacolors.com/productdetail.php?catID=0001.0001.0006.0000&MainiD=0001.0001.0005.0000   PE 502 Soft Lilac Dusty Grey Fresh Lavender Ocean Blue; PE 509 Snow White Pink Paradise Paradise Blue Lilac Mist; PE 511 Pink Streak Tempatation Blondie Blue Satin; PE 512 Snow White Sexy Siren Rhapsody Blue Cyber Blue; PE 788 Baby Pink Powder Blue Pastel Purple Mintgreen  

Um, thanks, its not self promotion. I had tried 3 times on different days. But since you seem to want to think that go ahead. Thanks anyway,

Rachel

I have this one

facebook.com/SpellboundCosmetics it's only $3.99 for a jar, $0.25 for a sample it's not quite as blue, but I could add some for you. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

THANK YOU ALL! This all was great help. I think i'm gonna try mac parfai amor though LORAC Eyeshadow in Rhapsody also seems real close :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Also thanks Zadidoll for all the links but I am looking for a better quality brand to replace this palate but atleast know I know the name of the palate :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

THANKS :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Rachel

Back