Have You Heard Of Argan Oil?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I hadnt heard anything about argan oil.  A friend put me on to Essence Of Argan and I LUUUUUUUV it.  Why had I never heard of this?  So it it is imported from Morocco - where it is harvested by an all woman tribe of Berber women... that is cool  Talk about giving back... Oh - and I can use it on my hair as well as my skin.

I've been using it the last couple of weeks and I can't believe the difference in my hair texture! I'm using a different brand but I think it's probably all about the same.

Yes, it's one way of having an independent job and reliable source of income for those women. It's also a traditional product of Morocco, that's why i don't mind so much its rather expensive price.

I have tried argan oil in the past, it's good for dry skins, for wrinkles as well but i'm too young to testify on that part. My mother liked her moisturizer based on argan oil.

The only issue i have with it is according the way the pits have been harvested, they can produce a terrible smell that really is the reason why i have stopped using it for a good while, until i found a supplier i could trust on that matter. 

I get my oil from my usual supplier for homemade cosmetics, and it gets it for a small co-op.

Argan oil isn't much more expensive then other oils.  Its laughable the price that companies like Josie Maran are selling argan for.  Don't look for brand names just buy from reputable suppliers.

I am getting to the point where I want to prevent any signs of aging before they occur, I am 26 now and still have very little aging signs like tiny wrinkles in my eye corners or on my forehead would this help for that. I use Moroccan oil for my hair so would probably designate the Argan to the face! 

WOW - i thought this was so new... but it looks like some of you have heard of it... I looked into what magosienne is talking about in terms of how the pits are harvested... some suppliers use goats to eat the pits -- digest them... then harvest the oil from what the goat passes.  Eww.  I noticed no real smell - and contacted the company i buy from -- www.essenceofargan.com and they told me their oil is not ingested by any goats - which is why their is no real odor... other than a mild 'nutty' smell... With regards to Amber204's comment - i researched Moroccan oil and it is only a small % of pure oil... the rest of the product is synthetics... also very interesting  - but i am not sure it would have the same benefits to the skin as pure oil?

Argan Oil is a natural solution to defend the skin against premature aging and UV exposure. Apart from the uses of Argan oil for skin care, usage of Argan oil for hair and nail care is also beneficial. It can be used to get rid of the problems of brittle nails as it has a strengthening effect on them. When applied on scalp skin, it can eliminate dandruff problem and prevent hair loss. Argan oil contains large amounts of vitamin E, making it very high in antioxidants. It is great for fighting free radicals, and helping to keep your skin looking younger.

I'm getting an Argan oil conditioner after my current one runs out, Argan oil seems like the new miracle ingredient! I also saw Josie Maran Argan Oil foundation on QVC and was really tempted to buy.

Love argan oil!  I purchased mine from shea terra.  I bought it at first because I heard it was great for the skin so i tried it on my face..i didn't see much difference so i just went back to my old moisturizer.  I ended up using it on my hair to give it a break from flat ironing and blow drying.  I put a little of the argan oil in my hair after i wash it and air dry.  My waves/curls came back!  Before my hair would just be a huge frizz ball no matter what products i used and i never got my natural texture back because of all the flat ironing damage.  But I'm happy that i have my natural waves and curls back
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Back