*Cries* I need to stay home cause I'll go buy makeup if I'm out at the store!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
LOL HELP!

It's Saturday and normally I go out on Saturday and hit up Sephora then walk to Macy's then MAC (all in my local mall) but the incident with Mica Bella left a bad taste in my mouth to go to the mall since I'd have to walk past the kiosk to go from Sephora to Macy's and MAC.

I should at least go hit up Walmart to see if they have any new Hard Candy products in stock since the store I go to tends to be sold out. I want to get more Powder Keg - Loose Eye Shadow or Eye Def - high def glittering cream eye shadow since there are some colors I don't have yet.

Or hit up Walgreen's and pick up the two 8 pans that I still don't have. I think the other Walmart in my area still has them in stock but I heard they will no longer be carrying the 8 pans. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I also need to pick up the remaining Wet 'n' Wild Blooming nail polish that I don't have (a pale blue with Bird in the name of it).

Maybe hit up my local discount grocery store since I found WnW products on sale for 49 cents and the normal 6 pans were under $2 each.

Then hit the Dollar Store for some LA Colors loose shadows.

But... nope... not today... is broke for the money as I've used up all the money I allot myself each month by April 1st. I did get a Kat Von D palette (Angeles) though. I still want to get Truth. I missed out on Adora and told myself that I wouldn't miss out on the next palettes.

I feel like an addict going through withdrawals! LOL I did cave though the other day and went to ShopKo since they're having a B1G1 50% off on WnW and bought myself a lipgloss and my eldest daughter one as well... except I haven't given hers to her yet.... LOL

LOL..i know how you feel...lol.  I planned on getting nothing for the month of april because I got a tonne of stuff earlier on, but today I caved when I saw some nyx and sinful colours stuff on sale..sigh.....wish I could be more help.

Originally Posted by llehsal /img/forum/go_quote.gif

LOL..i know how you feel...lol.  I planned on getting nothing for the month of april because I got a tonne of stuff earlier on, but today I caved when I saw some nyx and sinful colours stuff on sale..sigh.....wish I could be more help.

LOL I know about the Sinful Colors sale. My local Walgreens has a new display of polishes for $1.99 and I have some catalinas from a previous purchase which would make the products nearly free. Tempting, but I use those cats on other purchases when I stock up on shampoos, soaps, conditioners, shaving cream and the like.

Hahaha I buy something like everyday it's getting out of hand I got 3 Kat Von D lip glosses on sale than went and bought 3 burts bees and a Revlon one on clearance yesterday. I am gonna hide my keys so I can't go to the mall... I can't wear them all at once but I can't pass up the deals either lol!! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I knowww. I have to nobuy because I'm moving and starting school soon, and I need to keep the money. The worst are the things you had planned on buying already, and just hadn't gotten a chance to. I don't know what I'm going to do once I live near MAC and Sephora but have a student's budget.

I feel your pain, I'm moving in a month and can't buy anything.  I usually go to target check out their deals, walk next door to nordstrom rack where they always have smashbox palettes for CHEAP, then i walk a couple stores down to ulta and spend forever in there, then head over the the 99 cent only store and see what name brand makeup is there and then hit up cvs on the way home .... it's like torture when I see the amazing deals that I can't buy

OMG, I'm definitely the WORST at this! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> The Costco I shop at is one freeway exit away from an outlet that has a CCO (Cosmetics Company Outlet), so every time I hit up Costco I'm ALWAYS tempted to stop by the CCO and check out the discounted MAC stuff. I walked in last week determined only to buy an eyeliner brush, and walked out with an extra Bobbi Brown face brush too (but it was SO CHEAP!!!!). I also almost walked out with a bunch of palettes from the MAC Tartan Tale collection, but I resisted~ so proud of myself! LOL!

Originally Posted by BlueSakura /img/forum/go_quote.gif

OMG, I'm definitely the WORST at this! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> The Costco I shop at is one freeway exit away from an outlet that has a CCO (Cosmetics Company Outlet), so every time I hit up Costco I'm ALWAYS tempted to stop by the CCO and check out the discounted MAC stuff. I walked in last week determined only to buy an eyeliner brush, and walked out with an extra Bobbi Brown face brush too (but it was SO CHEAP!!!!). I also almost walked out with a bunch of palettes from the MAC Tartan Tale collection, but I resisted~ so proud of myself! LOL!

OMG you're so lucky!  There are no CCO by me.  I'm dying to know what they have!

Originally Posted by Bonnie Krupa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

OMG you're so lucky!  There are no CCO by me.  I'm dying to know what they have!

It's pretty awesome!! I think they carry the brands owned by Estee Lauder. I've seen MAC, Bobbi Brown, Clinique, Estee Lauder, Prescriptives, and Flirt! at my local CCO. They have a lot of stuff from older collections, from last season to 2-3 years ago, so it's a good place to check if there's something you wanted from a past collection. The downside is that the MAC section is usually pretty bare~ probably due to all the makeup junkies like me clearing it out as soon as new shipments come in. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by BlueSakura /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's pretty awesome!! I think they carry the brands owned by Estee Lauder. I've seen MAC, Bobbi Brown, Clinique, Estee Lauder, Prescriptives, and Flirt! at my local CCO. They have a lot of stuff from older collections, from last season to 2-3 years ago, so it's a good place to check if there's something you wanted from a past collection. The downside is that the MAC section is usually pretty bare~ probably due to all the makeup junkies like me clearing it out as soon as new shipments come in. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

How discounted are the items? 

The designers of department stores AND drug stores are GENIUSES! In order for me to get to the pharmacy department to pick up my monthly meds... I have to walk through the makeup aisles. Ugh.  In my Macy's?..... perfume and cosmetics border the entrance. I can't get to ANY other department  unless I go through there first.  My good friend works in the meat department at my local supermarket, and you know what is directly across from the meat counter?  A HUGE OPI display.  I'm dooooooooooooomed!

My best bet is actually my local Walmart. It is actually designed so the makeup department is towards the back by home-and-garden, so because I can't even grow mold properly, I never go back there unless I have to.  

But oh man.... how is it to justify in our own personal minds that we REALLY need that latest lip color/mascara/foundation?????

icon_sad.gif

Originally Posted by Amber204 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hahaha I buy something like everyday it's getting out of hand I got 3 Kat Von D lip glosses on sale than went and bought 3 burts bees and a Revlon one on clearance yesterday. I am gonna hide my keys so I can't go to the mall... I can't wear them all at once but I can't pass up the deals either lol!! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

How did you like the Kat von D glosses? Were they worth the $$? I bought two pigments from her and enjoy them.

Latest posts

Back