Do you buy both cheap and expensive make-up?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes! I have to say, I don't own any HE or ME lip liners, and a lot of drugstore brands have excellent pencil liners, and lipsticks.

I've pretty much have purchased everything I've wanted from the drugstore so lately I've been buying more higher end items, but I definitely prefer many ds items over department store.

I buy both!  I used to buy only HE items but now that I'm seeing the same results with DS, I'm loving finding the cheaper deals!  Lately I've been on such an ELF kick, I think I own just about everything from them now 
biggrin.gif

Definitely both! I can't go to the drugstore without picking up some sort of beauty item.

And I almost can't go a full day without shopping online for some HE goodies either lol

I use a good mix of high end and drugstore. I will only buy drugstore mascara, I just don't feel the need to pay $20 or more for it when a $6 dollar mascara does it for me. I won't buy drugstore foundation or concealer again, because I love Make Up For Ever's HD foundation, primer and Lift Concealer. But I did just find an undereye corrector by NYC that works well with the foundation, without the concealer. I have lipsticks from drugstore and high end. I feel that I can find good quality lipsticks, liners and blushes for a lower price, so I tend to get those things at drugstores (especially on sale!) and at Ulta. 

I have a bit of a mixture, but nothing really high end. I usually by 17 (uk boots stores) nail varnishes and eye shadows which are like £3-£5 but I have got some China Glaze/OPI polishes and Stila eyeshadows. I don't really think "ooo this is HE so I'll buy it" I just see something I like and buy it if I have the money, but I usually only buy from Boots or Superdrug :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

the most expensive make up i bought was guerlain's meterorites. it was realllly pretttyy though.

Most of my stuff is HE, but I do use cheaper brands too, usually for nail polishes and lip liners, that is, stuff I don't really care about. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I only buy drug store brands. I do have a few HE products that are samples or have been given to me that I really did like.

I love the high end when I can afford I splurge lol!! I think the most expensive thing is Estee Lauder's night repair serum, it better be working haha!! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I buy both name brand and drugstore. I'm going for quality and drugstore brands have definitely beefed up the quality lately.

Back