Please help! If you have a mica allergy or if you are educated in mica allergies please help!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I used to use any makeup brand as long as it didn't test on animals. But I would get tiny styes on my waterline. I started using only mica-free cosmetics from Rejuva Minerals. I tried Zosimos Botanicals which contains mica. I started using the Zosimos eyeshadows about 1 week ago. The styes are back! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I have one right now and it is so irritating. Does this happen to anyone with a mica allergy?

You can see the tiny stye on the left of my top waterline!

I'm somewhat allergic to mica. I can wear it so long as it's among the last products but I found out that straight mica makes me itch and get a rash. I've never had a stye from mica though. I would recommend seeing a doctor ASAP.

I also get those. Mine are not from a mica allergy. My cousin is an eye doctor and she suggested I lay off the heavy eye creams or to much mascara. I have a tendency to get those when I'm lazy and don't wash my makeup off before I go to bed. They are annoying.

I haven't known anyone to get a Stye do to mica. I used to be an optician and one of my co-workers would get them. The eye dr. told her she was applying to much eye makeup and it was irritating her eye. She told her to hold a warm washcloth on it at least 4 times a day and gently massage it. If it didn't go away she would prescribe her some eye drops. It ended up going away in a couple of days. 

I've not heard anyone getting styes from mica either.  I've gotten them from lash growth products, mascaras and eye creams...stuff that actually get to the eyes.  Eyeshadows don't generally make it to the waterline.

I have the same things - my doc told me it's grease in my eye fluid that settles in one spot. I simply scrape them off - these are so very irritating. :S I'll try to take more care removing my eye makeup in the future - my doc did not tell me that might be the cause.

Back