Earthen glow minerals used talc and bismuth oxychloride in their makeup

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm so sad for this because I bought a lot of makeup from them on faith and to not tell customers the truth is bad

That's so dishonest and deceptive not to mention harmful to those with an allergy to those ingredients. Are they listed on the Cosmetic Database? If yes, they need a heads up as well. Hopefully you did not have a reaction and received a refund on your makeup purchase. Thank you for this post. I do have allergy to bismuth. It wrecks havoc on my skin. If you are interested in finding another mineral makeup I can recommend http://hellominerals.com/. I've been using it for almost 2 years with no problems. They have a reputable website and live online customer care.

That's not all!

I got an email from their formulator who used to work for traditional cosmetic company doing making makeup.  She made over 800 products for EGM and documented what she used.  When she by chance looked at the ingredient list on the website she had a meeting with them and they said they would change it.  They never did and she quit because she said they were representing themself as natural and weren't

They use parabens in liquid, mousse, cream to powder pallets, shampoos, conditioners and lotions

They use Bismuth O and Boron O. and Talc in Cover Me, Youthful Glow

I bought all these and am very upset

I was SHOCKED when I received that email! What a scandal and an unethical business if this is true!

I LOVED EG Minerals, and when I got this email today I was so upset!  I never have found a liquid or powder foundation that covered as well, stayed put as long, matched as perfectly, and didn't make my skin itchy or cause breakouts.  I don't necessarily doubt this person that sent the email, but I wonder why I've reacted to every other brand with bismuth or boron and never had problems with the EG.  I don't think it's a placebo effect type thing since I only realized many of the MMU were the culprits of my itchiness and breakouts after getting suspicious and then checking the ingredients to find that they all had one or the other.  Also, I wonder how she got all of our email addresses?  They've been out of business for a long time, and it kind of makes me wonder if there is some personal vendetta she would have for getting all of the email addresses of their customers before quitting, and then hanging out to them for so long.  Seems like if she knew then she should have emailed everyone right away since people with more severe allergies could have really suffered major issues.  I want to give the benefit of the doubt, so I will be appreciative that she made the effort now, and I'll be sad that I will have to live without the best foundations I've ever used unless I want to take a gamble on the ingredients.

I came on here to see if anyone else got the same email from a Carol Ozawa. I was wondering what happened to them because I fell in love with some of their products and about a month later the site could not be found and there was no information. I knew if it was legit I would find it on the site. This is so disappointing.

I would also like to know how she got access to all of our emails. I am not thrilled about that either.

I'm going to tell her to contact the FDA if she hasn't already.  My gut sais its true and I used to be a big fan of EG

I still have some foundation from this company and it would make me itch.  What is worse is how the skincare I bought I don't know what in it cause they lie about what they put in it to make it sound good for you. Sad they do anything for money. Why not be a makeupp company that is not natural so you don't have to lie about what you put in your makeup?

I've bought a lot of stuff from EGM makeu p and skincare. They owe me money for undelivered stuff to this day! I was a big fan of them even tooted for them and their greatness. I emailed Carol and she never said she formulated for 2 other companies, only worked for them. Also, there has been so many customer service issues with them and several people complaining that they never got their emails answered or their products or money returned. They've got a lot of problems but I tell you what... I told Carol she should report them to the FDA and she already has so I'm gonna watch to see if their ingredients list changes. That's dead proof they were are whatever dishonest. My instincts tell me it's true and I bet another company owner or two could look at their ingredients list and verify what is what. Main thing too is I want my money back. Also, I bought a palette from them, cream to powder, and it grew all this white stuff on it. What is that? Nasty so I want my money back for that too! 

I've bought a lot of stuff from EGM makeu p and skincare. They owe me money for undelivered stuff to this day! I was a big fan of them even tooted for them and their greatness. I emailed Carol and she never said she formulated for 2 other companies, only worked for them. Also, there has been so many customer service issues with them and several people complaining that they never got their emails answered or their products or money returned. They've got a lot of problems but I tell you what... I told Carol she should report them to the FDA and she already has so I'm gonna watch to see if their ingredients list changes. That's dead proof they were are whatever dishonest. My instincts tell me it's true and I bet another company owner or two could look at their ingredients list and verify what is what. Main thing too is I want my money back. Also, I bought a palette from them, cream to powder, and it grew all this white stuff on it. What is that? Nasty so I want my money back for that too! 

what's even worse is one of their formulators answered my questions about what exactly is in their mousse foundation and liquid foundations and she explained to me that they use their Cover Me foundation and mix it with a lotion from a wholesaler.  She said this lotion has parabens and other chemicals in it which makes it unnatural by far.  I bought both of these foundations and have tried to complain and get my money back with no success!

Get this ladies... they are changing their name to EG Minerals to avoid their bad history with those who bought from them.  The nerve and I tell you from somebody who wasted many blog articles... and no I never worked for them, I only made the mistake of being a loyal customer way beyond their deserving of my business.

I'm so less than thrilled with this company to say the least.  I personally believe that they were dishonest in their listings of ingredients as well.  I've emailed back and forth with the former employee and she's stated to me that part of her duties included sending out email blasts for upcoming sales.  I asked how she got our emails and that was her response.  I don't believe she is disgruntled but rather being honest about revealing their dishonest labeling and false advertising practices.  If a company that I shop with advertises themselves to be natural and organic I expect that of their products.  If they are not then so be it,  Why lie??  Why deceive??

Latest posts

Back