tarte Waterproof Clay Eye Liner

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GirlyEnthusiast

Mastiff Momma
Reaction score
Tarte had a presentation on QVC a few nights ago. What caught my eye was a trio of waterproof clay eyeliners for $29 in black, sage and bronze.

trans.gif

The packaging is lovely, a long application brush and three liners in glass pots and encased in a gold-foiled box. The application brush comes with two ends. A thicker blending end and a long, skinny bristled end for precision lines. I always have issues applying my liner smoothly, I was actually worried I wouldn't be able to apply this stuff well. Boy was I wrong. The clay formula is sooo fabulous, it just glides right onto my lid with super clean edges. I've never been able to apply a pencil liner this well. The pigment payoff is FANTASTIC! One little dip with the brush and you can glide straight across your lid without losing pigment. As long as you keep the pots well sealed, you'll be able to get hundreds of applications from these three liners.

By the way, they weren't joking about the waterproof thing. I swatched these on my arm, THICKLY swatched at that, waited about 5 minutes and they were not moving whatsoever. I've rubbed the crap out of them without a budge. Very, very cool.

​

​

​

I got this trio about 4 months ago after seeing them on QVC.  They're fantastic right????  I was worried about reviews saying they dried up after a month but here I am sitting on what, 4 months now?  And they still work like a charm!!!! I seriously love the brush that comes with it.  You get a perfect line everytime!!!!!!  Good purchase my dear 
thumbsup2.gif

Oh, and I have to say.........the Sage green is my FAVORITE!!!!!!!!! I have green eyes so my peepers just POP with that color 
patches.gif

YEAH I can't believe how much I like them!!! I am wearing the black on my waterline right now and it hasn't budged or smeared or anything. The brush is faaabulous!

Wow, these look awesome!  I have about 10 gel eyeliners in different brands--Bobbi Brown, Prescriptives, Estee Lauder to name a few.  I always think I shouldn't buy another because of the ones I have drying out.  Somewhere a while ago I read that you should store them upside down, so that is what I do, and so far none of them have dried out at all.  I don't know if that is why, but I haven't had any issues with them getting dry and cakey since I store them this way. 
I already have two green liners but I really want that sage! 

I'll be trying out the green in water this afternoon (its 96 here today so swimming is high on my priority list lol).  I'll let you guys know the staying power while swimming. 

Originally Posted by kikikinzz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'll be trying out the green in water this afternoon (its 96 here today so swimming is high on my priority list lol).  I'll let you guys know the staying power while swimming. 

Awesome, very interested to hear the results

Originally Posted by GirlyEnthusiast /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I showered with the swatches still on my arm. They didn't move an inch until I scrubbed them with a loofah and soap.

Thanks!

Hmm same as I can't find those Cargo one's I may have to pick these up, what cute packaging ta boot!! Thanks for posting these!! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

No problem! I wore the green yesterday and it made my dark blue eyes look awesome.. I think that one may be my favorite also.

No problem! I wore the green yesterday and it made my dark blue eyes look awesome.. I think that one may be my favorite also.

The sage is totally my favorite!!!!! I wore it swimming yesterday and even last night when I went to do my skincare routine, it was still there.  No fading or smearing. 

There is but its always sold out.  The plum is what first drew me to this line but the awesome price of this trio SOLD me!!!!

Originally Posted by kikikinzz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

There is but its always sold out.  The plum is what first drew me to this line but the awesome price of this trio SOLD me!!!!

What exactly was the price for them and how can I buy them for myself. They look awesome!

I saw them this weekend at my local Ulta.  They're retailing for $39.  Totally worth it in my book!!!!

YEAH I can't believe how much I like them!!! I am wearing the black on my waterline right now and it hasn't budged or smeared or anything. The brush is faaabulous!

would you say these are the best budgeproof liners for the waterline or have you tried better?

would you say these are the best budgeproof liners for the waterline or have you tried better?

Latest posts

Back