Curly Hair

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What do you guys use to curl your hair? Do you curl with or without heat? What products do you use?

I use rollers, the regular kind. It works nicely that way, except my hair is so supple i have to curl my hair wet, or the curl won't stay. After that i set with a strong hold hairspray, Elnett or a strong hold spray from Schwarzkopf.

I am not a fan of heat tools, my lengths get easily dry and break, so i've noticed the less hot tools i use, the better it looks.

When I had relaxed hair, I would use heat as a last resource.  Other than that, I would use the bendi rollers that you can get in any beauty supply store.  You can get different sizes and lengths to suit you.  I also used normal rollers, but the bendi ones are much more comfortable to sleep with.  The curls however and tighter most times.  I would usually use a setting spray to hold the hair to the roller to ensure a nice bouncy curl the next day.

Are these the bendy rollers you're talking about?

BendyRollers.jpg

I tend to like loose curls in my hair. A trick I learned from my stylist is to blow dry my hair as I normally do. Then in using larger velcro rollers, grab sections of hair, spray a bit of hair spray and roll sections of hair. Use the blow dryer again after all hair has been rolled into curlers to "heat up" hair. Let rollers set/cool for about 10 minutes. Carefully unroll hair, style gently with your fingers and give one last hit of hair spray when you are happy with the look.

Latest posts

Back