What is your Favorite makeup brand?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello

Tonight I had a lot of my girlfriends over and we talked about makeup for hours! Haha...the biggest discussion was about brands. I have so many favorites. So, my question to you is what is your overall favorite brand?

I can't wait to hear!
~Maryalice (Kissnmakeup)

I don't know if I could narrow it down to just one.  If someone had a gun to my head, I guess I'd have to say Laura Geller.  I can't live without her real deal concealer or balance n brighten foundation. 

Oh just too many to name all.  I have favorite brands for different things. Some would be:

Foundation: MAC, Revlon colorstay liquid, Black Opal stick, Dermablend, MUFE

Powder: MAC, Dermablend

Concealer: Black Opal

Eyeshadow:  MAC, Coastal Scents, Urban Decay

Mascara: Maybelline

Lips: NYX

Blush: NARS, La Femme, NYX

I guess if you look at it, its the same brands that are recycled here...but of course there are other brands I use, but these tend to be my go-to's.  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

If it's makeup I generally will love it. I only have one dislike and that's Mica Bella but I've already ranted about that. LOL

Urban Decay, MAC, Kat Von D (eyeshadow palettes, haven't tried anything else) and Revlon.

I love half of the NYX products I've tried and hated the other half. Very hit and miss with me.

And I love Covergirl mascara but hate everything else they make (that I've tried).

I would say i mostly rotate between Urban Decay for the eyes, Makeup Forever for foundation and eyeshadows, and MAC. These are the brands i will always check in a store like Sephora (although for MAC i much prefer going to the pro store).

It's funny because my favorite makeup brand is the least repersented in my makeup kit!!  I love Avon cosmetics and have for more than 20 years.  I used to have tons of it.  I'm just starting to purchase it again and have some new goodies on the way, of course there will be pics!!

Well  I can just feel you all throwing your eyes up to heaven in pity but I didn't know you could get Avon cosmetics in the States, i thought we could only get them in the UK. Lol. Still I've learnt something today :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

HOh, how I wish that I had friends who love makeup as much as I do! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

As far as favorite brands go, I have so many, with pros and cons to each brand.

Concealer: Coastal Scents palette for heavy duty,  esp for clients since you can mix shades.  My HG undereye concealer is Almay smart shade. It's also great for redness on the face or nose.

Foundations: I have tried a million, and the winners are: Revlon Colorstay, Clinique Superfit, BE for mineral foundation, but I have not tried many other high end minerals except UD, which was so-so.

Blush: Tarte, Smashbox, MAC

Contour: BE Faux Tan is the most natural contour that I have ever used. I also like Benefit Hoola on medium to tan skintones.

Highlight: BE Pure Radiance, HG is Benefit Coralista- it works for so many skintones!

Lips: MAC, hands down.  NYX is a close second.

Now, let me just say, I am an eye makeup JUNKIE before I delve into this....

Liner: Revlon Colorstay, Urban Decay, Benefit Badgal waterproof, MAC matte black pigment used wet for upper lash line.

Eyeshadow: MAC, Urban Decay, Smashbox, Too Faced, Benefit.

Mascara: HG is Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes! The best I have ever used, and I have tried ALOT.

Finishing powder: MUFE, BE Mineral Veil.

There are tons of brands I've never tried, but brands I find to be the most happy with are Revlon, L'Oreal, and Maybelline.

Toss up between NARS and Chanel for first place, followed by YSL, Laura Mercier (mostly for complection stuff) followed by Bobbi Brown. I've developed a recent obsession with Paul & Joe though. Drugstore wise, I'm a big fan of Revlon (primarily just for lip product, and the Age Defying line), Maybelline, Annabelle, NYX, Wet n Wild, and Hard Candy

I used to be a die hard bare minerals girl.  But now I'm obsessed with MAC.  I also like NARS and Chanel.  My favorite foundation ATM is NARS Sheer Glow.  It's fantastic, and I can't recommend it enough.  

Judging by my list of stuff... apparently it's Wet 'n' Wild followed by Urban Decay, LORAC and Sephora! LOL

Urban Decay! Awesome products, cruelty free, a lot of products are vegan, cool packaging.

Most of my makeup is from UD at the moment! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I love Tarte, Avon/Mark products, Urban Decay, MAC (blushes, lipsticks,eye products), NARS (only for their blushes, the rest of their stuff is overrated to me), Maybelline for mascara, Covergirl, Revlon (lip products)

I love soooooooo many of them....dont know which one to choose. Previously I would have said Revlon....but MUFE is beginning to win the title, I love their HD line...gosh!!! choices choices lol

Originally Posted by *Gigi* /img/forum/go_quote.gif

HOh, how I wish that I had friends who love makeup as much as I do! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
You do! You have us!!
biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back