BB Cream

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i do i do!

i love them on days when i'm looking for a more natural/casual look
smile.gif

weekends coffee with the girls is where BB Cream comes in.'BB cream to me is kind of like tinted moisturiser but with coverage

the only thing i don't like about bb cream is the limited shades that is available
frown.gif

Yeah the shades are really limited. I can barely use them and im NC30. Ive read that women who are like NC40 mix it with their foundation and they say it works well.

oh really... i never thought you could mix it with foundation though... sounds interesting

I plan on buying Dr. Jart's Silver Label BB Cream.

It's supposed to be one of the best BB creams (one of the more expensive however). I saw it had good coverage and after seeing a swatch on a beauty blog, the least oily (great for us oily skinned girls).

Hi there!  I'm new to MUT in regard to registration and posting but have been lurking for quite some time in order to read reviews and whatnot. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

After reading about the BB Cream craze I was quick to jump on the bandwagon.  The product itself seems incredible; the sheer amount of BB Creams on the market however is overwhelming it and of itself, and then all of those who use the product say, "In order to find the perfect one you have to find the right one for your skin".

So I ask - does anyone know of a website that offers *free* BB Cream samples?  I came across The Sample Store last week but that's been it, no matter how high and low I search.  If someone can point me in the right direction I would be incredibly grateful!

I've used BB cream by Skin79. I bought mine on Amazon.com using gift certificates I obtained from being a Swagbuck's member. My out of pocket was less than 50 cents. I do like it... but only when mixed with foundation. I'm not crazy about it on it's own. In fact I need to do an updated review now I've been using it since getting it.

If you have a Sephora near you try there since they now carry Dr. Jart+ which is a good line. I say get a sample first before shelling out $30 on a small tube.

I've been wanting to try it too, no idea where to start haha. Have you tried doing some research online? To find out which type might be best for your skin?

Originally Posted by kaylin_marie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've been wanting to try it too, no idea where to start haha. Have you tried doing some research online? To find out which type might be best for your skin?
Unfortunately there isn't much info on what type is best. All BB cream tends to be the same with some variations in color and price. Dr. Jart and Skin79 are the two mostly talked about. Maybelline also has a BB cream but it's only available in China, South Korea, Japan, Hong Kong and other Asian countries. You can get it online via Amazon.com but at a higher price.

I really want to try BB creams but I just don't know which one to get and where. I'd try ebay but I could end up with fakes. Amazon doesn't seem that great either. If anyone know credible online stores or sellers with bb creams please help me!

Amazon.com does have an extensive amount of BB creams. You could also get the Dr. Jart+ one from Sephora or try YesStyle.com which is owned by YesAsia.com. It's based in Hong Kong. I've been ordering from both sites for years and never had a problem with them. You could also try Amazon Japan but that's in Japanese (layout and registration is exactly like the .com version). There's one other place I know of but I don't have the name of the site. I know Wing Law has posted about it before and I thought I bookmarked the site but apparently I didn't. Ahh! Found the link Sasa.com.

Hmm, as far as free samples, I'm really not sure. But I use Dr. Jarts Silver Label pretty much daily. I picked it up from an Ebay store and when they shipped it out, they included 5 or 6 samples of other types of BB Creams. This was the cheapest I've been able to find it, so maybe it would be your best route! http://myworld.ebay.com/emultistore/?_trksid=p4340.l2559

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Amazon.com does have an extensive amount of BB creams. You could also get the Dr. Jart+ one from Sephora or try YesStyle.com which is owned by YesAsia.com. It's based in Hong Kong. I've been ordering from both sites for years and never had a problem with them. You could also try Amazon Japan but that's in Japanese (layout and registration is exactly like the .com version). There's one other place I know of but I don't have the name of the site. I know Wing Law has posted about it before and I thought I bookmarked the site but apparently I didn't. Ahh! Found the link Sasa.com.

I would go for yesstyle. Sasa isn't reliable as their stock vary, and once they're out of stock, well, they're out of stock. You could try Facial Shop, i'm not sure they have a ton though, they are more specialized in the big brands.

By the way, i have merged two thread together in order to simplify and concentrate the answers.

I would liek to remind you a search can be helpful before starting a new thread, it's located on top of any forum page :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by emily_3383 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah the shades are really limited. I can barely use them and im NC30. Ive read that women who are like NC40 mix it with their foundation and they say it works well.
I don't use MAC foundation so no clue to what my color would be there but I do mix my BB cream with my foundation and love it. Hate BB cream on it's own but love it when mixed with foundation.

for everyone who wants to buy it, but cant find it:

www.secretive.sg

they have more brands and sometimes they have very good specials.

I love bb cream as an undereye concealer.

there is also a bb cream with a pearly finish, this one works really well on cheakbones.

the only thing that might be a big turn off for some is the consistency... it is thick as hell.

use a little and blend it like crazy lol

But if you know the tricks for applying and all, its great stuff.

at least, for me it is.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thank you for the information! I have been wanting to try and review BB creams! I don't use foundation except for special events. I'm a tinted moisturizer and concealer type of girl so when I heard about BB Cream I wanted to find it!

Let us know which ones you try! I'm anxious to try more brands. I am totally addicted to my Dr. Jarts BB Cream. It's sooo nice to be able to have a primer, moisturizer, concealer and foundation all in one tube.

Originally Posted by StarLightPlurs /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thank you for the information! I have been wanting to try and review BB creams! I don't use foundation except for special events. I'm a tinted moisturizer and concealer type of girl so when I heard about BB Cream I wanted to find it!

No I don't but I would love to if they made more colors for the BB Cream ranging from lightest to the darkest like Revlon did with thier Colorstay Collection.

Back