• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

International Makeup Swap With Someone From Canada

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

Im looking for someone who would like to do a makeup swap with me! I dont want to swap inparticular items, I prefer to send products that cannot be purchased in your Country...the amount and price limit is negotiable..and we can do either drugstore or high end! I have swapped with girls in Australia, USA and Italy....I would really like to get my hands on anyone from the UK, but honestly it doesent matter I just love to swap! Please let me know if your interested! Thanks

-Bronwyn

Hi Bronwyn!  Welcome to Makeup talk.  Sounds like you've had great fun doing swaps!!  I'm curious about the topic of swaps.  It's kind of a scarry thought to me, like giving a stranger my home address or what if I send stuff and then they don't.  I'd love to hear your thoughts on the subject.

Hi!

Thanks for replying!

The way I met the girls I did swaps with was on a beauty channel on youtube, the lady made a video about a swap she had received and mentioned if any of her subscribers wanted to do a swap to put a comment below and talk to other subscribers. I did just that. I got a lot of messages back, I choose only the girls who took the time to write to me and strike up a conversation and talk to me about my life and who I am and things I like. 2 of the girls ended up having beauty channels, so I felt more secure with them, as I could see they were "real" people and they were exactly who they said they were. The third girl didnt have a channel so I asked if we could add each other over facebook, so we could view each others profiles and do a little investiagting on the other person.

You do have to go out on a bit of a wimb, and put your trust into someone else, you also have to be smart with the people you agree to do swaps with. Dont just give out your address to the first person to agree to do a swap...invest your time into getting to know them and finding them on social networking sites to legitimize their identity..etc.

I also have a p.o. box so Im not nervous about giving someone my address, as they would not be able to find out where I live, and also my husband is a police officer so he has taught me a lot about internet safety and giving out information to certain people.

Also if your doing a swap with someone who has done some before...ask to talk to the people they have done previous swaps with..They shouldnt have any problem with it, because they are probably just as skeptical as you are about sending a package to a stranger.

I think swaps are a great way to introduce other people to new products and to make friends all over the world! I now have hookups in three different countries, and we have all kept in close contact and have even planned future swaps!

Also who doesent love getting parcels in the mail!!

Hope this helps:)!

-Bronwyn

Hi, I am based in the UK, and I would be interested in swapping with you. I am particularly interested in Face Atelier, which is much cheaper in Canada, and Paula Dorf, which is hard to get hold of in the UK.

Hey Bronwyn!

I´m from germany and during my research for more information about international cosmetic swaps I recently found this site and your thread. I was wondering, if you are interested in a new swap, maybe you want to try some german products?! If not, that´s ok, I just thought I take the chance and ask
wink.gif

Also I have a question and thought you maybe can answer it - I´m sorry if this is the wrong place for it: I found some videos on Youtube, where people show what they got in their swap-package. All the things were brand new and bought because of a wishlist that the sender got. But I also found requests for swaps with used items, that one does not use anymore and wants to exchage. So, how do I know what kind of swap it is if it only says "international swap"?

hi, im from the UK and would be interested in a swap. i did one at christmas with a girl from America who i spoke to for about a month first and then thought i could trust her. so i sent away my £30 package and have never heard from her again or seen my package :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> but i really would like to do one.

I'd also be really interested in doing a makeup/nail polish swap.  I'm also interested in brands from other countries, and I go in between NY and Japan often (family) though mostly in Japan recently, so I have great access to Japanese products :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  If anyone is interested, (or the idea of a swap-box, I've participated in those before, lots of fun!) let me know :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I also am from Canada and have some things to swap. Some are new and never opened, some have only been swatched, and some have been lightly used. No point in having hundreds of $$ worth of products just sitting here. I am particularly interested in some of the Sleek eye shadow palettes, which I have seen reviewed online.

Hey, I am also in Canada. I have a few products that are brand new and are still in their original package (my parents are seperated so I get the same gifts twice sometimes)

hey maria my name is sabina and i'm from the UK i would love to do a swap if ur interested?

As I said, I'm willing to swap but cannot to so unless I receive a PM with info regarding what you have to swap. I can then tell you what I have to swap that you might be interested in. And yes, I will send photos of the items you're interested in so you can see the condition of them for yourself. My collection of stuff keeps growing because I keep receiving and buying new products, so I'd like to start getting rid of them. It's driving my husband and I both nuts to just have all this room taken up by products that aren't being used. PM and we can discuss what we both have. The only people who I wouldn't be willing to swap with are people who have only been on MUT for a very short time and have very few posts.

I've done swaps also...oops correction a blog sale. It's been mainly nail polish, jewelry, some cosmetics & clothing. I guess cause I do alot of online shopping I'm not bothered by it. I think the only thing I do is make sure the transaction is made through a reliable pymt provider like Paypal. I use my debit card so if anything does go wrong...which I haven't experienced I have a recourse to get my $$$ back. I do ask if they sell on Ebay or have swapped or traded w/ others & they are usually forth coming so I'm "PRO" swapping, blog sale & buying period! As long as you are able to communicate with the person & have a good feeling I say go for it!

Hello, i would love to do a swap with you! im from australia and im looking for some cute japanese gifts and makeup. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> xo Please get back to  me xox

Hey! I am extremely intrested & i am from NYC.:) Thanks and let me know if you will want to do this with mee.

Hi everyone! Thanks so much for starting this thread! I've always wanted to do an international swap, but never knew how to go about it. I would love to do one if anyone is interested. I live in Oregon, USA! Hope to hear from you!

Best,

Meara~

Latest posts

Back