Which drugstore make-up removers do you recommend?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like Neutrogena wipes and the eye makeup remover...Avon has a makeup remover that my sister swears by, but I have never tried it.

I keep going back and forth between my ELF wipes and my Neutrogena Calmin makeup wipes.  ELF is used during the day and Neutrogena at night. 

I love the Equate makeup remover wipes - They're just like the Kirkland brand makeup remover wipes - they even smell the same and they are just as effective.

I don't currently use drugstore makeup removers but when I did it was either Pond's Cold Cream or Target's Up and Up version.

Nip + Fab Clean Fix Cleansing Oil. Boots Botanics Dual Phase Eye Make Up Remover. Boots No. 7 4-in-1 Wipes. Soap & Glory wipes. Both pharmaceutical, but still drugstore: Bioderma Sensibio/Crealine H20 Micelle Solution, La Roche Posay Toleraine Dermo-Cleanse for Eyes, Lips & Face.

I haven't used store bought makeup remover for a couple of years now. I just use 2/3 water and 1/3 olive oil or argan oil in an old container, shake it up and put it on a cotton ball and wipe my makeup right off. My skin looks so much healthier and a lot less oily too. And of course I save more money in the end.

I mix mineral oil and witch hazel together and it gets the job done real well. Mineral oil has a very low comedogenic rating (even lower than olive oil) and is very inexpensive. Witch Hazel (distilled, not the essential oil) is also inexpensive and works as an antioxidant and of course, astringent.

I have been using the Neutrogena "Oil-Free" for a few years now and I'll never use anything else. It's not really oil-free at all, but I have dry skin so it's fine. Works really well.

Ok, this is random but I use pure coconut oil to remove my makeup.  Works like a charm as a night time moisturizer and removes waterproof mascara like nobody's business.  It has another use too.  WARNING MATURE CONTENT READER DISCRETION IS ADVISED...

It can also be used as a lubricant in place of KY or whatever brand you use during intimate moments.  I read an article about how it replicates a woman's natural lubrication.  But I guess that's a whole other discussion!

I LOVE the CVS brand makeup wipes. Love! Love the texture and no harsh smell. They work great at getting off hard to-remove makeup like gel liners

I use either olive oil or sweet almond oil and water mixture. It doesn't irritate my skin like the removers do. It leaves my skin soft and surprisingly not too oily.

I recommend Nivea Daily Essentials because

1. It's not oily at all like all the others are - though some claim they aren't but still feel pretty oily

2. No need to wash your face after removing to get rid of residue

3. It's inexpensive

4. Does not make my skin go weird

5. It gets rid of my waterproof makeup too

One of the most recommend remover is Neutrogena Eye Makeup Remover (Oil Free) but I personally don't like it. I've heard from many people who said (including me) it makes our skin really dry, itchy and flaky, it's really gross and oily even though it claims it isn't. It's still ranked the highest in drugstore removers.

i've been using CyberColor, i'm not sure if that's a drugstore brand but it was pretty cheap when i got it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

it's not too bad!

Back