FOTD April 21, 2011

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
[SIZE=11pt]Good Morning Everyone,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]For today, I decided to go Face Blah – In other words, the office look.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Eyes:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]MUFE Aqua Cream Warm Beige[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]BeautiControl Eye Color Trio in After Midnight[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Brow:  [/SIZE]White Color

[SIZE=11pt]All over Lid: Center Blue Color[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Outter Lid & Crease: Darkest Blue[/SIZE]

Maybelline Ultra Water Proof Eye Liner - Black

Mascara:

Clinique High Impact Mascara – Black

Cheeks:

Mary Kay Mineral Cheek Color – Sunny Spice

Lips:

MK Lip Liner – Neutral

MK Lipstick – Shell

MK Lipgloss – Sweet Raisin

Face:

Physicians Formula RX Concealer in Green

Bare Minerals - Primer

Bare Minerals - Golden Medium

Bare Minerals - Warmth

Bare Minerals - Mineral Veil

Pretty!!  Looks very much like my work makeup as well...lol...love that lip colour.

Good morning Dream!  You are looking very pretty today.  I can't help it, I am so jealous of your beautiful full lips!!!  Your whole face lights up when you smile ;0)

icon_redface.gif
 Awe!! Thanks ladies! 

It would seem I am addicted to purple!  I looked in my makeup bag and I have A LOT of purple eyeshadow.  I think I have every possible shade.  I wonder if there's a self help program for people with purple eyeshadow addictions? hehehehe

Eyes:

WNW Cream Eyeshadow - Pixie (as base)

Urban Decay Shadow - Shakedown (matte brown - in crease for added depth and dimension)

Avon Eyeshadow Quad - Purple Haze

ELF Cream Eyeliner - Plum Purple

Maybelline Lash Stiletto Mascara - Very Black

Cheeks:

Urban Decay Powder Blush - Quickie

ELF Studio Blush - Bronzed

ELF Studio Blush - Gotta Glow

Lips:

Jordana Lip Liner - Baby Berry

Rimmel Lipstick - Vintage Pink

Very Pretty Jean.

How do you like the AVON Color Quads?

I was very disappointed with mine.  I bought the green quad and felt that the colors didnt transfer well and that it was barely pigmented.  A solid waste of money. 

@dream- i love neutral look on you, and very pretty lip color might i add.

@jean- i love your look today with the purples! i love the cheek color, and your eye makeup is perfect! i think i need that Purple Haze quad lol

here's my simple look today. i just did minimal makeup for some errands, but i'll be redoing it later when i go to church.

didn't have time to throw on foundation yet.

Cheeks: Maybelline FIT Me Bronze Deep Bronze

Eyes: Clinique High Impact Mascara Black

Lips: MAC Candy Yum Yum Lipstick

I found the green quad a little sheer, which if your going for more of a natural look is perfect.  But you know me, I like things a little bolder.  I used WNW Cream shadow in Pixie as a base and it really helped the colors pop.  I also used a WNW brown, from the  comfort zone palette, in my crease and applied the darkest green over it and it really amped up the color.  Doesn't have to be a waste of money, just play with it with some other stuff, you can make it work!  I did find the purple quad to be more pigmented.  I did go ahead and use a cream shadow as a base and a transition color in my crease to deepen the colors, but they really didn't need alot of help.

Originally Posted by DreamWarrior /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Very Pretty Jean.

How do you like the AVON Color Quads?

I was very disappointed with mine.  I bought the green quad and felt that the colors didnt transfer well and that it was barely pigmented.  A solid waste of money. 

no lol the lipstick is "candy yum yum" from Quite Cute collection. it's pretty bold. this is only the second time i've worn it

Originally Posted by jeanarick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

@Tis, yum yum, have you been drinking strawberry kool-aid?

@ Tis. Im sorry - I try to be positive - but I dont like that color.  It's very bright, reminds me of some 80's Yo MTV breakdancing video! LOL!

You are still very very pretty though!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
 LOL!

lol don't be sorry. everyone's entitled to their own opinion, and i like it that's why i bought it. 

& aww thank you!!

@ Tis. Im sorry - I try to be positive - but I dont like that color.  It's very bright, reminds me of some 80's Yo MTV breakdancing video! LOL!

You are still very very pretty though!
icon_cheesygrin.gif
 LOL!

yeah it is. it's sold out everywhere. i actually promised someone that i would try to pick it up for them at the MAC counter yesterday, but the counter had shut down. it's crazy how much people are selling this lipstick for on ebay.

LoL! oh no! i was born in 88, so i don't remember much of that era haha

Apparently its very popular!  LOL!! Im going to have to relive my 80's! Gah!!! LOL!

Ps. Let me know when the crunched up neon socks come back.
laughing.gif

@DreamWarrior : I really like those colors on your eyes.

@jeanarick :Theses days, who isn't in love with purple. Looks great :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

@tismama :....I'm going to have to hate you today for owning Candy Yum Yum. I didn't get to it quick enough. Now it's sold out every where and going for over $50 on ebay. I'm super jealous of you right now :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Now....Ummm....Some one needs to talk some sence into me, and teach me when to stop, because i went wayyyy over the top today.

>.< I tottally wore this to school today. And if i owned Candy Yum Yum, would have worn that with it. Buttt nooooo, it's sold out >:L

If you feel like you NEED to see more...or scold me more publicly, you can do it on the blog post

http://kattatonic.blogspot.com/2011/04/look-at-me-greenpinkblue.html

Product List:

Look 71 (4-21-11) LOOK AT ME!

• ·         NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk-All over eye area
  • ·         Sugarpill’s Royal Sugar-Middle of one eye, off center on the other
  • ·         Sugarpill’s Dollypop-Outside Royal Sugar
  • ·         Sugarpill’s Midori-Inside of Royal Sugar
  • ·         Beauty From the Earth’s Lavish-Over Midori
  • ·         Beauty From the Earth’s Blueberry-Over Royal Sugar
  • ·         Beauty From the Earth’s Passion-Over Dollypop
  • ·         Beauty From the Earth’s Paradise- Over Blueberry
  • ·         Sonia Kashuk K20 Purple Passion Eye Definer-Along lower and upper lash lines. Dot on outer corner
  • ·         Rimmel London Exaggerate Water Proof Eye Definer in Purple Shock-Eyebrows
  • ·         Manic Panic Glitter Jewels-Under eyes
  • ·         Maybelline “The Falsies†Volume Express mascara

Dream- Your eyes look so soft!

Jean, those are your colours

Tis- That colour looks adorable on your lips

And Kat, just wow.

My lighting turned me yellow again, but here we go :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Also, the picture does not do the pretty colours of the palette justice.

I had to try out my stippling brush for the first time today, so I did a full on face for fun. I had some new cheap makeup to try out too, so

Better look at the eyes

Claire's 'Goldrush' palette

Face: Lise Watier Teint Mattifant

Mascara: Covergirl Lashblast

Lips: MAC Red

@Relocation- thank you! 
rolleyes.gif
 i love your look today! it's so classic! i love that red lip. you can pull it off like no other! that's the most perfect shade of red.

@katt- aww! i'm sorry you didn't get your hands on it. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> it wasn't even on my list to buy at all, but i kind of fell into the hype. lol it will probably be repromoted at some point because it has been so popular. & that's a ridiculous price on ebay. i dont think any lipstick if worth that much!

anyway, i love your look today! SOOO colorful & creative- perfect for Spring!

here's my 2nd look for the day. i changed my makeup up a bit before i went out to church for Holy Thursday mass.  I actually went somewhere important without foundation on- shocking! I have been wearing some sort of foundation or tinted moisturizer lately, but I just didn't feel like putting it on today. I'm the type of girl who NEVER wore makeup for the longest time,and lately, I've been refusing to leave the house with a bare face (not good). I'm trying to give my skin a break from foundation...even if it lasts a day lol

Cheeks: Maybelline Fit ME! Bronzer- Deep Bronze then I applied Benefit Posietint over top.

Eyes: Clinique High Impact Mascara Black (sample tube)

Lips: Revlon Soft Nude Lipstick

I really do hope it gets re-released, because you should know by now, i love my color! lol

Originally Posted by tismama /img/forum/go_quote.gif

@katt- aww! i'm sorry you didn't get your hands on it. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> it wasn't even on my list to buy at all, but i kind of fell into the hype. lol it will probably be repromoted at some point because it has been so popular. & that's a ridiculous price on ebay. i dont think any lipstick if worth that much!

anyway, i love your look today! SOOO colorful & creative- perfect for Spring!

Latest posts

Back