• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Origins (Earth Day) FREE Full Sized Cleanser

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got my 2 forms printed (my daughters gonna get in on this one) and I'm heading over to my Origins this afternoon 
biggrin.gif

I just got mine ^^

I was told last year that they ran out of supplies so go in before the end of the day!

I got a coupon for a free mini-facial too! (although...I think I read that they do this all the time, but they might do something more for turning in the earth day coupon with it?)

ah, you guys got one of each!

I was told checks and balances is for combination skin and that a perfect world is for dryer skin that needs moisturizing (figure that everybody can use a little moisturization so I got a perfect world)

The Perfect World is mine.  Have you smelled yours???? That's the first thing I did and I love love love the smell of orange citrus. Its also supposed to be a great anti-aging cleanser and that's perfect for me!  Checks and balances is more up my daughters alley since she's a teenager and deals with more combination skin that causes her to break out.  She loves her more spearminty smell so this deal works out great for both of us 
biggrin.gif

ooh I just did now that you said something.  Much prefer orange citrusy over spearmint (spearmint smells/tastes like Pepto Bismol to me so I don't like it) and it's a nice refreshing scent too.  One of my co-workers said she LOVES checks and balances and has used it forever, but she picked up A Perfect World to try it out. 

She said she likes a lot of their other lines too, and I might go back for that mini-facial to try out their products.  She said she mostly just liked the smell of the ginger line though.

I just found out that they're doing the free face wash offer online, but with a $30 purchase (free shipping with $30 purchase too)

I wish I knew more about this line, from what my co-worker said they've got a pretty good skincare line and I don't know what I should buy or if I should go splurge on this for a 2nd face wash or not!  maybe one of their $45ish gift baskets to try it out, but then I know I'm not getting my money's worth because I'm paying more for the convenience of the package + travel sizes. gah.  I just spent $30 on physician's formula, but this is pampering stuff lol

Next time I go back to the mall I'll stop and really take a long hard look at their line.  If this stuff works as good as it smells then I'll give it a shot.  They were doing facials when I walked up and it looked VERY pampering.  I'm always up for a good skincare regimen and quite possibly this one may make it in. 

My suggestion is, try the A Perfect World out and see if you like it.  If you do, and want to get another face wash, order something online while the offer is still good.  

I think the offer is only good for today! (since the in store thing is only good today)  I KNOW the free full cleanser wasn't up yesterday when I posted this thread.  Bad thing is I've been on this huge skincare kick for the last two months, so anything mask, scrub, moisturizer, serum, peel, it ALL SOUNDS GOOD >.< I want one of everything whether it works or not >.< (well, I mean preferably it will work, but I want it to try it out to SEE if it will work...thus I need everything first *cough* I'm sure you can understand my position on this.)

Boo! I wish I knew about this sooner (that's what I get for not checking MUT for a day haha), it would have been awesome to try an Origins product for free >_<

just to confirm, I used it in the shower and like it.  It had a very gentle bubbling in the shower (I've had a cream cleanser in the past that did 0 foaming at the sink but a LOT of foaming in the shower...which is why I am specifying that it was in the shower), and a nice fresh scent.

It felt very gentle and felt clean/soft in the shower, and rinsed off easily (of course pretty much everything rinses off easily in the shower?)

I think I'm going to take advantage of the online offer and buy a few things so I can get another bottle for free.

Annette, when I was looking it up, they did the deal last year too, and all of the posts I saw from last year seemed like it was a new thing (not an annual thing) so my guess is now that they'll do it again next year so keep it in mind next earth day!  I think they announced it on their facebook, too.  Works out well for their image and gains them new customers like me haha, kudos to them for taking a bottle that I would have just thrown away.

I got mine!! I left work and told them I needed to pay a bill haha. I've been wanting to try the checks and balances, I even made a post on here about it!  I'm so excited, I really think it'll be a good product for me. 

Originally Posted by Annelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Annette, when I was looking it up, they did the deal last year too, and all of the posts I saw from last year seemed like it was a new thing (not an annual thing) so my guess is now that they'll do it again next year so keep it in mind next earth day!  I think they announced it on their facebook, too.  Works out well for their image and gains them new customers like me haha, kudos to them for taking a bottle that I would have just thrown away.
Definitely! I think it was a great thing to do, and I'll definitely take advantage of something like this next year if they do it :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just ordered online the Be Bright gift set.  The main thing that interested me was the brightening lotion which is $42, and the full size is included in this gift set for $46.50 so it was obvious that $4.50 was worth the extra products (I think everything else was like...half size bottles, but still definitely worth more than $4.50).  Unfortunately, they were out of the A Perfect World freebie (when the code wouldn't work anymore, I tried calling in, and the girl said that the offer ended at midnight EST and not only that, but they're sold out so I wouldn't be able to get it anyway), but it still let me do the Checks and Balances code to submit my order.  it says that the checks is good for all skin types since there's an ingredient for dry skin and an ingredient for oily skin, so anybody on an extreme or in between are covered.  I figure it can't be bad to try out one of each bottle, even if I wanted a backup of my new APW bottle.

well, new stuff in the mail, squeee!  always fun.

The charcoal mask sounds interesting and there's a couple of other products in the gift set too that sound cool :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

so...kind of sad. I'm going out of town this weekend, and my package is scheduled to arrive when i'm ON THE PLANE flying away from it >.<

On top of that...it's RIGHT NOW flying over where I'll be at...so if I would have known to have it shipped there it would have been waiting there for me when I got there.

On top of THAT...I guess the package I got (was trying to tell my sister about it) was limited edition...SO limited in fact that it's already off the site.  (I had figured if I liked the products, then I'd just keep buying that gift basket, why not? it's a good deal to pay a few bucks more for the lotion and get a mask, eye cream, and face wash)...

but no more deal anymore. ($42.50 really is more than twice what I'm comfortable paying for a daily moisturizer, blah!  if I fall in love with it, I don't know what I'm gonna do!  with tax and everything it'll be almost $50! omg)

*sniff*

edit: err...from my last post, it sounds like my moisturizer went up in price by 50 cents since last week, too.

Back