Win 2 tickets to the NYC MakeupShow for May 15 and 16! (closed)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Holy Makeup, Batman!
MakeupTalk is giving away a pair of tickets to the New York City MakeupShow slated for May 15th and 16th, 2011.
One lucky winner will receive the prize of a 2 day pass to this ridiculous HOT Makeup event! All you have to do to enter is leave a reply here to this thread explaining:
  • Why you think you should win(honesty counts)
  • Why you would want to go there(be honest)
  • What brands they are most interested in seeing
  Random.org will randomly select ONE person and then we will send them a private message on Tuesday May 10th letting them know they won. Good luck!

Celebrating five consecutive years of bringing the professional beauty industry together The Makeup Show NYC will continue to grow and deliver the largest PRO-ONLY driven beauty event in NYC! Join us at The Makeup Show as the top industry artists and pro-driven companies present the newest products, seminars, forums and hands-on workshops. Fill your two days with inspiration, education and community. Learn about the newest lines and product launches. Explore makeup workshops and discover school programs. Network with your peers. Develop new relationships with the companies that make the industry tick.

The Makeup Show NYC 2011 is excited to announce presenters Pati Dubroff, Billy B, Same Fine, Jeanine Lobell, Dany Sanz, Rosemarie Swift, Maurice Stein, Crystal Wright, Michael DeVellis, James Vincent, Kevin James Bennett to name just a few. Sponsors and Exhibitors - Make Up For Ever, Temptu Pro, Inglot, Stila, Crown Brush, Alcone, Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics, NARS Cosmetics, Make-Up Designory, Kevyn Aucoin, Embryolisse, Yves Saint Laurent, Senna Cosmetics, Glamcor, Dermalogica, Empire Beauty Schools, Youngblood Mineral and many more!

The professional makeup industry will come together to celebrate the craft of the professional makeup artist for the sixth time - at the global epicenter of beauty and fashion - New York City.

Why I Should Win these tickets to see the makeup show is because in the fall I'm starting school to become an Esthetician, and it would be fantastic to take this experience with me! I have so much to learn about make up, since I recently started to enjoy and practice with it with my first Sephora makeup palette a little under a month ago. I used to just buy cheaper, more affordable products because that's all I could buy at the time. I've only had the opportunity to use professional makeup (thanks to my friend for applying it on me) a couple of times and I love it! The education of all the newest products and learn tips to applying it would be excellent as well as complexion and best colors for an individual!    I would love to go because I have never been to New York! I've been to many places, but there! It would be a great experience to see New York for the first time as well as have a productive educated visit.   I'm excited to see if there are more all-natural type products on the market for the future! Can't wait to see professionals share what they believe in and put all their heart into!    

I feel we all should win  : )

BUT...I would love to win because I love to learn about makeup - how to apply it, new brands and products, and watch pro artists in action!

I want to go because I will get a chance to have some hands-on time with the products and meet the people behind the brands. It is hard to shop online for makeup  because you can't always tell the correct shade and of course you can't tell what the finish is like until you can touch and feel the products. I also like to talk to the representatives of the brands and ask questions and get their help in using their products in the best way.

I am most interested in Dinair because I want to purchase an airbrush system.

Thank you for the giveaway!  : )

Coming from one of the most ecenomically-depressed states in the country, I'd like the opportunity to acquire the pro-knoweldge that larger, more "fashion-forward" artists receive in states like NY or CA.

As an artist, I'm committed to continuously updating my knowledge base--networking with artists, reading on forums (thumbs up for makeup talk!), loosing myself in books, and most of all: practicing on every face I can.

I own my own on-location an in-studio makeup artistry business (Woolcott Makeup Artistry). The best part of my job is getting to know amazing women--from blushing brides to runway models, the "oh my gosh" moment when they look in the mirror warms my heart. I love to see happy women, and feel that in this day in age we need to stick together more than ever!

As far as brands--I'm interested in any brand who is backed by a team of passionate creatives. A great brand is more than just a product in a bottle--it's an artist's medium, and I'd love to hear the "inner workings" of brand-specific application.

Thanks for this amazing contest; and best of luck to all who enter!

What a fabulous contest!  I would absolutely love the opportunity to win the tickets to the NYC MakeupShow to help me with my love for writing about the industry. I have always had a love for both writing and makeup and I think these two worlds are actually coming together for me. To go to this event would bring me closer to the fields that I adore--glamour and fashion--and be able to get the real tips, tricks and insider information about industries. I would be able to learn about the products, the techniques, the ingredients, and how makeup impacts so many lives. Then to be able to bring that back home and implement this information into fabulous stories for both MakeupTalk and my own blog would be a dream come true!

I, myself, am not a makeup artist. Although I worked in the field for a several years, I never got to get  "inside" this fine art like many of the professionals have. I've done most of my learning through research, by writing, and by "trial and error". This would be a chance to learn the best from the best. In addition, my daughter is 16 and on the art honor society at her school. She is considering makeup artistry as her career because of my interest in it. It would be fabulous if I was to win and bring her with me, so we both could see the industry from an angle that goes far beyond the pages of a monthly fashion magazine!!

New York City is such a cutting edge place in regards to make up and what better place for a mom and daughter to spend quality time together learning about the in's and out's of the business!! It truly would be a dream come true for me as well as her and I hope we have the opportunity from you to make this a great adventure.

Thanks again for this awesome opportunity, and good luck to all who enter!

Cosmetics has such a great impact on women .It's the one of the few tangible items where our sharing and learning from each other promotes inner and outer beauty. I would love to take notes and share with this forum what I have learned and experienced from this event. I think that this will benefit more than just my self and I know I would be excellent at it.

I would love to attend this make up show simply because I love trying new brands of cosmetics, I love learning new things and looking at cosmetics through other creative eyes. Make up is an expression of art. Make up is my passion but I am still learning and would love love love to continue to do this with this opportunity. I live in NYC and this is a chance of a life time. Really who wouldn't want a chance to attend.

"Black Up" is a Paris based company that has returned to the U.S. It is the only company that I know that caters to the darkest of skin tones. Of course I would be excited to see all other staples as well as new cosmetics companies, however this is a brand that I know little about.

• I think I should win because makeup in my PASSION. I've recently become obsessed with the beauty world. I have a good knowledge of many brands, but I am always ready to learn and experience more. I am interested in becoming a beauty blogger and this would be a great way to start :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
  • I want to go to this event, so I can learn attend a few workshops and increase my beauty collection.
  • I am most interested in seeing Inglot and Crown Brushes. I've been to a Inglot store once and was intrigued. I'd like to learn more about the brand and try their products. Same for Crown brush. I've been wanting to get my hands on their entire brush line!!

So NOW you tell me!
smileno.gif

I want to win this because makeup is my passion. I breathe and live this and i am looking forward to taking classes to become a makeup artist. this is something i have always wanted to do. I want to be at this show because this is the best show there is surrounded by all the best companies and brands. This is the place to learn from the best and attend the best workshops. I am excited to learn and see all the brands and what they have. I am eager to to go.

I think I should win because I LOVE makeup.  I am a makeup artist, and soon to be licensed esthetician (I completed the course, and am prepping for my exam), who loves makeup and everything about it.  I was recently laid off due to department reorganization at my boring desk job and am taking that as my push to jump feet first into the makeup/skin care world with no hesitation.  I love the ever changing world of beauty and makeup, and think I deserve an opportunity to persue my career.

I want to go, because I attended the NYC IMATS show, and thoroughly enjoyed myself, and would love the opportunity to attend The Makeup Show, because I hear it is more streamlined for the makeup artist, as opposed to being open to everyone.  Don't get me wrong, IMATS was GREAT, but I think this show represents what IMATS did on a more professional level and I would love to be there!

I am interested in seeing the "famous" names, MAC, Makeup Forever, Dermologica, NARS, YSL, and my favorite Smashbox, but I'm also interested in learning about newer cosmetics lines that I may not be familiar with yet.  It happened at IMATS, where I learned about Yaby cosmetics.  Their foundation is amazing.

THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE OPPORTUNITY!!!

As an aspiring artist, I have grown to love everything that has to do with beauty not only in ones self but everywhere you see it. I believe I should win because Make-up, artistry and creativity have always been a part of my life. I love how make-up has broken the boundaries for what is ordinary. Artist have not only dwelled in the usual but have gone extremes with visual and surreal art and have combined them together. I too consider myself one of those artist that love experimenting. Make-up in not used to cover up. Makeup can go beyond just lipgloss and mascara. Makeup is an expression of yourself, a true art.   

The reason why I would want to go to NY is because I have always wanted to go and be challenged and awe struck by the versitility and passion every artist brings to the table. I have always had a deep respect for the artistry NY has shown the world. It is cutting edge as they are always thinking outside the box. An inspiration to anyone no matter the field of interest.

I would be so excited to see all the types of brands  of cosmetics and their artists, to learn from them. Whether it be tricks for types of makeup looks, ways to know your own shade and colors or what inspires them to continue to make this a beautiful place for all women.

I think I should win because being able to attend the Makeup Show would give me an enormous financial helping-hand now that I'm, literally, restarting the rest of my life; not to mention being able to have a much-needed, long overdue, awesomely fun day. What a joy it would be to see Eve Pearl & Koren Zander doing demos in person.

I had been a caregiver for the better part of the last 18 years, &, as such, have rarely needed to apply makeup. I've done the best I could for all those years & have given up a large part of my life & identity, &, now, it's my time to feel like a woman again. I'm currently job-hunting & need a whole lot of new makeup to present my best face. Naturally, with both the job market & the economy in dire straights & money being tight, attending the NYC Makeup Show would be a fabulous opportunity to pick up many items from my very long wishlist (which I've been compiling over the past couple of years) at great pricing. I've researched the products I want on the web, & I have been able to sample the ones carried at Sephora. Most of the items on my wishlist are from vendors attending the show; the majority of which I want to purchase are from Make Up For Ever. Other items I want are from Mehron, OCC, Eve Pearl, Myrabelle, Alcone, Cinema Secrets, Kryolan & Graftobian. Attending the Show would, also, be a great opportunity to check out vendors whose products I've never seen first-hand, but am very interested in, like Inglot, Face Atelier, Dinair & Mario Badescu Skin Care.

I strongly feel i should receive this prize because i am a new aspiring makeup artist as well as my best friend. We would love to see real artist at work learn from them, pick up great habits and so on. I feel all i need is a little push to become where i want to be and i feel this will help me leap threw the door to an inspirational career. i'm not to sure what to expect at a makeup show. just for the best of brands, faces and artist. WHY AM I SO EXCITED?
yess.gif
LOL

I think I should win the tickets because I am currently enrolled in esthetics and I graduate May 14, 2011 and I am starting my career in this field.  I am a certified makeup artist and I would love the opportunity to expand my knowledge.  I am 46 years old and I have worked dead end jobs all my life until I decided to go back to school at age 46.  I have never even had close to a chance of getting to do something like this and I would be honored.  I adore makeup and I have ever sense I was a young girl, at age 13 I got my first eyeshadow and lip gloss and I was over the moon about it and couldn't wait to get more makeup.  I like making people feel pretty with makeup .  I watch alot of youtube videos to learn as much as I can on my craft, but this would be the most amazing experience ever.  Please consider me, I would be most grateful.  I love Nars, Makegettinup Forever, Urban Decay, Mac, and all makeup brands.  I would be happy to see any of the makeup lines though.  Thank you for your consideration.  Hope to hear I am the winner :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I would love to win this because I just recently got into make -up and know love to see it and want to learn as much about it as I can.Make up makes me feel beautiful again , see I am a mother of 2 darling children and well since having them I let go of dressing up and putting make-up on.Just recently I deiced after seeing many tutorials that I would love to start again since I seen so many beautiful faces of make-up and I wanted to learn ,so since then i have been practicing with some pallets that I brought and im loving it.I would also love to finally be able to have a day to my self since I am a mother of 2 I barely have any time at all to my self and have been dieing to go some where I would like and what better then to a make-up show .I would be able to get more into see a show of it for the first time ,learn about new make up, see how the professionals apply it and may open many more opportunity for me .Who knows maybe after seeing one I would be inspired to be a make up artist and one day find my self up in that stage having many people watching me .

There is no brand I specifically want to see because I interested in seeing all . :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I hope I lucky this time and random or picks me I always seem to have suck bad luck with random org lol

Hi,

THESE are 2 of my BIGGEST DREAMS!!

1st TO GO TO NY!! All of my life I have wanted to go to NY!!!

2nd IT IS MY BIRTHDAY on MAY 13th!! AND I WANT SOOOO BADLY TO ATTEND!! And I dont have the money right now to pay to go!! And my husband has had several ferlow days from his job so we have been having a really hard time lately with having really any extra $$$, and any that we have goes to my son and his needs!! And my son told me ,Mommy, you do SO MUCH for EVERYONE ELSE & NEVER DO FOR YOURSELF!! AND I WANT YOU TO WIN!! AND HE TOLD ME THAT I DESERVE IT!! That made me cry, and I thought that was SO SWEET in itself!! Especially since he is 13 yrs old and you know how teens usually are,lol!!! And I have basically spend the last 14 yrs doing everything I can for others in need!! Helping out anyone who needs it, and giving all of my extra $$ to help others in need, and I cant stand to see any child suffer, so I ALWAYS am giving any $$ I can to help kids in need!! AND basically ever year I spend ALL of my BDAY $$ of kids that are in need of summer cloths etc!! My BIGGEST DREAM is to be a makeup artist!! I have put all of my desires and wants aside to help EVERYONE else out, and its been several that I have helped out!! IM in NO WAY trying to make it sound like IM ALL THAT, and am in no way BOSTING!! I just LOVE PEOPLE AND LOVE TO SEE A CHILD THAT I HELP SMILE!! It is the best feeling!! I am a Christian and LOVE PEOPLE!! And I thank GOD for giving me a servants heart!! I JUST REALLY WISH I COULD WIN THIS!! I have had SO MANY things happen to me this year, I had to get a emergency HYSTERECTOMY on OCT 19,2010, then on my husbands bday NOV 22, 2010, I got PNEUMONIA really bad, and I now have this THYROID DISEASE called HOSHIMOTOS DISEASE, it is when my THYROID basically shuts down and starts to attack my immune system!! And have gained ALOT of weight from it, and have had some other health problems, and I think that this would really HELP ME get out of this rutt IM in!! I am really down over the weight gain from it, and just PRAY that I win this!! I know that there are others that also should win this also!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!! IT WOULD HELP ME SO SO MUCH IN CHANGING MY LIFE FOR THE GOOD!! I want to be a makeup artist SO BAD!! And I also want to use my DREAM to help others. Like go give really sick people out there FREE MAKEOVERS ETC!! Well GOD BLESS & THANK YOU!! LOVE, HUGS & KISSES, MELISSA K ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I should win this great opportunity because I have had the passion and desire of becoming a spectacular makeup artist ever since I graduated from high school and for the first time since my longing passion and desire, I have made the definite decision to do just that.  What better opportunity is there than to be in the company of some the greatest artists and to see them at work.  Attending the Makeup Show would become my story of the beginning of my journey.

I must attend this event to have the opportunity to talk make-up, make-up, make-up and to add more fuel to my fire of me becoming one of the best artists in this industry.  I want to attend to see it all in action and to talk/network to as many artists as possible.  I made the decision to pursue my dream just in the nick of time for this show.  I HAVE TO GO!!!!!

I am interested in in seeing everything and all the different brands.  I am a lover of makeup and have purchased many different brands.  Attending this event  will be a great opportunity to build my kit.

Thank you for such a GREAT opportunity that I would love to be a part of!!!!!!

I think I should win this contest because I'm a makeup enthusiast who is in the process of developing into a makeup artist, and this would be a fabulous opportunity for growth.  I want to go to the Makeup Show because I'm DYING to attend the educational workshops that are being offered there.  I really want to attend the workshops by Billy B, Sam Fine, Reggie Wells, and Dany Sanz, and I have no idea how I'd be able to see and learn from these great artists without the benefit of an event like this.

The exhibitors I'm most interested in seeing are NARS, Make Up For Ever, Eve Pearl, and Eye Kandy Cosmetics to name a few.

Thanks for offering this contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back