Triology Rose Hip Oil

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This seems to have better reviews than Bio Oil, which we have a few threads on...

just wondering if anyone has used it, and what they thought? I bought some today. I'll be interested to see if it does anything for stretchmarks :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'll let you know how I go!

trilogy.png

As far as I know, massaging anything rich/creamy/oily works equally "well" for preventing stretchmarks to some extent. I´ve heard dermatologists confirm that in interviews etc.

But, treating them once they´re there? I wouldn´t count on any over the counter product to give you anything more than a very mild improvement. Moisturized skin always looks and feels better, so maybe that´s where some of the improvement that people have supposably seen comes from?

Notice the label on this product? "helps minimize the appearance of....". They can´t make a medical claim like "improves stretchmarks" because there have been no reliable studies to prove such a claim.

If you know what a stretchmark is (a tear in the dermis), you´ll understand why these products can´t repair broken collagen & elastin fibers.

Retin-A (supports collagen production) has some potential, but I think the stretch marks have to be relatively new. I´ve also heard of TCA treatments being done, on superficial stretch marks I think. But nothing tops laser treaments, especially for the treatment of old stretch marks. But even lasers have their limitations!

thanks Andi. So... retinoid products can be used on stretchmarks with better results? I have retinoids I was prescribed for acne treatment. Would they be safe to use on stretchmarks as well?

Originally Posted by pinksugar /img/forum/go_quote.gif

thanks Andi. So... retinoid products can be used on stretchmarks with better results? I have retinoids I was prescribed for acne treatment. Would they be safe to use on stretchmarks as well?
I remember you mentioning that you had the Australian version of Retin-A, but it didn´t work for your skin. It is absolutely safe to use on stretchmarks, except for during pregnancy.

I recently listened to this podcast with Paula Begoun (the "Cosmetics Cop") and an aesthetic dermatologist who is currently pregnant herself. She confirmed that you can absolutely use retinoids on your stretchmarks after pregnancy, or any other time!

I´m not sure how much improvement you can expect, but I am pretty sure you have a much better chance of improvement with a retinoid than with any oil. You could always use the retinoid first, and after an hour or so (so the retinoid can be absorbed in the meantime) use the rosehip oil for added moisture. I don´t think one tube will be enough before you can make a judgement, retinoids can take several months to show an effect on mild wrinkles, so I´d expect it´s the same for stretchmarks (even though it´s not approved for the treatment of stretchmarks, so it´s just a guess). And since you´re using it on the body you´ll run out faster then if you were to use it on a small area like your face. Nevertheless, I´d definitely give it a try.

Back