Any similar formulas to EarthenGlow foundation? ro

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I guess this company is gone for good and perhaps that's best since they were dishonest. Personally I had good experience with them and they always responded to my emails. I loved the Cover Me foundation. I had it in the shade Veronica. I thought it was going to be a good replacement for my Aromaleigh Glissade in 1N, since that has too be discontinued.

Any recs for other brands with similar coverage (I don't require full coverage, but do enjoy the look, but I probably wouldn't mind something slightly less heavy) ???

In particular I really liked EG creamy feel, and the coverage and wear was great. I have tried Meow full coverage foundation (frisky sphynx is a pretty good match. I can also wear frisky siamese. I am a mac NW20). While I do like their undereye concealer and their foundation will do okay if that's the best I can manage to find, but I did notice it is kind of dry/chalky textured and not as smooth and creamy as EG. It also isn't totally matte and I can see tiny sparkles. 

Any recs? thanks.

I really don't know which products to suggest, but, I have noticed that one of our members, Kattatonic uses products from a brand called "Beauty for the Earth".  She may be able to give you some suggestions.

I really liked EG as well-although I never knew what happened with them closing
confused.gif
  It was my favorite for mineral (HG) foundation and definitely had the best coverage and longest lasting-my mineral equivalent of Revlon Colorstay.  I've tried a lot of other brands as well but none quite match up.  I would say Lauress is my 2nd favorite-decent staying power.  EDM is too light of coverage and definitely no staying power.  Meow worked better that EDM for me but again, not enough staying power for me.  I noticed Monave is having a sale and I heard Monave has really good coverage and was planning on trying it.

Just got an email that they used chemicals in their products and didn't disclose this to their customers so they could go as natural. Also they closed so abruptly cause the owner Dexter or David (uses female names) had legal problems and they shut down in a day! 

They'll be back soon though the email said selling the same lies.  In fact they use Rose Talc and B.O.  the liquid and mousse had the most chemicals along with the skin care.  She made over 800 of their cosmetics and said some are over 2 years old... so when you buy... you'll be getting aged stuff lol. The email came from the lead lab tech and she quit when they got into it about dishonesty under the ingredients label on the website.  They plan on sticking with their old makeup and old plan.  I wonder how that's going to work out for them

I haven't gotten that email.  That is sad to hear that they had to lie about ingredients.  I honestly would have still bought it because of how well it worked and definitely the best mineral formula I've used that lasts through humidity and because my skin isn't sensitive.  Company goes further being honest.  It only seems like they were open a few months from what I remember?  I just wish I could find a comparable formula now though!  They are either too light or wear out too quick and I loved both the glo and regular formulas.

Well I emailed the maker of the makeup when I got the email and she answered my questions.  She said

They use Parabens in their liquid, mousse, and cream to powder pallet foundations and in their lotions, shampoos, and conditioner.

She also told me that Cover Me and Youthful Glow have Bismuth O. Boron Oxychloride, Talc.

I'm mad cause I bought all foundations.

I really don't know which products to suggest, but, I have noticed that one of our members, Kattatonic uses products from a brand called "Beauty for the Earth".  She may be able to give you some suggestions.
I think thats BFTE cosmetics (beauty from the Earth)

Back