Tinted moisturizer for very oily skin - does it exist?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
For some reason I want to find a tinted moisturizer, as I don´t like the finish my DIY tinted moisturizer gives (SPF 50 Olay moisturizer+Estee Lauder Doublewear foundation). My skin is getting better and better, and I think I may be ready for lighter coverage on days where I don´t go anywhere special. Yay!

Now the question is, does such a thing even exist? Basically, I´m looking for a tinted moisturizer with decent coverage (for a TM that is!) in a very very lightweight base. It seems like most tinted moisturizers (even the oil-free ones) seem to be best for people with dry to normal skin, maybe combination.

My skin is technically combination as well, normal on the cheeks, but very oily on the T-zone. Putting Powder over any kind of regular TM would not suffice, my oils beat any powder lol.

Any recommendations from my fellow oily skinned girls?

I'm looking for one as well, and I have the same kind of combination skin - normal cheeks, super oily t-zone. I just bought Studio Gear's TM which has kaolin in it, obviously meant to absorb oil...Going to give it a test-drive for a week, see how it holds up against my nose and forehead. So far, the coverage is nice for a TM, evens my skin out, and it feels very light and fluid going on. And even with the kaolin, it manages to not look matte, but gives a nice natural finish. 

Originally Posted by mehrunissa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm looking for one as well, and I have the same kind of combination skin - normal cheeks, super oily t-zone. I just bought Studio Gear's TM which has kaolin in it, obviously meant to absorb oil...Going to give it a test-drive for a week, see how it holds up against my nose and forehead. So far, the coverage is nice for a TM, evens my skin out, and it feels very light and fluid going on. And even with the kaolin, it manages to not look matte, but gives a nice natural finish. 
I just looked it up on beautypedia.com, and it lacks UVA protection which is a bummer. Of course I could add a sunscreen (or a primer with SPF) underneath, but then again that would be too much moisture for my oily skin lol

Hadn't thought of that...and I'm usually such a stickler for sunscreen. Have you tried those mineral powder sunscreens by Colorscience or Peter Thomas Roth? Two products, when the point of a TM is to consolidate into one, but short of flawless skin, I'm running out of ideas for myself.  I've been thinking about adding a matte-finish mineral powder foundation to my sunscreen, but ugh, you know? Haha.

Originally Posted by mehrunissa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hadn't thought of that...and I'm usually such a stickler for sunscreen. Have you tried those mineral powder sunscreens by Colorscience or Peter Thomas Roth? Two products, when the point of a TM is to consolidate into one, but short of flawless skin, I'm running out of ideas for myself.  I've been thinking about adding a matte-finish mineral powder foundation to my sunscreen, but ugh, you know? Haha.

I haven´t tried any of the mineral powder sunscreens yet (don´t have access to them yet), but I´d only use them in addition to a regular sunscreen. With a powder, you would more than likely not apply it liberally enough to get the labelled SPF.

The tinted moisturizer by Sephora (SPF 20) gets a good review on beautypedia.com (supposably it has a natural matte finish), and it has sufficient UVA protection. I´ll be trying that one when I get a chance!

Make your own. I mix my favorite moisturizer with some of my foundation and put it in a squeeze-top bottle. You can control how much coverage you want and keeping using the moisturizer that works for you.

Originally Posted by tiarra /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Make your own. I mix my favorite moisturizer with some of my foundation and put it in a squeeze-top bottle. You can control how much coverage you want and keeping using the moisturizer that works for you.

That's what I do. I use Neutrogena's oil-free moisturizers -- pump a small amount of it in the palm of my hand, then I "sprinkle" a bit of my powder, pure mineral foundation and mix with my finger. I can add more mineral foundation for a heavier coverage, less for a lighter look. In the summer, if it is warm out and I tend to get a little oily, this works perfect for a night out. Even if the moisturizer doesn't have an SPF in it, you'll get some from the mineral powder foundation.

Back