Blondes help here please

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've had my brown hair highlighted twice now and I'm pretty blonde with a tiny bot of brown left. I'm planning on having another full head highlights done. Not yet ad it was last done a week ago. Maybe leave it another week or two? Anyway can anyone reccomend products that do work I spend a fortune on hair products from salons and they rave they are amazing bit they ain't always. So I wanted real peoples opinions and advice who have tried them. I basicly want something for bleached hair. My hair is in good condition. But want some products for my bleached hair. Like conditioning treatments etc. Just to keep my bleached hair strong and healthy Any help would be great. Thank you!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I too have bleached blonde hair and the process did weaken my hair. I've also tried a number of products that didn't deliver. Right now what's working for me is Argan Oil. It doesn't need to be an expensive one from the salon. I get mine from Walgreens. Also, I avoid styling products that contain alcohol as it dries my hair out more. I use Tres Semme Heat Recovery shampoo and conditioner which seem to help keep my hair healthy and don't strip it. Hope you find this helpful.

Thanks ive been to a hairdresser and she's said it's strong so I'm booked in next week for another color and a conditioning treatment. In thinking of getting some tigi hair stuff to try as there stuff do work well. They have some new stuff in for damaged hair too if your interested. In 3 different damaged levels :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

hi. I have been white blonde for several years now and my hair is still pretty healthy and in fact, continues to grow. Most bleached hair suffers from a lot of breakage but I am growing mine long. It is already armpit length. I now have someone help me bleach my hair (my roots) every 3 weeks at home. The salon started and did the initial bleaching and for about 2 yrs. I have done it on my own ever since because I can do as good a job and was always bringing my own products in and telling her what not to do. Now I just have them trim my hair. They can't believe how healthy my bleached hair is. But it is actually because I don't do all the stuff they say and I avoid their products. 

First of all, I have always used sulfate free and silicone free products.  This last year I have been only conditioner washing (vo5 conditioners). Except when rinsing the bleach out. I use a sulfate free shampoo (trader joes). Every 2 wks and before each root bleaching I do a protein treatment(sally gvp kpak) followed by a deep conditioning balm mask(sallys gvp matrix balm). I use a heat cap and then usually sleep in it.  I also do oil masks. I always apply organic virgin coconut oil an hour or two before my root touch-up. Coconut oil and avocado oils are the only oils that can actually absorb into the hair. I don't heat style too much but when I do, I use a leave in spray that has an evaporating silicone, clyclomethicone (sallys miracle 7). All other silicones, will protect from heat, but will coat the hair and prevent all the conditioning from being able to absorb and then to remove the silicone a clarifying shampoo must be used and that just leads to drying the hair out. So it is just a vicious cycle that should be avoided. For me, if my hair is strong and hydrated heat doesn't affect it. If I need to tone, I use shimmerlights purple conditioner. I also wash it in a ph restoring foaming solution which neutralizes residual bleach and closes the cuticle. hope this helps you with some ideas. 

I am not sure if you have an ULTA store near where you live, but often they have $3.50 off coupons, and buy two and get one free hair care products such as Redken, Joico, Paul Mitchell, etc.

You may also find some good products reasonably priced that along the professional line (which helps stop breakage with bleached hair) at Sally Beauty Supply.

You might try John Freida line @ Wal-mart if you are wanting to try drugstore products.
icon_razz.gif

I, too have bleached blonde hair and I use Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Tri Wheat Leave in Conditioner Hair and Scalp Treatments. I love it. It keeps my hair detangled and super soft and shiny.  My hair is super healthy, too. Smells great and isn't greasy.  The whole line is GREAT and I strongly recommend it.  It also has a deep conditioner that is used in the shower and you leave it in for about 5 mins and then rinse out. It really helps keep your hair nourished.

Latest posts

Back