Mother's Day

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy Mother's Day Bonnie! I got my Mom something simple a cinamon roll from her favorite bakery and her fav cappacino all brought to her and served in bed. My oldest son took me, my hubby and youngest son to lunch. Then a walk around the mall and my very first trip to a Sephora store. Don't laugh at me, but I swear I almost cried. To be able to finally see in person all the makeup brands everyone talks about. To be able to see the colors for myself and not in pictures. I had swatches up and down both arms. I could have spent hours in there swatching everything!! Believe it or not, I didn't buy anything! More than ever I'm convinced there are products at the drug store that are just as good. There were so many things I just thought were going to be wonderful and I thought were ok. Other things I didn't think much of and changed my mind. I waned to touch everything!!

Happy Mothers Day!!!  Thanks As well!!   I got My Mom Some Awesome N NAtural Body n Face Sunscreen From ORIGINS Plus Her Studio Fix Nc35 from M.A.C  Vintage Pin-Up Mints n case N A ginger Essence perfme from ORIGINS as well!!!

i gOT sOME M.A.C Makeup  Powder blush n concealer N Some Awesome Bras from Victoria Secret, Some new Work Clothes A teddy bear n flowers oh and some candy  Now were all going to go watch a movie!!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Only not so good thing about today was I Had to work From 10-3 :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

The closest Sephora to me is dirty and disorganized.  I've only ever bought a couple of things there just so I can say I've been and bought.  Drugstore stuff in Canada include brands from Sephora.  I'm not missing anything.

I brought my parents a 20pc bucket of chicken and fixings from Church's for Mother's day. It's never the stuff, its the time spent.  My mom doesn't live with me so I can't really go and bring her anything in bed.  She did just come out of the hospital so we couldn't go out for dinner.

Originally Posted by jeanarick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Happy Mother's Day Bonnie! I got my Mom something simple a cinamon roll from her favorite bakery and her fav cappacino all brought to her and served in bed. My oldest son took me, my hubby and youngest son to lunch. Then a walk around the mall and my very first trip to a Sephora store. Don't laugh at me, but I swear I almost cried. To be able to finally see in person all the makeup brands everyone talks about. To be able to see the colors for myself and not in pictures. I had swatches up and down both arms. I could have spent hours in there swatching everything!! Believe it or not, I didn't buy anything! More than ever I'm convinced there are products at the drug store that are just as good. There were so many things I just thought were going to be wonderful and I thought were ok. Other things I didn't think much of and changed my mind. I waned to touch everything!!

I don't even know of a Sephora by me, Ulta keeps me satisfied lol.  My parents sadly live on the other side of the country from me so I only get to see them 1-2 times a year.  I hope your mother is ok Diva.  Both my parents just underwent surgery to remove cancer in the past 2/3 weeks.  It's been really hard and stressful not being able to be with them at this time.

Yikes! Both parents!  I hope they are recovering well.  My mom is home now and she's doing great.  Thank you.  She has a bowel condition that gives her grief every few years and it requires medical attention but it is unpredictable.  

I don't think I can live so far away from family, I never have.  I don't have an Ulta, no Ulta in Vancouver or surrounding :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Sephora in Metrotown is closest and like I said, its dirty and mess in there. Unlike drugstores in the US, Canadian drugstores carry high end stuff like Dior, Anna Sui, Benefit, pretty much stuff you'll find in Sephora but Sephora is just makeup.  I can buy a TV or computer or leather occasional furniture in our drugstores.  I bought 4 leather parson dining chairs at London Drugs a few years back :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> You can also buy food and cameras and cellphones.  Its pretty diverse.

Originally Posted by Bonnie Krupa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't even know of a Sephora by me, Ulta keeps me satisfied lol.  My parents sadly live on the other side of the country from me so I only get to see them 1-2 times a year.  I hope your mother is ok Diva.  Both my parents just underwent surgery to remove cancer in the past 2/3 weeks.  It's been really hard and stressful not being able to be with them at this time.

Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yikes! Both parents!  I hope they are recovering well.  My mom is home now and she's doing great.  Thank you.  She has a bowel condition that gives her grief every few years and it requires medical attention but it is unpredictable.  

I don't think I can live so far away from family, I never have.  I don't have an Ulta, no Ulta in Vancouver or surrounding :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Sephora in Metrotown is closest and like I said, its dirty and mess in there. Unlike drugstores in the US, Canadian drugstores carry high end stuff like Dior, Anna Sui, Benefit, pretty much stuff you'll find in Sephora but Sephora is just makeup.  I can buy a TV or computer or leather occasional furniture in our drugstores.  I bought 4 leather parson dining chairs at London Drugs a few years back :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> You can also buy food and cameras and cellphones.  Its pretty diverse.
They are both doing fine, my mom did have to get her uterus taken out but they are both cancer free.  I HATE living so far but out here in Cali is where the best CG jobs are sadly.

I'm so jealous of your drugstores! 

I am estranged from my mother but I did give my MIL some flowers and a couple of cards.  I didn't even receive a Happy Mother's Day from my stepson because his mother had him this weekend and says I am unimportant.

@Diva, that is so friggin cool.  Your drug stores are more like department stores, kinda like walmart or target.

@Bonnie, so glad your parents are doing better.  They will continue to be in my prayers.

Our drugstores are like higher end Walmarts and Target.  No Dior or Chanel at Walmart or Target here.  No Target here yet.  

Originally Posted by jeanarick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

@Diva, that is so friggin cool.  Your drug stores are more like department stores, kinda like walmart or target.

Back