Arbonne?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone heard about or used cosmetics from Arbonne?

http://www.arbonne.ca/ArbonneCosmetics/

There's a spa local to my boyfriend (3 hours for me) for which I just won a Spa Party with $100 worth of Product or whatnot, and they said since I'm out of town they'll mail me an equivalent giftcard plus a catalogue.

Of course, I went straight to the website to look at the makeup. It's regular-expensive priced; eye products are more than I'd usually spend, but brushes are $80 for a kit of ten, so pretty fair priced. I like the looks of their lipstick too, but it's not cheap, even if it's free. Not that that makes any sense.

Has anyone used the face/eye/etc products, and are they good? Are the brushes, seeing as I love brushes and could always use more? If not, I'll either gift it for someone closer to the spa or find good skincare there, but either way.

And hey, if they're just medium or barely worth price, I'm still getting them free, so.

Thanks all.

It seems like they are kind of like a mary kay or avon.  Apparently their skin care and makeup are really good and the brushes are so so.  This is just what I am reading.  I don't own anything from them nor have I heard of them before

I owned a set of their brushes from about 7 years ago and I loved them.  They changed the brushes since so I dont know what the quality is like anymore.

I say stock up on stuff you know you're going to use and cant go wrong with - like the brushes and accessories or lipsticks.  It is direct seller type deal so be ready for a sales pitch.

Hmmm...never heard of them before.  Maybe you should do some more research, check the blogs and stuff.

Originally Posted by Bonnie Krupa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It seems like they are kind of like a mary kay or avon.  Apparently their skin care and makeup are really good and the brushes are so so.  This is just what I am reading.  I don't own anything from them nor have I heard of them before

They are exactly like the mary kay and avon (as far as type of product/sale, not sure on quality). My aunt used to sell them.  They had a skin so soft line that I remember using as a kid, but can't really say how "good" it felt at the time because I suppose I wasn't ever critiquing it. (When your mom and aunt say "here use this" then you kind of use it, you don't really question what it is or what it's for lol)  I think it might have been an SPF so we may have used it as a 'healthier' sunscreen?

edit: nvm I guess that was avon. But I think she sold arbonne too lol

Mine won't be direct seller- they're mailing me via Canada Post a giftcard and a catalogue, then I never have to talk to them again. The only bad part in that is that of course, I can't look at the brushes and things, hence asking here. I'll look for reviews still though.

But I'm thinking to go along your route, DreamWarrior.

From what I've seen, product reviews vary a lot, so I'll probably, again, go with nofail things like brushes. I mean, it's free, but might as well get good free things I can use. Everyone hates the salespeople, but that's okay, since I won't be seeing one. And it sounds like the salespeople are either brainwashed or stopped working there because they were being jerked around. Oh well, like I said, I won't be seeing them.

Since there aren't really any reliable reviews online (either it's hit and miss or everyone's bad at judging), I'll get either the brush kit or travel brush kit- travel's half the brushes, half the price- depending how much else I want, and I'll post a review here and maybe youtube it, since the only one there is a year old and hasn't been updated.

Back