How thin is too thin? (fashion, natural, figure, weight)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Is being very thin still in fashion? Or has the style gone to athletic? I've always been athletic and higher in weight than recommended, but I'm thinking of doing a total makeover for professional reasons (I'm a musician) and dropping the weight down to a much lower setpoint.
If i can wear  I mean too thin.

[referral spam link removed]

When you say 'in fashion' what does that mean?  I know it's important in the fashion industry if you intend to be a high fashion or runway model.  There is still (and always be) the in thing to be stick thin in certain societies.  You said you want to lose weight for professional reasons, is it that you now want to become a model or something of the sort?  I think the athletic look is not really a style, but if you ARE going to be in the fashion industry, I think that goes for only men.  Well, some men.  Male runway models are sometimes really thin.

If you can see your bones very easily, you're too thin. If your legs look like sticks, again too thin.

In the fashion industry i think it's still on the thin side, but less ghostly than before, i guess you could say it's about being athletic but nowadays they demand thin girls, but with some meat on the bones, not the skeletons we saw in the past.

If you see ribs and spine, you are poster child for famine relief.

If you have good muscle tone, you can pull off that dress.  I could have pulled off that dress when I was young.  I was fit and toned not skin and bones.

I have always admired the athletic girls. In my mind I imagine the work that was put into it. Skinny girls just remind me of the absence of eating. I've been on both ends of the spectrum. I hope you would never sacrifice the health of your body to become just another career-minded-anorexic. If you want to drop fat the healthy way, focus on cardio. But please never jeopardize your health to become "socially acceptable". always eat healthy! yumyum eat'em up!

Latest posts

Back