Best Makeup Quality at a cheap Rate ??!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
patches.gif
Need help all my makeup i get is super expensive and i want to buy less expensive items. Other than E.L.F. cosmetic which i love what other brand are there help???!!!!!!! Thanks

NYX is amazing.  It's comparable to MAC.  Wet N Wild is another good brand and very cheap.  Their eyeshadows are unreal.

BYS products are alright (their bronzers are greatttt steer away from their liquid liners and cream shadows!)

Almay is decent, so i heard. theres also a brand called Savvy, great price decent quality.

The best inexpensive makeup is hands down NYX! Especially their shadows, jumbo eye pencils, lipglosses and lipsticks!

the best quality make-up at cheap rates, is trying to find discounts on usually high priced high end make-up...well my favorite make-up is MAC and Nars and you can usually find things for cheaper by going on ebay and searching for your specific item (I just bought 4 MAC eyeshadows, 2 kohl pencils and saved up to $5 on each item)

also waiting for discounts to come out at Sephora, and drugstore.com (beauty.com) sells Nars and Urban Decay and they always have some type of 10-20 dollars off...they have 20% off right now actually and I'm about to purchase some Nars stuff...you can find deals on almost anything of higher priced makeup...

I wouldn't recommend MAC on ebay, most of that is fake.

I also like Wet n Wild, especially the eye shadows. I like Milani too, very good quality for drugstore. Jordana too, since they are owned by Milani, so also very good quality but super cheap. Rimmel and Revlon have some great lipsticks. I like Rimmel and Maybelline for mascara. NYC for the creme blush sticks. Physician's Formula (the cute one with the hearts) or Milani (the new baked ones or the mineral ones) for powder blush compacts.

Originally Posted by DonnaJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wouldn't recommend MAC on ebay, most of that is fake.

i highly doubt that power sellers with 1000-10,000+ positive reviews for make-up are fake, sold new in the box..anyways I've never had a bad experience and my MAC collection is rather large thanks to ebay...

Originally Posted by charmander /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i highly doubt that power sellers with 1000-10,000+ positive reviews for make-up are fake, sold new in the box..anyways I've never had a bad experience and my MAC collection is rather large thanks to ebay...
Actually there's tons of fake top rated sellers.

Wet 'n' Wild. Annabelle (especially the Smoothliners, Eye Kohls, lip liners, single shadows, & Magnetic Quads [fit MAC Pro Pans too!]) NYX. Prestige (lip liners, Total Intensity eye liners, mascara.) GOSH (but I only buy on sale - it's one of the more expensive drugstore lines.) Hard Candy. Revlon. And I think Maybelline has REALLY stepped up their game in the last while. Barry M. Joe Fresh (lipstains, cream cheek tints, some of the powder eyeshadows.)

Where is Gosh sold? 
Here, Shoppers Drug Mart. In the UK, Superdrug & Boots, I believe. It's a Dutch line, but I believe they ship internationally. S&H is killer from the main site, though :eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Bonnie Krupa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Actually there's tons of fake top rated sellers.

This. To make a vast generalization, many of the power-sellers live in China and massively ship cheap items from Hong Kong, which is how they get their power-seller status. Many people in China absolutely need a means to bring in extra money, and they will get paid for literally just providing their name and handling about 25% of the customer service and the listings for the companies. The seller doesn't provide the item, nor do they pack it or ship it. Please keep in mind that China has different manufacturing standards than many other countries and there isn't a penalty for stealing or impersonating a brand, false advertising or marketing, etc., as long as it does not interfere with the government. It's more about quantity than quality, usually. I'm not saying there's no reputable Chinese sellers, just stating the harsh reality of the business, especially factoring in that there is a considerable amount of poverty all over China. It's not likely that you're getting the brand you think you're buying, you're probably buying something much cheaper and far less quality.

Anyways, to be on topic, I literally just buy whatever the drug store has. I'm 15 and merely line my eyes, nothing too fancy, mainly because I've only been wearing makeup for 3 years and think I look best as a raccoon. L'oreal never does me wrong, but I'm not sure how other people react to it (I have skin and eyes of steel, NOTHING irritates me) and I also like Rimmel, both of which are pretty cheap.

I like Loreal and Revlon when I am doing my less expensive makeup shopping. Each of the big drug store brands has their products that I enjoy using. This makes it easier to decide which one to look at depending on what I need to build my makeup kit.

Maybelline is my favorite line for mascara if I am going to save money.

Originally Posted by Jester /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This. To make a vast generalization, many of the power-sellers live in China and massively ship cheap items from Hong Kong, which is how they get their power-seller status. Many people in China absolutely need a means to bring in extra money, and they will get paid for literally just providing their name and handling about 25% of the customer service and the listings for the companies. The seller doesn't provide the item, nor do they pack it or ship it. Please keep in mind that China has different manufacturing standards than many other countries and there isn't a penalty for stealing or impersonating a brand, false advertising or marketing, etc., as long as it does not interfere with the government. It's more about quantity than quality, usually. I'm not saying there's no reputable Chinese sellers, just stating the harsh reality of the business, especially factoring in that there is a considerable amount of poverty all over China. It's not likely that you're getting the brand you think you're buying, you're probably buying something much cheaper and far less quality.

ok...I haven't bought anything from China, I couldn't wait that long for the shipping..  Like I said all the things I've bought so far are identical to the actual MAC i've purchased at MAC and bloomingdales, down to the hinges and the small etching engraved in barely visible wording at the bottom of the actual container and the box dimensions.......soooo......

There is still buying high end make-up from online stores, with discounts and coupon codes...I just think of make-up as an investment.  So theres a few good drugstore products (don't get me wrong I use drugstore foundation), but my thought is when you can get high end at discount, whether at Sephora or Ulta or beauty.com or Macys, why would you settle....
icon_scratch.gif

A lot of people have been burned buying MAC on ebay. Just because you have a seller or two that you know sells the real deal doesn't mean every noob who stumbles onto ebay will find them, because there are hundreds selling fakes. That is why your advice is irresponsible and absurd. Do you think the OP will just happen upon your one or two sellers who have real MAC or more likely buy from one of those hundreds selling bogus makeup? Why don't you give us the names of these ebay sellers who have real MAC so we can see for ourselves?

A lot of fake MAC nowadays looks real, you really have to spend time searching for differences but you have to physically have both items.  Most of it is obviously fake though.  Even pursebuzz from youtube ended up with fake MAC recently and she's a professional.

Here are my top picks for cheaper makeup:

NYX

Wet N Wild

Rimmel

L'Oreal

Maybelline.

Mut recently did an award for the "Best Drugstore Brands".  You can find this on the home page and it will give you some ideas of what people think the best "inexpensive" products are 
wink.gif

Back