OPI: Nice Stems!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
OPI: Nice Stems!

These polishes will be available for retail in June but pro card holders can order them now though several different wholesalers.

This is a limited edition polish and once sold out that it, all gone.

Left to right: Play the Peonies, I Lily Love You, Come to Poppy, Be a Dahlia Won’t You?

Retail: $8.50 (0.5 oz)

There is also a mini set that retails for $12.50.
1 - Play the Peonies Nail Lacquer 1/8oz mini
1 - Come to Poppy Nail Lacquer 1/8oz mini
1 - Be a Dahlia Won’t You? Nail Lacquer 1/8oz mini
1 - I Lily Love You Nail Lacquer 1/8oz mini

I'm confused. I only see three colors. What's the name of the one in the middle? It's gorgeous!

Originally Posted by jeanarick /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm confused. I only see three colors. What's the name of the one in the middle? It's gorgeous!
Play the Peonies

I Lily Love You

Come to Poppy

Be a Dahlia Won’t You?

Thank you Zadi!!! The one I'm loving is "Be a Dahlia Won't you". It's soooooooo pretty!

Have any of you had any luck getting this collection? I only want I Lily Love you since im a sucker for glittery stuff.

I love me them mini's!

Ebay. Now. LOL!

There is also a mini set that retails for $12.50.
1 - Play the Peonies Nail Lacquer 1/8oz mini
1 - Come to Poppy Nail Lacquer 1/8oz mini
1 - Be a Dahlia Won’t You? Nail Lacquer 1/8oz mini
1 - I Lily Love You Nail Lacquer 1/8oz mini

I love any pink nail polishes! Some I'm excited! 
icon_cheesygrin.gif

LOL I could pick one up for you if it's still in stock at Cosmoprof. I've been avoiding that place since the beginning of the month since the last time I only went to look and walked out spending almost $100 on nail polish and shampoo/conditioner. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Even at pro prices it quickly adds up. And worse... I don't remember what I bought other than TIGI Catwalk Shampoo and Conditioner 1 liter set for $23. I think it was China Glaze but I just don't remember.

I'm between getting the minis or just Come to Poppy and I Lily Love You. I saw this post on Let Them Have Polish where she compared Be A Dahlia to ChG's 108 Degrees and they're very similar.

If the top nail is indeed OPI and the bottom nail is China Glaze then I would say it's a 99.95% match. The only slight, and practically non-existent, difference between the two is that Be A Dahlia has a bit more blue-purple to it than 108 Degrees but again, if someone was to wear it no one would really no the difference.

China Glaze retails for $5.99, OPI retails for $8.50.

China Glaze pro price: $3 to $3.50 depending on the supplier, OPI pro price $4.25.

That said, the Tropical Island is a China Glaze limited edition collection as well and sold out at most Sally Beauty Supply stores. I still can get it through my distributor (and actually have to place an order to pick up a 2nd bottle of that particular color) but most normal retail stores have sold out.

Wow!  Those are gorgeous.  I'm a sucker for anything pink... lol.

And that comparison swatch - I couldn't even tell the difference.  I should have gotten 108 Degrees!  I haven't seen it around lately! 

I definitely want the minis of these... lol

I just double checked with two of the distributors that I buy from and they're now sold out of the open stock on China Glaze Island Escape (I keep calling it Tropical Island). All they have left are the full sets but at $19.50 it's still not a bad price, still all I need is just one color! LOL The Nice Stems is still available, even the cute mini pack. I just the packaging on the minis for the Nice Stems!

Back