"Green" products??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm not a big "go green, save the earth" person but I have a friend who owns a salon and she's trying to get more "green" products just for health reasons really. You don't realize how many things are on the market that are SOOOO bad for you! Literally poisoning you! I heard that 80% of women who have breast cancer or who have had breast cancer have parabens in their system. That is insane. Now image working in a salon breathing that all day or using it on yourself everyday. I know for me, I'm going to do my best to find products that are paraben free. Whether it be hair or make up products. "Surface" is a great all natural hair product line by-the-way and ELf mineral eyeshadow is paraben free. I'm still looking into more options as well because I don't really know much about the "greener" side of things so if anyone has any input it would be greatly appreciated.

Go Green!! Yay! Sorry, I'm one of those "go green, save the earth" people
icon_cheesygrin.gif

There's a local cosmetics brand near me based out of Austin, it's called Rae Cosmetics. It's super-good and all of it is organic. The cool part about their foundation is that it doesn't feel heavy when you wear it and it doesn't get cakey. Glo minerals is great also, though I'd prefer Rae. The makeup artist I took a class from is a total hippie and she recommended Rae to me, so it's definitely worth checking out. It's no more expensive than Laura Mercier.

Sephora has a few dye-free, paraben-free lines. Bare Minerals and Korres are a couple of them. Supposedly Origins is, but I have my suspicions about 'natural' lines just because it's not an FDA regulated term, whereas organic is. If you have any other questions about green cosmetics though, let me know! You might want to check out (as weird as this sounds) Whole Foods Market. I don't love the fact that they still have GMO foods on their shelves (ugh) but they do have organic cosmetics
icon_lol.gif

Thank you ladies. It's definitely something I am going to look into. My grandmother died of breast cancer and my mom is a breast cancer survivor so its something I take pretty seriously.

I'm not a green person but I know Payless has a makeup line and they are paraben free, don't test on animals and the packaging is x% made from recycled stuff.  There's probably more green info that I'm forgetting too

Its funny that you mention Payless cos I was thinking about them just the other, not knowing that their make up was paraben free. Good to know tho, thank you Bonnie :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Bonnie Krupa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm not a green person but I know Payless has a makeup line and they are paraben free, don't test on animals and the packaging is x% made from recycled stuff.  There's probably more green info that I'm forgetting too

I have one of their perfumes. My list of things to try is getting longer and longer lol

Originally Posted by Bonnie Krupa /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm very tempted to try their stuff.

I have the blue one (not sure what its called) and I love it. Its very subtle and clean but still feminine.

Back