Lighting?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've been thinking about posting FOTD pictures, but for some reason whenever I try to take pictures, the lighting in my bathroom, and my whole apartment for that matter, is lame and it comes out dark. What do you all do to solve that problem?

It depends on your camera really. The lighting in my apartment is total crap so I use the "Available Light Portrait" mode and stand by a window to take my pics. Or I use "Self Portrait" mode. I also use macro mode for the close ups of my eyes, while I'm standing in front of the window. Try and experiment and see what works.

I love my camera because it has sooooo many different settings. What kind of camera do you have?

I just found my point and shoot so I'll get to use that for my next FOTD instead of my webcam or my DSLR. I hate focusing that thing backwards up close. I always miss!

For lighting if you can stand by a north facing window it's supposed to be the absolute best light and most natural. Early morning again the best.

Sometimes a flash can be too harsh, especially if you don't have a professional camera. I think natural light by a window is the best.

Flash is always too harsh. My professor last year said that you shouldn't even use straight on flash with someone that's your deadly enemy. It's so unflattering and defeats the purpose of makeup.

If you can't get natural lighting, just change that with fotoflexer. You don't need to edit the saturation or hue, just make it lighter by a few points and make sure you didn't use flash on your camera.
biggrin.gif

Back