Covergirl NatureLuxe Foundation - any other fans here?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm really liking the Covergirl Natureluxe foundation. It doesn't irritate my sensitive combo skin nor does it make it oily. It goes on perfectly smooth and blends in. I'm just excited to have found a foundation that works and is not expensive. Anybody else use this foundation and think it's great?

Nope. It made my skin feel hot and itchy (was sent a sample of it). I'm allergic to the oils in it.

I have a sample too, but keep forgetting to try it! I'll try to remember and use it tomorrow and let you know what I think.

What a bummer! I thought my sensitive skin would have a problem also but surprisingly I'm ok with it. 

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Nope. It made my skin feel hot and itchy (was sent a sample of it). I'm allergic to the oils in it.

I have not tried this yet, but it is on my list of products that I would like to try. In Style has it listed as one of the top makeup deals under $15, so I figured that it would be worth giving it a go.

I'm wearing it now and so far so good. The one thing I found unusual about it is that it seems "fluffy". From looking at it, it looks like it should feel thick and heavy, but instead it almost reminded me of a foam, but no it's not foamy, just light and airy. It went on smooth and gave good coverage. I'll have to come back tonight to let you all know how it held up over time, but so far it's been 7 hours and still looks great. My sample shade was just a little too light, it matched my concealer which is one shade lighter than my skin tone.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Really? The sample packet doesn't come off as foamy.

I'm having a hard time describing it, it's not that it looks foamy, but it's got this light airy consistency that made me think of foam, or maybe whipped cream? It's the feel of it, not the look of it. It actually looked thick and heavy when I squeezed it out in my hand, but the feel of it was the opposite.

LOL I was thinking whipped might work. Maybe I just had a bad sample but what I had wasn't that great.

Wellllll...it didn't work out for me after all. That day was a normal spring day here, fairly cool, and I think that helped it hold up for most of the day. But after my last post I cooked supper and the kitchen got hot. By the time I went to remove my makeup I was an oil slick. I do have oily skin, so I'd say if you have oily skin this one won't work for you unless you have a good mattifier, or it's a cold/cooler day. For summer, or if you work in a warm building, not so much.

The foundation is really nice coverage wise, I haven't had too many problems besides the foundation not lasting a long time with my kind of oily skin. But DonnaJ is right about the foundation not really working for you if it's for oily skin unless you have a good mattifier and warm conditions not being the best idea to wear the foundation.

I love the Gloss Balms so have been thinking of trying this. Would be nice to have a foundation that doesn't cost $40 each time. But I'm nervous to buy drugstore foundation, because how do you know the right shade!  Maybe I'll go check this out and see if I can figure out the right one for me...

Yes! I use this like almost everyday and I love it. It smells a little weird though. The coverage is like, so lightweight, it hardly feels like you are even wearing any makeup. I think it is an older product- it came out a a couple years ago and I found it at Ulta for only 5.99, I think.

I'm wondering if they are discontinuing it already? I know it's half off at my CVS and I've seen it at Ocean State Job Lot (it's like a Big Lots, but in New England) which does get a lot of discontinued products.

Latest posts

Back