Yoga is it good for weightloss?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
One of my friend told me that yoga is helpful in lose weight,but I never tried by my self,so I wanna know that can you really loose weight with yoga?

Anytime you put your body in motion, you're gonna burn calories and lose weight.  So, yes, you will lose weight with yoga.  Remember though, a well balanced way of eating is key to keeping the pounds off. 

Yes, and no. You will burn calories, yes, but actually what yoga does is tone your body, make it more supple. You will get a better silhouette, but it's not a miracle solution, you have to combine this with a good balanced diet.

My mom swears by it, but she's also a health food freak. So while it's not a high impact workout, with the right diet, you can lose weight with it.

Googled: Yoga for Weight Loss

Answer: "Some types of yoga such as Ivengar, in which yoga poses are held for several minutes with a resting period between each pose, will build muscles and improve your posture, but will not give you the cardiovascular workout you need to lose weight. If you plan on making yoga your primary form of exercise you must do a vigorous 90 minute yoga session at least 3 times a week. Many people also choose to combine yoga with running or walking or other aerobic exercise in order to reach their weight loss goals."

Gosh I love google. So easy.

Slightly off topic advice:

Yoga in most practices is good for making sure you're losing weight in specific areas of your body that you're targeting. If you want to lose weight, don't binge on chocolate, eat healthier, maybe sign up for sparkpeople.com -- it's sort of awesome I lost 3-6 pounds a week by following their program WITHOUT exercising and only walking 5000 steps throughout the day.

Use yoga to target bad parts of your body. If you have thick thighs, use exercises and poses that are using your thigh muscles. Then go out for a run.

I have two friends who are very skinny and in awesome shape and both swear by yoga. It's all they do. I always thought that you need to do lots of running etc to lose weight but seeing these 2 ladies, I'm ready to try yoga. I also know someone who lost ton of weight by doing hot yoga.

yoga is excellent for weight loss!  Many of my friends who kept to a diet decided to do yoga, and they liked it so much that still train. Yoga relaxes and makes all muscles work. It allows your body to achieve amazing combination of strength and lightness. 

Mod note: Unnecessary link deleted

yoga is good for the body. there are some exercises which help reduce the fat around the belly area, but yoga is more of a relaxing thing. if u wanna lose weight [mod edit spam removed. please do not spam our forums] do the pranayam, which is a form of breating exercises, which is a subset of yoga. the kapal bathi pranayam really does help lose weight.
google it

Yes i definately think yoga is good for weight loss, at my gym they do yogalates which adds pilates into yoga to give a more effective weight loss programme :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I swear by yoga for muscle definition. It's also helped me with my getting my balance back.

Groupon link deleted.

It is excellent for weight loss if you follow a balanced diet.  After 3+ years practicing, I have found I am definitely stronger and flexible.

Hello,

Yes very true,Yoga is very important.It's best way to lose weight properly.One of my friend also suggest me about yoga.

Really it works.Thanks for your great post.  

Originally Posted by OKCATHY1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

One of my friend told me that yoga is helpful in lose weight,but I never tried by my self,so I wanna know that can you really loose weight with yoga?

Yes,Their are various ways to lose weight and yoga is one of them.

Definitely dear....... yoga helps in losing weight. Although the results are slower but there is no risk of any problem with it. It is also beneficial for those who might gain extra weight in near future because it burns extra calories you take daily that may otherwise cause weight gain.    

Yes, yoga definitely helps you for weightloss, but I personnaly think it's better for your balance, flexibility and with your muscle definition. + it's relaxing ^^

Yes, yoga is very good for every-thing related to your body and it's absolutely reduce your weight.

Yes,Yoga is one of the best alternative ways to lose weight. As you go from one position to the next, your muscle tone can be improved. Your metabolism will also be given a boost and it will be a bit more difficult for you to gain weight once your body becomes leaner and lither.  You will also acquire that healthy, youthful glow.

I like Yoga Research shows that yoga helps control or relieve back pain, headache, stress, anxiety, chronic fatigue and other diseases. Besides, yoga can improve flexibility, strength and concentration.

Yes, yoga is an excellent exercise for the weight loss and fat burning.

It not only lose the weight but also enhance the body strength, stamina, flexibility to improve the fitness for the longer of the time. 

It also leads to stable mind and body and deals the stress and depression very effectively.  

Maitland gyms

Any exercise is going to help, but more intense exercise is generally going to burn off more calories. Yoga is great for posture and relaxation, but if you want to burn calories make sure you choose a more intense style of yoga

Latest posts

Back