Has anyone gotten an email that sais basically something like this?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
EGM used chemicals in their products that they didn't state on the labels or the webpage because they weren't natural?  I got this email from one of the ladies who would often fill my orders and answer my questions.  She was the lead lab lady and made over 800 products.  Isn't that illegal or something?  It certainly is dishonest.  She also said that they were reoponing and were using the same formulas that she made... she worked for a regular cosmetic company and when she found out they were supposedly all natural she quit. Also she sais the owner used female names but is a man who had legal problems which is why they closed so quickly.  She also said they plan on using all the same products and that some are more than 2 years old!  EWWW

I got the email and contacted Carol Ozawa who worked making the makeup and skincare.  She answered all of my questions and I learned a lot about Earthen Glow Minerals!

They use Parabens in their liquid, mousse and pallet foundations!

They also use Parabens in the lotions, shampoos and other things

Their Cover Me and Youthful Glow foundations have Bismuth O., Boron Oxide, Talc in them

I hate this because I bought all the foundations!

Hey Tootie

I got the same email and it blew me away. It's just wrong to say on your website one thing in ingredients and use a whole nother bunch of stuff.  They opened again and you know what I'm buying from them? Nada

Hello I am Carol Ozawa,

I worked for Earthen Glow Minerals for quite some time as their main formulator, I created over 800 of their products.  I am contacting you because I left the company because they

lie to their customers regarding ingredients.  On the label and website they put only natural ingredients.  I made the products and tell you that they do not disclose the truth of the

many chemicals that they use, none that anyone wanting a natural cosmetic would use.

Parabens are in the liquid makeup, mousse makeup, cream to powder palette. lotions, shampoos and conditioners

Talc, Boron Nitride, Bismuth Oxychloride are in  the Cover Me and Youthful Glow foundations as well as the liquid and mousse makeup and palettes.

All of the powdered minerals with the exception of the Silicon Powder also contain Talc, Boron Nitride, Bismuth Oxychloride too.

The soaps and skin care on the ingredients list are far from natural as they say, except for the Cold Process soap which they purchase from a wholesaler.

When I became aware of  the deception of EGM to their customers I had a meeting with them and was told they would update the website.  They never did.

I resigned due to this.  The company is owned by Dexter (David) who also uses the names Diane and Lori and his sister Michelle Del Pardo. Mr. Hardin had legal troubles

which is why the company immediately closed in one day.  At that time everything was placed in humid storage.  Many of these products are over two years old yet these are

the same products that they will be selling you as they now have reopened.  I was asked to return to the company but refused to participate.

I have worked for a Japanese skin care company and a European cosmetic company and we often used talc and parabens but these were traditional cosmetics and the customer

knew what they were buying.  It is my feeling that an advertised all natural company is looking to attract those who want no parabens, talc and many many other chemicals that

were used and not listed on the website or label.

I apologize to all of you for the deception at Earthen Glow Minerals and hope that my message to you is well received.

Thank You

Carol Ozawa 

I'm just so confused about this whole thing. I have so many questions.  I guess I could respond to her email with them, but here is what I don't get.  First, as I stated in another thread, if she quit back then and obviously got all the customers' emails first, why didn't she email us then to warn people that may have an allergy?!  Second, why was she filling orders for them and also formulating products, but formulating for other cosmetics companies? Maybe I just don't know enough about this, but I thought that cosmetics companies often purchased product from another company that formulated the products, then customized the packaging with the cosmetic company's name and logo...I've never heard of someone formulating for different companies, but filling customer orders and answering that company's customer service emails.  It's totally possible, just strange.  And finally, if she was filling orders and answering emails, how did she NOT know for a long period of time that they didn't state the true ingredients on the website?  That, too, is totally possible, but I know if I was formulating products for a company and also answering questions via email, I would be pretty familiar with the website. I'm totally not meaning it to sound like I doubt her or that I am taking up for EG in any way, but it is all so strange....Also, did anyone with bismuth, boron, or talc sensitivities/allergies react to their foundations or other products?  I have always had pretty obvious reactions to bismuth and boron, and never had any problems with these.  I just wish I could find foundations like these again and know 100% that the ingredients were what they should be!

I still have some foundation from this company and it would make me itch. What is worse is how the skincare I bought I don't know what in it cause they lie about what they put in it to make it sound good for you. Sad they do anything for money. Why not be a makeupp company that is not natural so you don't have to lie about what you put in your makeup? 

I received the email too, just too dishonest with their products, aniwae i was not a great fan of their products.  Today while clearing my drawers i threw away their foundation samples.  I was happy to do it.

I didn't get the email and I'm actually not familiar with that company. BUT i will say that something seems a little fishy about the whole situation. I'm not saying it's not true, and of course there ARE companies out there who do very dishonest things. I'm just wanting to make sure that that is in fact the case here, so that no company's name gets brought down for no reason. Has the company itself issued any statements to respond to these accusations? What do they have to say for themselves? There are some major consistency issues/lack of motivation for the claims this woman is making, in my opinion. And if she is going to point fingers like that, and make serious allegations that have an impact on consumers and highlight illegal actions, then she better have the facts and proof to back it up, you know?

Just my two cents!

I've bought a lot of stuff from EGM makeu p and skincare.  They owe me money for undelivered stuff to this day!  I was a big fan of them even tooted for them and their greatness.  I emailed Carol and she never said she formulated for 2 other companies, only worked for them.  Also, there has been so many customer service issues with them and several people complaining that they never got their emails answered or their products or money returned.  They've got a lot of problems but I tell you what... I told Carol she should report them to the FDA and she already has so I'm gonna watch to see if their ingredients list changes.  That's dead proof they were are whatever dishonest.  My instincts tell me it's true and I bet another company owner or two could look at their ingredients list and verify what is what.  Main thing too is I want my money back.  Also,  I bought a palette from them, cream to powder, and it grew all this white stuff on it.  What is that?  Nasty so I want my money back for that too!

Back