First 3D mani, what do you think?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm currently in Japan and nail design (especially 3D) is huge here, so I have been wanting to try my hand at it.  This is my first 3D type manicure, granted it's just gold bullion/balls/whatever lol, but I will be getting more and more intricate as I practice.  I already bought acrylic powder and liquid, just need some molds..and I will be going nuts!

Anyway, here it is!  What do you think of it?

5763611245_deaf463877_m.jpg

Excuse the chipped thumbnail..that's where I broke it rather high two months ago and it's still growing out : :blush: :

For this mani I did get a little inspiration from one of my Japanese manicure magazines, the basic design, but to mix it up I changed the colors, reversed the patterns on two nails, and re-arranged the placements of the gold balls and stripes.

I called the gold balls bullion in the title, because well thats what they're called here, and well, I don't know what else to call them.. they aren't really beads, as they have no holes.

After my base coat I applied the base color, OPI Tickle My France-y. Its a great color, a mauve-y nude, which works so well with other pink and purple polishes. I then freehanded (let me tell you how hard that is.. and I did mess up and fix it a few times) the diagonal hot pink (no name) polish edges, purporsely reversing the sizes,(look at index and middle finger, for example, the bottom corner on the index finger is bigger, while the top corner on the middle finger is bigger) and I reversed the pattern on the thumb and pinkie fingers.

Next, I took a nail art brush and painted stripes, reversing the placement on the nails of course ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> of Sally Hansen Teflon Tuff Nail Color in Secrets Frost. I LOVE this holographic polish.. I need more!! ::hint hint:: After that, I placed the gold bullion in alternating places on the nail (seeing a pattern here? ^_~.) The spacing/placement on the nails is on purpose, no gold beads are missing/placed incorrectly. Finally I topped it off with Coffret D'or gel topcoat.

Whew, that was a lot!  Thank you for reading!!

Back