BEST BRONZER?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What is the best face bronzer that is natural looking and not shimmery? I have very light and sensitive skin, what would work best for me? Thanks!

I like NYC, Elf, Physicians Formula and Milani bronzers.  I use the Elf one the most because it's completely matte.

I got one from Bobbi Brown and have been using it ever since I got it. So soft and smooth and creamy!

I WILL own a Guerlain one! They're really nice too!

NYC Sunny is horrible-ashy on dark skin (should anyone need to know that).

I was supposed to add that MAC Mineralized Skinfinishes Natural make good bronzers if you go with a couple shades darker than your skintone.

the best matte bronzers i have found are actually just dark or warm toned powders, the ones traditionally used for setting. I use Elf clarifying powder in honey and it's like $3

i feel ya! shimmery bronzer is like it can't make up it's mind on whether it wants to contour or highlight lol

I've been using the bourjois bronzer, it's pretty much matte and buildable, great for all skin tones i'd say!

My favourite bronzer right now is from the Body Shop, Its awesome! It from thier summer line, The line is called Honey Bronze there are 4 shades of bronzing powders and they are all matte. The powder is so easily blendable and pigmented. Best of all it was only like 18 bucks lol

I like MAC Surf Baby Studio Careblend in Gold-Go-lightly. I also like Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess and Dr. Hauscka bronzer. One of my absolute favorites is a Chanel bronzer I bought 2 years ago and it's hands down the most gorgeous shade but has a slight shimmer to it. I love the way it blends.

After watching a review on YouTube by lisaz09 I purchased Essence Bronzing compact powder Matte at Ulta for like $3 - I love it!!! I have fair-medium skin tone and this one goes perfectly and no shimmer or glittery stuff.  She also did a review on the Essence Sun Club bronzer for blondes but my Ulta didn't have it...

I think Soleil Tan de Chanel is very versatile and suits most skin tones. It's not cheap, but it does last and can be used both winter and summer.

I also like the Elf Bronzer. I purchased it after seeing how it looked on EmilyNoel83 on youtube... (btw love her page since she incorporates a lot of drugstore products)

Another I use is a Pixi bronzer/blush I got at Target.  Gives a nice glow. 

I used to love Mary Kay Bronzing Beads - they were a favorite! They don't make them anymore as far as I know and I haven't tried any of their other bronzers, but I love that there is an option for matte or shimmer with them. 

I do a good bit of tanning during the spring and the only one I've found to work well is one from Australian Gold. Stuff is great!

I didn't like the NYC one.  I thought it was a nice matte but too pigmented.  One swipe and my skin was really dark. 

I really like Rimmel's bronzer.  It's starts at really light so you can build to the darkness you want.

Back