What product you can't see yourself finishing at ANYTIME?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
For me, that will be NYX's eye shadow base.  I have a jar for THE longest while and I must say, I have no idea when that thing will finish as I use barely a brush swipe for both eyes.  Another thing would be my Revlon Colorstay Mineral Finishing Powder.  I use this as a bronzer and geeze, this I can see with last FOREVER!!!

Most of my eyeshadows! LOL I have so many and I hit pan on less than 5% of them easily! It's what makes it painful when I want to get a new Urban Decay palette that has yet another duplicate of a shade I already have twice! (SMOG!)

I agree about the Revlon stuff - I use it as bronzer too and have been for months, and I've barely made a dent!

I second that with the eyeshadows ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Soo many. I've been really trying to force myself to use all of my products vs. sticking to my "go-to's" so I can get my money's worth.

Liquid foundation.  I have like 10-15 of different liquid foundations.  Since I no longer use them they have been sitting in a drawer for the past couple years

My eyeshadows.  Eyeshadow is like chocolate though......you can never have enough.  I love buying eyeshadow.  So what if I come home and can't find a place to put it because all of my other eyeshadows are taking up so much room.  Must make sure I never run out.

^ Agreed!! I have my makeup on my counter in a small traincase right now, but with all my big clunky palettes and random sized eyeshadows I think I'm going to have to go to Walmart and get one of those little three drawer tupperware dealies to store my stuff in!

Definitely eyeshadow for me as well and my cream blushes (I only use a teeny little swatch for one cheek!).

Everything else of mine gets used regularly. I try to regulate everything and use what I think hasn't been used in a while, I feel guilty/spoiled otherwise!!

I agree with Pamella. I will never get through my eye shadows. I have 1000 eye shadows and there is no way I'm going to hit pan on most of them.  I have hardly made a dent in my fave color!  I also can't see myself finishing my Clinique bronzer in Sunswept.  I've been using it for about a year and it still looks brand new! There's no dent in it at all and I use it almost daily!  Definitely a good investment.  I think it was about $20.  So worth every penny. LOL  I will also probably never get through my concealers, I have so many of them.  I love concealers. I like to use them for different reasons so I have palettes of concealers and individual concealers.  I know I have at least 20 of them, and that's counting the palettes as one.  I also will probably not get through my NYX jumbo eye pencils and regular sized pencils, I have so many of them.  I have a lot of different products that I don't see myself finishing anytime soon.  I may not even finish them before they expire.  Thanks for having this thread, it's making me think of what I have to work with and what I need to start using so it doesn't expire!

Definitely eyeshadows, but also my Cargo blushes. I've been wearing one of them almost daily and it hasn't even come close.

Besides eyeshadows.. I think its going to be my Loreal Decrease.. I bought another bottle.. because I "thought" I was gonna run out soon.. nope.. I just keep jamming that brush end there and swirling alllllllllllllll around the inside.. and I keep getting more out.. Idk when its going to end lol.

I have 1 Cargo blush that I got to match a Clinique blush I'd been using for 8 years. Seriously I used that Clnique blush (Sugarplum) at least 4x a week for 8 years and I only just recently hit the pan with it.  I don't think that Cargo blush is going down anytime soon either.  And for that reason (and that I love how it applies) I'll be investing in more Cargo.  

I would also have to say eyeshadow... now... up until the last 6 months ago though I was very boring and wore the same makeup daily - so pretty often I hit pan.  My favorite lipstick is Loreal Moonlit Mica... wore that for years and the others just sat collecting dust. Now they are getting more use, but I'll probably never finish. 
Originally Posted by janetgriselle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Definitely eyeshadows, but also my Cargo blushes. I've been wearing one of them almost daily and it hasn't even come close.

I remembered another one!! LOL I have this ooold discontinued Revlon Skinlights liquid highlighter that I bought in high school, somewhere around 7 years ago I'd guesstimate... the packaging is opaque so I can't really see how much I have left, but in those 7 years I've gone through many looong phases where I didn't wear highlighters at all, plus the tube is 44.3ml (1.5 fl. oz) and for one use I seriously need less than a pea-sized amount for both cheekbones... this sucker could easily last another 7 years!

14 year highlighter for the win!! LOL The nice part is it's in a sealed tube with a pump, so air doesn't really get in so I know it's not "going bad"... it still has the same scent it did when I bought it, hasn't gone off at all!

Here's a pic, if anyone remembers it!! Heheh I have it in Bare Light, the shade shown.

MAC Sweet Sienna pigment. NARS The Multiple in Copacabana & Angelika. NARS Dolce Vita blush (for how little use it gets.) Benefit Brow-Zings! in Light. Eyeko Pink 3-in-1 Cream. Cetaphil Daily Lotion.

Ok Sort of a question...

This seems like a good place for people with answers.

What I don't understand about this thread and most people that consider themselves gurus or really into makeup -- is that makeup expires. You aren't supposed to use mascara after 6 months of it being open, foundation expires in 6 months to a year - eyeshadow varies but it's not THAT long..

Do you guys actually adhere to the expiration dates? I can't imagine buying a mac product that I'm not going to use every single day because even expensive products expire.

Sorry if this is the wrong place but you guys seem like the right gals to ask.

Originally Posted by kayleigh83 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I remembered another one!! LOL I have this ooold discontinued Revlon Skinlights liquid highlighter that I bought in high school, somewhere around 7 years ago I'd guesstimate... the packaging is opaque so I can't really see how much I have left, but in those 7 years I've gone through many looong phases where I didn't wear highlighters at all, plus the tube is 44.3ml (1.5 fl. oz) and for one use I seriously need less than a pea-sized amount for both cheekbones... this sucker could easily last another 7 years!

14 year highlighter for the win!! LOL The nice part is it's in a sealed tube with a pump, so air doesn't really get in so I know it's not "going bad"... it still has the same scent it did when I bought it, hasn't gone off at all!

Here's a pic, if anyone remembers it!! Heheh I have it in Bare Light, the shade shown.
I have a bunch of those too! 

Dear gawd, I miss those.

I might cry when this tube finally runs out!! Hopefully... never. Maybe I got a magical bottomless tube... I can dream right?
icon_lol.gif

I won't buy more mascara that I can reasonably use in a year.  I've never had an issue when it comes to shadows/blushes. I don't have enough lipstick that if some expires I'm going to cry over it or anything. But I only buy really high end when it comes to shadows/blushes/glosses...

Originally Posted by SarraSanborn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ok Sort of a question...

This seems like a good place for people with answers.

What I don't understand about this thread and most people that consider themselves gurus or really into makeup -- is that makeup expires. You aren't supposed to use mascara after 6 months of it being open, foundation expires in 6 months to a year - eyeshadow varies but it's not THAT long..

Do you guys actually adhere to the expiration dates? I can't imagine buying a mac product that I'm not going to use every single day because even expensive products expire.

Sorry if this is the wrong place but you guys seem like the right gals to ask.

Back