Piink

Mineral Makeup for an affordable (CHEAP) price!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColorsGalore View Post

I have never heard of Mirabella, but most MMU will not break you out. I know FaerieOrganic, I love this MMU, I have oily and acne-prone skin and it never broke me out. Also, OceanMist is a great mineral make up to use as well. Hope this helps!

Thanks. I'll check them out.

Whenever you buy mineral makeup be sure that you are getting quality. Just because they are mineral doesn't mean there aren't ingredients that can be toxic to the skin.

As with most things, you get what you pay for. You can still get discounts on brand name quality products so look for them.

I firmly believe that Bare Minerals and Youngblood are the best brands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebM View Post

Whenever you buy mineral makeup be sure that you are getting quality. Just because they are mineral doesn't mean there aren't ingredients that can be toxic to the skin.

As with most things, you get what you pay for. You can still get discounts on brand name quality products so look for them.

I firmly believe that Bare Minerals and Youngblood are the best brands.

Where can you find Bare Minerals at? I always wanted to try out their make up and give it a try. My face is pretty sensitive and I wonder if this make up would work best for me.

I am a rep for Younique, they are a new minerals company.  I LOVE them (obviously, or I would not be a rep!)  Pricing is good, they offer hostess rewards so you can get free and reduced makeup if you have a Facebook online party.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eucala08 View Post

I haven't tried a whole lot of drugstore mineral makeup. I use Physicians Formula though. They have some great mineral wear. One thing that I think that they don't do well is bronzers. So, I'd stay away from those.

Agreed, I always go back to my Physicians Formula Covertox10. its creamy soft texture in a powder ! Its not dusty and messy like other mineral powders out there.

Only buy their Covertox10 though, stay away from their other powders.

I actually stumbled across a brand called Sobe Botanicals on Etsy when I was looking for a replacement for my Bare Minerals brow powder (which, to my horror, was discontinued! :( ) I got a pot of loose powder the same size that my Bare Minerals powder came in for around $5. 

Get Gosh Mineral Foundation. Perfect ingredients, good coverage, looks nice, doesn't wear off during the day and stays mate. Better than BareMinerals and for a much better price:)

Monave is a great place to shop for mineral makeup that is 100% natural and very affordable. They do not use any bismuth, carmines, or another skin irritants in their products. Their prodicts are also Gluten Free adn not tested on animals :D

They are generous with samples and you can ask them to send you testers by contacting information @ monave.com

Younique has amazing products - they are Hypoallergenic, Gluten-free, Latex-free, and Cruelty-free, with some products being entirely Vegan.

They have everything from:

Powder mineral foundation

Cream mineral foundation

Mineral concealers

BB Cream

3D Fiber Lash Mascara (all natural! made with Green tea fibers!)

Mineral eye pigments

Mineral Cream shadows

Mineral lip glosses

Lip stains

Gel eye and lip liners

Facial cleansers

eye serum

makeup removing wipes

face and eye primer

Rosewater

Daily moisturizer

High quality Makeup brushes

The makeup is safe for sensitive skin, and those who wear contact lenses :)

I have most of the products and I ADORE them. The makeup is lightweight, high quality, MADE IN THE USA!! and the packaging is really nice too. The Mascara is Unbelievable. If you have any questions, just ask!

You can get it here if interested:

(link removed)

makeup_zps8721vj6u.jpg

US-1062-00-alt1_zpsfcjqwdiw.jpg

mascaravsfiberlash_zpseebsizjp.jpg