How many of you actually return producs that don't work out for you?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've always had a bad habit of just keeping stuff I didn't like in my stash after I tried it, even though I had a receipt and the opportunity to return in. Well recently due to me trying to save both money and space I've decided to return stuff that doesn't work out. I returned a Modelco sunless tanner to Ulta and got about 18.00 and yesterday I returned a goopy Infallible lipgloss at Rite aid which was 10.00. I got $30 with those two products. I decided from now on anything that doesn't work out I'm gonna do my best to return, who else returns their beauty products?

I ususally buy on Ebay and I usually buy in lots.  I always get stuff cheaper than retail so if I don't like the thing I got I'll just return the rest to a store for an exchange or store credit.  I rarely buy something I don't like though.

I used to just let things sit, but I eventually came to the conclusion that I can't spend that much on high end products that don't work. So now I return anything that doesn't work for me.

I usually give away make-up that's not working for me ... my friend's daughter is alway happy to receive it. I did return a number of moisturizers with SPF until I found one that didn't give me hives.

That's a good idea. My mom's friend gave me a TON of makeup to play with when I was younger.  I was so happy!

I try not to buy things that i don't know for sure i'll love. Which leads to me not experimenting as much as others.... or passing on my products to other fellow makeup luvas.

I recently returned the UD deslick powder. Deslick in a tube works way better than the powder... the powder so lovingly eccentuates my pores :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Not everywhere returns things :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Walmart wouldn't return stuff, I dunno why not, they return everything in the world!!

Target also does not accept returns on cosmetics despite there being nothing in their return policy that states otherwise. The only time they do is if there was damage to the product. I typically tell them, if I had to return something, turns out the item was used (and in most cases I did buy something that someone tested, gross!)

I think it also has to do with the cashier at the return area. Some are more sticklers to not returning cosmetics than others.

I think some of them are just bitter because they are working at walmart lol.  Retail sucks grrrr

LOL Possibly. I avoid Walmart when possible. I love Hard Candy but don't buy more often because its' sold exclusively at Walmart. If I'm at Wally World I may buy something but most times I don't. It's not really my loss but Hard Candy's because I'd buy everything they have.

Lol, when I went  to Walmart on Friday it was so ghetto they had the entire makeup area gated in.  You weren't allowed to leave without paying for your items first.   It was only 2 tiny partial isles of makeup too.  Stupid walmart!

My Walmart doesn't have the cosmetic section separate so it's trashed. Opened packages, used products, damaged products, empty areas. It's gross. I rather shop at Walgreens or Rite Aid or even Target for drugstore brands and Sephora for high end.

I Never return Cosmetics More so because If I dont like it Chances are one of my Clients might Such as bronzer Ive bought from cvs before & I hated it, Yet I have used it on many clients & they loved the results!!!!!

I rarely return stuff, partially from return policies at stores not letting me and also from laziness! But this thread actually really inspired me to do a series of blog posts! I picked out a few eyeshadow palettes that I don't necessarily dislike, but just never seem to use because maybe they weren't what I thought they'd be when I bought them, or aren't colours I'd usually wear or something like that... gonna challenge myself to make them useful!

I think I've only ever had one product that didn't work for me, but by the time I'd established that I'd moved out of the city and couldn't return it.

I've only ever returned products that were broken, to Sephora.

I don't because I will find some use for it somehow.. whether it be a different style.. or something for Halloween.. Who knows?..

Latest posts

Back