Nail Polish and Men

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm a straight college male, and I love nail polish. It just brightens up my day. I paint my fingers every night but remove the paint before I go out the next day. My toes are always painted though. I was curious to see who thinks it would be a good thing if more men were willing to try things out as I have.

I think it would be fantastic if men wore polish too! Who ever said that shouldn't? Like when did that start! I love it. Go on with your bad self and wear polish. I guess to be socially exceptable you could start with more "masculine" colors and then edge into more bright and fun colors!!

Good luck! You're my hero!

Well right now I'm wearing a light blue on my fingers and toes, I'll probably be switching it up tonight or tomorrow. If you gals want to suggest any colors I'd gladly try them out and tell you how it goes.

I would suggest like darker colors such as navy blues, browns, etc. I really like Essie's Decadent Diva. But I'm not sure how it would like on a male.

Ooo how about the new safari green color from Sephora??!!! I want it sooo bad!! Think it's called Caught with my Khakis Down.

I was thinking about trying out a navy blue, think I'll go buy some darker polishes tomorrow. And I do like that green, I hope I can find that one.

well I went with a platinum for my fingers for now, but I'm definitely going for a navy blue tomorrow

Guys + Nail Polish = hot hot hot. Whenever I think of guys in polish I always think of Spike from Buffy the Vampire slayer. I agree with the above statements, that dark colors would be best to start with. 

I just LOVE men with nail polish!!  I just find it soooooo sexy!!  Silver looks GREAT on men!

This is the Russian Navy color

dsc07264.jpg

My boyfriend wears nail polish, he really likes black polish and dark purple & reds that almost look black, he likes matte the best so he mostly uses essies matte about you. I dont think there is anything wrong with guys wearing nail polish.

I tend to stick with darker polishes most of the time but I do like very light ones as well.  I don't really like bright colors all that much.  I also like my nails to have a shine to them so I haven't tried a matte polish yet.

Originally Posted by Male Polish /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I tend to stick with darker polishes most of the time but I do like very light ones as well.  I don't really like bright colors all that much.  I also like my nails to have a shine to them so I haven't tried a matte polish yet.

LOL i someday want to get my bf into light colors, but for now im happy he wears polish. when i first heard about matte i wasn't a fan... i prefer glossy finishes over matte still but since we got essie matte about you, i started liking the matte look. it looks good with a glossy combo too.

Latest posts

Back