Male Polish

Nail Polish and Men

I am not a big fan of men wearing nail polish but hey, it's not about what I and others think it's about what you think. If your ok with it that's all that matter. I love the colors you posted though I will have to check those out.

• Like 1

Well overall I have to say that the manicure/ pedicure was a very pleasant experience, I got a few weird looks, but it didnt bother me.  I do like the white tip my girlfriend told me to try.  I'm gonna go get a green polish in a few days to try out,  if anyone has any other suggestions, I'd love to try them too.

That picture looks more like China Glaze OMG(holographic finish) than Platinum Silver(which I own and is basic silver).  If you like silver and can find Millenium, I'd get that one. That's my FAVORITE silver.  Such a smooth silver finish with no brushstrokes.

I wish more men would wear nail polish. Seriously.  Then maybe they'd understand my addiction (I own over 400 bottles..and a few more on the way..eusa_whistle.gif)

I like nail polish on a man, especailly on his toes! I think its hot.
I like men who care for and pamper themselves, taking care of their nails is a great thing.
We have a few threads about it,
http://www.makeuptalk.com/t/106794/nail-polish-for-men
http://www.makeuptalk.com/t/88593/matte-finish-nail-polish-manglaze
http://www.makeuptalk.com/t/102797/orly-nails-for-males
and many more. I did a post on the makeuptalk blog about it months ago, as well. I will have to find and post the link to it.

AH! I just read this entire thread to my DH! I have been trying REALLY hard to get him to wear nail polish out! He'll let me paint his ring finger with a masculine color sometimes but that's about as far as we get. I think nail polish on a guy is super hot! I wish more men felt as confident about their sexuality as you do...you are to be commended! 

@Katana I really want that blog link when you find it :) I'm gonna make him read your article hehe

• Like 1

I'm really not crazy about men with polish.  I like my DH with a good manicure but buffed or clear polish is what I would prefer.  It's not really about the sexuality although he is construction where its a giant boys club.  The men there are all old school and noone would take him seriously.  

Originally Posted by divadoll View Post

I'm really not crazy about men with polish.  I like my DH with a good manicure but buffed or clear polish is what I would prefer.  It's not really about the sexuality although he is construction where its a giant boys club.  The men there are all old school and noone would take him seriously.  

I can definitely see how where you work could effect if you were able to pull this off or not. Much the same as where you work can determine if tattoos/piercings are appropriate or not. To me, I really don't think any of those things should effect employment but unfortunately it does.

p.s. that's a good ? of the day. what job does your s/o do?... just a thought

that'll be tomorrow's QOTD!  thanks.  It sometimes is hard to think up questions.  My DH is in construction management.  When you are dealing with millions - $100 of millions to $billions, your reputation and your friends' reps precede you.  My DH family have been in construction for many generations, they built lots in Canada.  My husband has worked with men who worked with his father, grandfather and his great uncle.  They all wanna see that he is cut from the same block.  There really is no room for people to question why you have nail polish on.  

I would love it if I could do my boyfriend's nails at his house XD

Men and nail polish- that's be great! If they can wear pink and purple, they can wear nail polish ^^

Originally Posted by divadoll View Post

that'll be tomorrow's QOTD!  thanks.  It sometimes is hard to think up questions.  My DH is in construction management.  When you are dealing with millions - $100 of millions to $billions, your reputation and your friends' reps precede you.  My DH family have been in construction for many generations, they built lots in Canada.  My husband has worked with men who worked with his father, grandfather and his great uncle.  They all wanna see that he is cut from the same block.  There really is no room for people to question why you have nail polish on.  

No problem, I don't think I could come up with a new question every single day. At some point you have to run out lol

Whoa yeah! That is definitely understandable in his profession! A lot to live up to too I'm sure!

I like painted nails on men, especially if it's part of a punky or gothy look.  My husband won't have anything to do with it, although with our three daughters he's waken up to find painted toenails several times.

LOL!

Originally Posted by SarahNerd View Post

I like painted nails on men, especially if it's part of a punky or gothy look.  My husband won't have anything to do with it, although with our three daughters he's waken up to find painted toenails several times.

Originally Posted by SarahNerd View Post

I didn't know you had kiddos Sarah! This cracked me up bc my DD Piper loves to paint my DH's toes too bahahaha

Originally Posted by Ray Louis View Post

I am Male and wear a color called Naked Ivory on my fingernails all the time, No one has ever said anything. The brand is Orly

I own this color and it's really nice for doing an "american tip" on your nails too. It looks very natural whether you use it on the tip or on the whole nail. I found a pic so that any guys who are thinking of starting slowly can check it out!

orly.jpg

• Like 1

Hi

I am a Male and I too love to wear polish. I started to wear fingernail polish full time and no one has said anything about it. I wear a color called Naked Ivory (Orly Brand) It is the next thing to natural color.naked ivory.jpg

Silver is one of my favorite colors too.  I wear it on my toes regularly.  It just looks great - a lot better than my natural nails which are not that even-colored.

Glad there are many of you open-minded gals out there who think this is cool on a guy!

Hey Katana, I'm one of the models on the BB Couture website and I can assure you that they get a lot of business from both men and women from their men's nail polish line.  They offer some pretty cool colors that you just can't find anywhere else, colors that look masculine but work equally well for women who just want to bit of edge to their look.

Thanks for the endorsement!

- Jake K.

Originally Posted by JakeK01 View Post

Hey Katana, I'm one of the models on the BB Couture website and I can assure you that they get a lot of business from both men and women from their men's nail polish line.  They offer some pretty cool colors that you just can't find anywhere else, colors that look masculine but work equally well for women who just want to bit of edge to their look.

Thanks for the endorsement!

- Jake K.

Hello Jake,

The colours are definitely geared towards a more masculine crowd, being darker shaded and with equally cool sounding names. I can see why women too would want to wear or collect some of the line. The colours are great and there are so many to choose from.

Nail polish is very unisex in my opinion, but I am glad to see that companies are taking the time to market polishes toward men, making them feel more comfortable in making their purchases.

I love a man with well manicured nails and polish on his toes!