NOTD: June 8th, 2011

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually gasped a little when the pictures loaded! This is gorgeous! Were these done with plates?

wow I would never have the patience for that and I'd be so mad when they chipped!  It looks amazing.

Yep this was done with a  plate from the new bundle monster series, BM223. You can get them off Amazon.com if you're interested. The colors are Milani Hi-Res, drugstore buy, and OPI lincoln park after dark. It really didn't take all that long :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> maybe a total of fifteen minutes.

This is beautiful! One of the nicest stamping I've seen to date. I really have got to step up my stamping game.  I have a hard time getting the polish to adhere to the stamper. Someone told me to try to buff the stamper. Do you have any tips???

Anyways...here's my NOTD for Pink Wednesday...

Zoya Flora with OPI Turquoise Shatter

Originally Posted by kayjay /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is beautiful! One of the nicest stamping I've seen to date. I really have got to step up my stamping game.  I have a hard time getting the polish to adhere to the stamper. Someone told me to try to buff the stamper. Do you have any tips???

Anyways...here's my NOTD for Pink Wednesday...

Zoya Flora with OPI Turquoise Shatter

I've buffed my stamper before and that seems to help a little but the best tip I have it to not be gentle. The first time I stamped I lightly pressed the stamper against the plate... no no. I assert a good bit of pressure as I pick up the polish from the plate. Also, as you scrape your polish off the plate don't overdo it. Make sure the angle you scrape at isn't taking polish out of the etched design or you will have bald spots when you  pick the polish up. Also make sure that your stamper is completely dry. Sometimes I forget to dry it off after I use the polish remover on it and that doesn't turn out well haha! It's a trial and error process but once you learn to do it right you'll be golden. Don't be afraid to try different quantities of polish, harder or lighter scraping, more or less pressure as you stamp.. it's all a learning process. Good luck and let me know how it turns out!!

What an absolutely gorgeous manicure! I love the colours you've chosen!!!

These are gorgeous!

FemaleClown - I JUST commented on your blog post for this one! It's so amazing!

KayJay - Love the crackle on just the ring and thumb finger!  Awesome idea!

Thanks for the tips Maria!

@Barbie...I sometimes prefer the crackle as accents so its not too overbearing...lol

Latest posts

Back