FOTD June 8, 2011

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
First time posting with a liquid liner attempt...sloppy, but it works.  lol  I used an Essence Liner Pen...

Nothing special on the face really - concealer, no foundation, elf bronzer, maybelline blush pink pop, Eyes from Ulta Gold rush and Coral Glow... coral glow is actually darker coral and not photographing well on the lower lid. Hard Candy Lipgloss.

I felt like doing a food inspired look today.. so here's my Neapolitan Ice Cream look :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

ELF 100 Endless Eyes Pro Palette - Bright Peachy Pink, Vanilla and Sparkly Chocolate colors

no base today

Color Icon Eyeliner Pencil in Black

Great Lash BIG Mascara in Black

Here's my fotd.. I decided to go bold with eyes & lips! which isn't usual for me.. but hey :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> always good to try something new and different.

main products used:

Eyes:

• Aveda Concealer 02- Balsa
  • Naked Cosmetics Shadow Base in Clear 
  • Naked Cosmetics #SE-06 "Shock Effect"
  • Bed Head 4-Play Eyeshadow "Drama Queen"
  • Bed Head 4-Play Eyeshadow "Open Minded"
  • Rimmel Kajal Eye Pencil #024 "Cool Blue"
  • Bed Head Big Fat Fun Eye Pencil in "Teal"
  • Mirabella Lash Essential Mascara

Lips:

• Bed Head Lip Crayon in "Perfect Pink"
  • Mirabella Lip Colour in "Va Va Voom"
  • Mirabella Colour Shine Lip Gloss in "Muse"

Oh Wow, Holly that is gorgeous!!!

I'm taking a cue from Tis today and I've gone green!!! hehehehe

Eyes:

Avon Quad - Fresh Cut Greens

NYX JEP's - Horse Radish and Milk

ELF Eyelid Primer

Stila Eyeliner - Lionfish

Covergirl Lash Blast Mascara - Very Black

Cheeks:

LA Colors Blush - Spick

Lips:

WNW Natural Blend Lip Shimmer - Berry 104

@Holly - WOW! the blue looks great on you! You are so pretty!

@Jean - love the greens on yah and i love how you match with your shirt =)

You know what's funny, I decide on my makeup first and then dress to match it!!! LOL  I know most people probably do the opposite, I'm such a weirdo!!

Originally Posted by sammiebz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

@Jean - love the greens on yah and i love how you match with your shirt =)

Before I read your description I thought, "Looks just like neopolitan ice cream"! hehehehe, so pretty, I love it!

Originally Posted by SarraSanborn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I felt like doing a food inspired look today.. so here's my Neapolitan Ice Cream look :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

ELF 100 Endless Eyes Pro Palette - Bright Peachy Pink, Vanilla and Sparkly Chocolate colors

no base today

Color Icon Eyeliner Pencil in Black

Great Lash BIG Mascara in Black

Keep practicing and you'll find it gets easier and easier.  Liquid liner was one of the toughest things for me to master and now I just glide it right on like it's second nature. Oh, I wanted to tell you too, I learned a trick to taking pics of your makeup with your eyes closed is to not actually close them but just look down. Hope this helps.
Question, are you a librarian?  I noticed all the bookshelves in the background and little table.  I think I would have been a good librarian as much as I love to read.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotAVampireLvr /img/forum/go_quote.gif

First time posting with a liquid liner attempt...sloppy, but it works.  lol  I used an Essence Liner Pen...

Nothing special on the face really - concealer, no foundation, elf bronzer, maybelline blush pink pop, Eyes from Ulta Gold rush and Coral Glow... coral glow is actually darker coral and not photographing well on the lower lid. Hard Candy Lipgloss.

@notavamp - makeupgeek does a really good tutorial on eyeliner on her youtube. I use that same technique on my liquid liner and pencil liner.

I didn't see any other posts before Holly's... weird... anyway, Notavampirelvr Love the natural look on you... eyeliner doesn't look too shabby either... trust me it takes a lot of practice and patience...and q-tips were my best friend when i was first learning how to apply liquid eyeliner =)

@Sarra: love the ice cream look! OH man I am totally craving desserts now lol

@Sarra - Totally stealing this look for tomorrow!!!! LOVE IT!

@Holly - your whole look is great... but I love the earings and your lip color. Your face just pops today.

@Jean - I'm glad you name your brands because that eyeliner is officially on my wishlist for Sephora... I might even run out to get it at Ulta over the weekend if its there.  Would look awesome with my greens or the naked palette.... and NO I am not a librarian.... that's my husband's book collection and my 6 y.o.'s desk.  I call this room the Bat Cave... we moved into a circa 1960's Colonial - fixer-upper so you'll see a lot of bad wallpaper and dark panelling in some pictures. We can only do a room at a time and space it out because of my 3 y.o.'s asthma... The sad thing about the books is that what yous see is probably only about 20% of the books in this house. I use the library, but DH reads SciFi/Fantasy which is harder to find. Books don't stay in print as long and tend to disappear from the library.  Thanks for the picture tip! I wondered have everyone was getting such great pictures!

@Hezzie - thanks - googling and adding to playlist.

Holly...i LOVE that electric blue on you! i'm a huge fan of electric blue and an even bigger fan when it's done right ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Jean...love the greens on you lately my dear ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Sara...i love that you went ice cream inspired!

notavampire...i love the corals and bronzes mixed with the liner on you. you really know your face well and what works for you :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I went for a more natural look today since I don't have anywhere to go besides the grocery store... and my contacts were really bugging me today, so one of my eyes are super red...

Eye Shadow: Mary Kay Cream Color in Apricot Twist, Milani quad "a touch of Brown" I used the darkest brown in this quad, and Avon's smooth mineral in Bronze stone as my highlighter.

Eye Liner/Brows: Mary Kay Eyeliner in Deep Brown

Mascara: L'Oreal's Voluminous in Carbon Black

Face: Avon's Ideal Shade in Medium Brown, for under eye concealer i used Sheer Cover's concealer in Tan

Blush: ELF in Berry Merry

Lips: Mark in Melon Luxe

Sammie this is very lovely, but I must say I really enjoyed your look yesterday, love me some smokey eyes!!!
12.gif

I love all the looks!

Notavampirelvr nice attempt at liquid liner.. it really makes your eyes pop.

Sarra- it looks JUST like ice cream.. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm chocolate..

Jean those greens look magnificent on you and I am loving that gloss.. so natural and pretty!

Sammie- I wish i could do light neutral like that.. I just can't pull it off.

Holly I love that eyeshadow!  I didnt know bed head made makeup products.. I used to love the hair stuff as a teenager.

You all look amazing as usual!!

@Vampire I'm so jealous your skin looks so great!  Love the blush color on you!

@Sarra your eyes are so pretty!  I'm srsly craving icecream now

@Holly that blue looks amazing on you!

@Jean so pretty!  I love that green color, I wanna try a look with that color

@Sammie, LOVING the neutrals on you!

Eyes:
Crease - Rimmel Night Jewel
Lid - Mehron Paradise Pastel palette dark pink
Eyeliner - Almay I-Liner
Water Line - Mac Fluidline
Lashes - Maybelline Lash Stiletto Blackest Black

Face:
Concealer - PF Circle RX
Maybelline Mineral foundation mixed with lotion
  Eyebrows -  Sally Hansen Professional Brow Kit

Took a mid-day shower since it's about 100 degrees here -- new makeup!!

Jordana Foundation in Ivory

AVON Perfectmatch Powder Foundation in Ivory

ELF 100 Eyeshadow Palette - bright purple and a shiny silver

ELF Waterproof Eyeliner Pen in Black (double wing)

Great Lash BiG mascara in black

Wet and Wild lipstick in bronzeish (don't know the number offhand)

Back