which way do you think is better for my hair...

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have fine thin hair so it gets greasy easily around my scalp but dry split ends because my hair is long. So I was washing my hair every day then every other day. Then one day on the 2nd day I didn't feel good so I didn't want to wash it because I have to blowdry my bangs afterwards....I just took my waver and did that all over. It doesn't take me long about 10 mins but I guess that's the same time it would take to wash/dry my bangs..... BUT I was able to go two more days without washing my hair and it didn't get really icky at all. I used a little dry shampoo (big sexy kind) and it looked fine like I just washed it. I find though when I have my hair straight or naturally dried and use dry shampoo it still looks oily...but not when it's curly.

So I was wondering which is better...washing every other day or using a hot tool and going longer without washing? I've been using pantene for fine hair which has been working well for me but I also color my hair so washing fades it quickly and color products weigh my hair down.

Curious to what others think...thanks

My hair gets really dry on the ends but oily on top after a few days. I honestly don't wash my hair often. I wash it about once a week and if I need to I use dry shampoo. When I wash it, I just wash the scalp instead of the ends but I do condition all of it. Maybe I'm gross LOL. This week has been extra hot and I sweat a lot in my motorcycle helmet, so I've washed it 2 times in 2 days. My hair currently hates me :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Wash your hair at least three times in a week, and massage it with coconut oil twice a week. This will help to make your hair healthy and shiny.

You can find coconut oil in health food stores and in grocery stores - look for the aisle that carries "ethnic" foods.

Make sure that the oil is a liquid and not pasty - easier to apply.

Latest posts

Back