Nail Polish Rings

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Project of the night. 

My sister is an elementary Phys Ed. teacher and she has a treasure box for when the students are really good! Today she brought me home this "10 Opti-Art Ring" kit because "it seems like something you'd have fun with." .... I guess I was a good girl. SO! I remember seeing people on multiple blogs with rings made out of their favorite nail polish. I decided to do the "Ages 7-97" version with this little kit and I got out my plates and polish and started making rings. So now there are rings for me, both my sisters and my sister's girlfriend. I hope you like them! (PS! I cannot remember who started the polish ring thing, I've seen it around, so if this was your idea first let me know and I'll give you the credit.)  

This is too neat!!!! Very creative, i'm going to google NOW
biggrin.gif

I just placed an order on Amazon, I was going to get those rings but then I saw the 25 Mash (a lot of konad dupes) monster nail plate bundle for 17 bucks so I got  that instead, and a toy for my daughter (yay free shipping)

Haha yeah I have those mash plates and the bundle monster plates. good choice. good choice. I think my sister got this ring thing at 5&below for her treasure box at school. I'd look there before you bother ordering it off amazon. 

Hehe yeah I saw the pics of the plates you posted and then I saw how cheap they were on Amazon so I snatched them up!   I just went and checked out that store you mention OMG!  I wish there was one by me :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Everyone says it was Kittentoes from MUA who came up with the idea. She owns a wellknown Etsy store full of these nailpolish jewlery AND wrote a massive tutorial about it.

I love that! They remind me of the mood rings (the shape).  Is the sparkly background your nail polish or do the rings have a metallic finish that you paint over.  Your so creative
smileno.gif

I wonder if I could find the rings at Michael's Craft Store or JoAnns? I'd like to try this.

Originally Posted by Beauty2Makeup /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love that! They remind me of the mood rings (the shape).  Is the sparkly background your nail polish or do the rings have a metallic finish that you paint over.  Your so creative
smileno.gif

I wonder if I could find the rings at Michael's Craft Store or JoAnns? I'd like to try this.
The "gemstone" as they call it was totally clear, any color is the result of my nail polish and bundlemonster/mash stamping on the flat back part. It seems this kit is available at ACmoore, michaels and JoAnns. I asked my sister and she definitely got it at a 5&below. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Those would make really cute and simple gifts! I work at an elementary school too...you've just given me an idea for my treasure box! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back