FOTD - June 14, 2011

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score

I used Sleek Makeup palette in Sunset: Golden shimmer beige on the lids, applied the metallic rust shade over a black eyeliner on the upper lash line. In the corner, I combined the shimmer plum and matte black. For the lower lashes, I mixed the shimmer plum and rust.  On the lips, Chanel Coco Shine in Boy and Nars Orgasm for the cheeks. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Looking very nice Beauty...

Foudation: Clarins Full Cover Nude

Eyes: Black Eyeshadow

Vixen Quad Eyeshadow-  Blueish green 

Pink along the brow

Lashes: Maybelline - The falsies

Lashes are from Vivi Nail

Lips: Some Lipgloss i found the name scratched off

I've got two exciting happenings today. My oldest son is 20 today and I have a job interview this morning. Wish me luck! Eyes: Stila Glamour Goddess Palette Stila Eyeliner- Lionfish Covergirl Lash Blast Mascara - Very Black NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder - Brunette Cheeks: Stila - Kitten ELF Studio Blush & Bronzer Laura Gellar Blush & Brighten - Apricot Berry Lips: NYC Long Wearing Lip Color - 482

@Beautychatter - I love the looks of those Sleek palettes, what do you think about them?  Those colors are beautiful on you!

@Foxymom - The dramatic eyes look fantastic on you!

Thanks girls for the well wishes.  I'm leaving in about 20 minutes and I'm so nervous.  I haven't had a job interview in ages!!

Rough morning! I really enjoyed how my eyes came out, but I had a new bronzer disaster as well as a mineral powder disaster... I honestly wanted to hurl them both out the window.

I decided to try out some of my LA Colors Collection today.

Eyes:   UD Primer on lids, monistat gel below eyes. I  tried copying Sarra's neopolitan look from last week, but my colors were off.  Bad lighting in my bedroom still I guess.  It came out more like a 80's disco look than neopolitan!

All Over - LA Colors Mineral Eye Shadow - not a fan of this.  Makes a mess and I feel like it was very gritty - the color was "white" Reminded me of Stila's Kitten or Jemma Kidds "elle" shadow (01)  I won't be using this one again - in fact it might go straight to the circular file - it was very uncomfortable on my lids during application.

Lower Lids:  La Colors Eye Candy and LA Colors Cafe Au Lait.  I was very happy with application. Pigmentations were okay, but had to build up to get what I got. For me who doesn't like a lot of dark dramatic color it works. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Liner: Avon Glimmerstick - also some of the colors from the top rubbed onto my water line and I didn't remove them. I liked the effect.

Mascara: Avon Supershock - new for me Mascara. I hate the wand, but the end result was awesome. I think I'm going to have a love hate relationship with this mascara.

Cheeks:  Elf Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder. This was a major FAIL for me, but I'm going to try again over the weekend. The bronzer was way too dark for my skin tone and I used the contour blush improperly I think.  It had a ton of fallout and was an overall  hot mess.

Face: Physician's Formula Mineral Wear. Another FAIL.  This powder is not all over the front of my shirt. I'm not sure if it was the brush that came with it - or than I'm not used to loose powder... it was just awful though.  I've used loose powders before and I don't remember them being that messy.    Also used Clinique All About Eyes Concealer under my eyes and Neutragena pressed powder for damage control after using the Elf duo. There was shimmer fallout everywhere.

Lips: Avon Extra Lasting Lipgloss Constant Coral

But did I mention how much I'm enjoying my eyes right now?  Yay me!

Pictures: Please ignore the cheeks - I haven't fixed the disaster yet. Also the lighting for these pictures is pretty bluish... There's no sun coming in right now and I didn't want to photoshop.  Oh and the hair hasn't been done yet... air drying today.

I decided to give FOTD a try again, although I'm not sure if I can wear colors this bright during the day, I went outside and I was shocked by how bright they really are.

Eyes:

Urban Decay in Grifter

MAC: Star Violet

Mary Kay: Plum

Revlon Colorstay Eyeliner

Maybelline Great Lash Mascara

Cheeks:

Cargo: The Big Easy

Lips:

Stila in Kitten

I can't wait until I get to play with makeup again... One stye gone, one more to go! How awful is that that I got 2 styes one in each eye =(... But you ladies look fabulous today..

@Janet - It doesn't look too bright, I think the color goes well with your skin tone...

@Notavampirelvr - i think you did an awesome job!

@Jean - love the neutrals... Good luck with your interview today!

@Foxy - I love that look on you! I love playing with black, maybe a little too much but I can't help it LOL...

@Beauty - Love it! I love your eye brows too! omg jealous!

Got inspired by the Dare to Be Nails Challenge I did....

Champagne eyes with Strawberries lips....

Face:

Revlon ColorStay Foundation in Medium Beige

Mary Kay Mineral Powder Foundation in Beige 1

Benefit Erase Paste in Medium

Laura Geller Blush and Highlight in HoneyDipped

Eyes:

MAC Pigment in Jardin Aires, Gold Mode, and Most Darling

Mary Kay Eyescles in Vanilla

WNW Color Icon Liner in White

L'Oreal HIP Cream Liner in Black

L'Oreal Voluninious Mascara

Anastasia Brow Duo in Brunette

Lips:

L'Oreal Anti-Feather Lip Liner in Red

WNW Mega Last Lipcolor in 911D

@NotAVamp - FABULOUS!!!  Your eyes look fantastic!

@Janet - I know it seems very bright to you, but reall it's not as bright as you think and it looks wonderful on you!

@Vixie - va va voom!!! Smokin hot red lips, love it!

You all look so beautiful!

Beauty loving the neutrals!

Foxy gorgeous for a sec you looked like taylor momsen without the racoon eyes hehe

Jean so perrrrty and happy bday to your son and good luck!!!

Janet you are are simply gorgeous today!

So hot Vixie, those lips!!!

Its been about a week I think?? But here is my FOTD. Its cooled down a lot here so my make up isnt melting off my face anymore lol

I got some new stuff that I used today.

Face:

Claudia Stevens face primer (Sally's Beauty brand)

Just Face IT foundation-Hard Candy

Physician's Formula glow and mood boosting powder - translucent

Zac and Zoe blush - pink  moon

Sally's Face Highlighter

Eyes:

SXY Unforgettable Moments(Payless Brand)-dual sided eye pencil - Ivory [base on the lid]

Wnw Cream Eyeshadow pencil-Pixie (base on brow bone)

Milani eye shadow "Runway Eyes" - Royalty [purple] & Beach Sand

ELF Eyeliner&Shadow stick - plum (only used the eye liner)

Lips:

Milani glitzy glamorous gloss - "First Class" (I have to say, I LOVE it!)

@BeautyChatter - love the neutrals on you

@Foxy-very moody looking, I like.

@Jean- perfectly classy for a job interview :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Good luck girl!

@Notavamp - loving ur eyes, dramatic....looks good!

@Janet- you can definitely pull off that look during the day, looking good girl.

@Vixie - LOVE the lips!

So far so good. Its work better if I put it on my finger first tho. But I like the result. I can get away with the lighter colors cos of my fair skin and dark hair, and it helps to know ur skin tone (warm or cool).

Latest posts

Back